Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is there any excuse or reason for not hearing "The Word"?
Yes, it could easily happen and is excusable 5 20.83%
Yes, but only in very rare and exceptional circumstances 1 4.17%
No, there is simply no excuse, "The Word" is how we will be judged 5 20.83%
The Word is not how we will be judged anyway/ or we cease to exist 13 54.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 04:06 PM

22,992 posts, read 10,337,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Numerous studies have concluded that atheists are actually more familiar with the Bible than the majority of Christians.
That is probably true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 05:00 PM

18,926 posts, read 6,927,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Your idea of eternal punishment without the possibility of change is NOT justice, but revenge.
And you continue to do it. You brazenly ignore our views, and you tell us what we think.

And you wonder why we have very little good to say about you.

Old 08-16-2017, 05:13 PM

22,011 posts, read 19,117,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Yes, because living with a concern for the best interest of everyone is a very disturbing and unclean motive.
what is disturbing and has unclean motive
is a group or person that uses manipulation and mind control.

In post #11 (shown below) L8Gr8 correctly and accurately points out some identifiers of high control groups. I agree with her 100%. Nate's post in this thread are examples of this very behavior. Red flags that often identify this are:

"I know what is best for you"
"there is only one way to God"
"I know what is best for everyone"
and use of phrases such as the Word, the Way, the Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I'd like to see the answer to that as well. Anytime I see phrases like : The word, the way, the truth, the path mind control alarm bells go off in my head. Those are the words of high control groups. Mine referred to their religion as THE Truth. What differs is how they use the words. The truth can mean many different things to different people but if you are in a manipulative group it means that ONLY they have the truth and it cannot be gotten anywhere else. So the word that you are referring to; is it THE Word or it is A Word?

Old 08-16-2017, 05:20 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,350,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
what is disturbing and has unclean motive
is a group or person that uses manipulation and mind control.

Red flags that often identify this are:

"I know what is best for you"
"there is only one way to God"
"I know what is best for everyone"
and use of phrases such as the Word, the Way, the Truth

In post #11, L8Gr8 correctly and accurately points out these red flags of high control groups. I agree with her 100%. Nate's post in this thread are examples of this very behavior.
And, in your mind, saying that having the best interest of everyone at heart, is controlling, manipulation and mind control? Surely not.

Nowhere has nate said that only people in a certain religion or non-religion can fulfill that guiding principle. Nor has he said any of the things you put in quotes. So, what's the problem?

Old 08-16-2017, 05:31 PM

22,011 posts, read 19,117,250 times
Quote:
And, in your mind, saying that having the best interest of everyone at heart, is controlling, manipulation and mind control? Surely not.

Nowhere has nate said that only people in a certain religion or non-religion can fulfill that guiding principle. Nor has he said any of the things you put in quotes. So, what's the problem?
See post 73.
Pleroo do you understand what L8Gr8 is saying in post 11? Do you see how the behavior she is describing is problematic? Can you tell us please why the red flags she describes are a problem?

Old 08-16-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:

Nowhere has nate said that only people in a certain religion or non-religion can fulfill that guiding principle. So, what's the problem?
What is wrong with Manipulating people?

I mean, not that Taphy is doing it, I didn't even read what she wrote, but why does manipulation have to be a bad thing? Many cultures are taught to manipulate to teach a lesson, tribal lessons of honor and such. Like if you purposely created an illegal situation for somebody you know, that you can manipulate them in order to prove who they are. Like a man who owns a dry cleaning business, and he wants to test his servant and so he puts a nickel in the pocket of a pair of pants to see if the servant was wise enough to do the right thing? Many times a person can't move on until their tested and tried in order to learn what is worth learning in life.

An Indian might ask you to do some great favor for him in order to create a reason for you to tell a lie for him, and he would make it look real good as that you would be proving your friendship if you would only tell a lie about where he was during a certain time or something of that nature, something that really makes the person want to lie for them.

But even as the person lies as a favor to the person he does it for, he has given up his integrity and there is nothing worse than a liar.

But then having exposed a liar to show him his shame, he will then realize what is worthy in this world and what is not worthy, and a man's word is a thing to be held as a treasure to keep. Tribal cultures would always subject their children to manipulation when teaching them the greatest secrets of life, and what honor is, and what it isn't. Woe unto the Indian who is not proud of the truth and what he does, he would be a betrayer of his soul, like a man who took a scalp from a warrior he didn't kill.

Old 08-16-2017, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
See post 73.
Pleroo do you understand what L8Gr8 is saying in post 11? Do you see how the behavior she is describing is problematic? Can you tell us please why the red flags she describes are a problem?
If nate's posts in any way resembled what L8 described, you'd have a point. As it is, he said the words, "the way" (referring to having the best interest of everyone at heart), and you filled in the rest with your very vivid imagination.

Old 08-16-2017, 05:44 PM

15,803 posts, read 6,261,660 times
I've notice Nate use the way before and have kept an eye on him. I don't get that vibe from him though (I'm not an expert on manipulation so he could have sneaked past me). He seems to be talking about a worldview rather than a particular sect having exclusive rights to this way. He's more arguing morality than religion to me. He's actually arguing against elitist mentality(same as me but I'm concentrating on the Watchtower)he's even stated that atheists use different language than believers but say the same thing. He looks like a humanist to me.

The fact of the matter T is that there are people trapped in religions that are harmful. People do get taken advantage of by scammers claiming they can lead them to God. I won't go into Nate's intentions but mine is just to give people information about the Watchtower they may not get otherwise. What they do with that information is up to them.

Old 08-16-2017, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I've notice Nate use the way before and have kept an eye on him. I don't get that vibe from him though (I'm not an expert on manipulation so he could have sneaked past me). He seems to be talking about a worldview rather than a particular sect having exclusive rights to this way. He's more arguing morality than religion to me. He's actually arguing against elitist mentality(same as me but I'm concentrating on the Watchtower)he's even stated that atheists use different language than believers but say the same thing. He looks like a humanist to me.

The fact of the matter T is that there are people trapped in religions that are harmful. People do get taken advantage of by scammers claiming they can lead them to God. I won't go into Nate's intentions but mine is just to give people information about the Watchtower they may not get otherwise. What they do with that information is up to them.
It's really pretty simple. Is Tzap against the idea of having the best interest of everyone at heart for some reason? I can't see any other reason why she'd be so up in arms about nate's posts.

Old 08-16-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
It's really pretty simple. Is Tzap against the idea of having the best interest of everyone at heart for some reason? I can't see any other reason why she'd be so up in arms about nate's posts.
Did you know that Nate replaces Tzaph?

Yeah, he is the true Jew, did you know that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality