Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2017, 06:18 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,354,269 times

Advertisements

Sounds like he is an idiot.

Muslims arose after 600 or so AD. Moses was around in BC, and Jesus was born in about 6 AD. They could not have been Muslim, even if they said seemingly non-Jewish things. Also Moses helped write the first five biblical books or the Penteteuch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 06:39 AM

2,701 posts, read 2,615,686 times
Muslims are those who are submitting themselves to the one created them.
I thought the Jews and Christians are doing the same.

Old 08-27-2017, 08:32 AM

21,893 posts, read 19,034,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
Muslims are those who are submitting themselves to the one created them.
I thought the Jews and Christians are doing the same.
Yes.
Jews and Crstns are doing the same.

all are doing monotheism
not all are Muslim.

because in English the word Muslim means "follower of the religion Islam"
Jews are "follower of the religion Judaism"
Crstns are "follower of the religion Crstnty"

God is over everything. People do not have a problem with that.

However when Islam tries to claim all history is Islam, people have a problem with that.
When Islam tries to erase the history of that which is NOT Islam, people have a problem with that.
When Islam tries to claim all people are Muslim, people have a problem with that.

regarding the opening post:

Most people can understand how the word "muslim" in Arabic can be used to mean "submits to the one Creator."

Can the Muslims posting on this board understand why people object to saying all people are Muslim? and why people object to saying all history belongs to Islam? and why people object to destroying and denying historic records buildings and artifacts of non-Islamic peoples, cultures, religions, and civilizations?

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 08-27-2017 at 09:06 AM..

Old 08-27-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
Yes.

all are monotheism
not all are Muslim.

However when Islam tries to claim all history is Islam, people have a problem with that.
When Islam tries to erase the history of that which is NOT Islam, people have a problem with that.
When Islam tries to claim all people are Muslim, people have a problem with that.

Most people can understand how the word "muslim" in Arabic can be used to mean "submits to the one Creator."

Can the Muslims posting on this board understand why people object to saying all people are Muslim? and why people object to saying all history belongs to Islam? and why people object to destroying and denying historic records buildings and artifacts of non-Islamic peoples, cultures, religions, and civilizations?
Do you believe that Mahammad is messenger from the creator ?

Old 08-27-2017, 09:10 AM

50,079 posts, read 20,490,383 times
I propse we atheist take 6 days break from this thread and let 'em fight it out.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
as a Jew my focus is on serving God. not on other religions, or how other people serve God.

are you able to answer the questions at the end of post #113?

Old 08-27-2017, 09:23 AM

9,588 posts, read 4,988,046 times
Quote:
Yes.

all are doing monotheism
not all are Muslim.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:24 AM

9,588 posts, read 4,988,046 times
Quote:

NO. Peace

Old 08-27-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I agree with what Khalif states in his post below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post

My belief is that Muhammad was not given any new law. It is said in the Qur'an that I have not said anything to you that I have not said to the messenger before you. Therefore, we are not following any new laws but the laws already in existence before the Qur'an. The Qur'an only verifies them. The Qur'an is considered "reminder" of what has been given before.

I would like to think that the Qur'an is trying to bring all divided believers on the same platform. Laws are the same but ways of devotion vary. It is not a big deal whether we call "Allah", "God" or "G-d". We are saying the same thing.

In Islam, according to the Qur'an, to be considered righteous for the world to come requires just two things:
Believing and doing good to others, earthly life and earthly environment to protect and preserve humanity on earth.
The above is the sum total of all the laws whether religious or secular. Humanity must come first if we are to be righteous people and godly people.

Old 08-27-2017, 09:44 AM

Quote:
as a Jew my focus is on serving God. not on other religions, or how other people serve God.

are you able to answer the questions at the end of post #113?
obeying the god is one of the service

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said
By Him in Whose hand is the life of Muhammad,
he who amongst the community of Jews or Christians hears about me,
but does not affirm his belief in that with which I have been sent
and dies in this state (of disbelief),
he shall be but one of the denizens of Hell-Fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality