Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 08:37 AM

611 posts, read 279,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
How did you determine the highlighted text?
Let me try again, I see intelligent design in our solar system. And it requires intelligence to recognize intelligent design. And we can trace the design and put it on paper - how the solar system works. I'm not the designer, but I can recognize the design. A working design and illustrate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2017, 08:56 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,678,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
Let me try again, I see intelligent design in our solar system. And it requires intelligence to recognize intelligent design. And we can trace the design and put it on paper - how the solar system works. I'm not the designer, but I can recognize the design. A working design and illustrate it.
Do you know what a solar system that wasn't intelligently designed would look like?

Old 08-16-2017, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Do you know what a solar system that wasn't intelligently designed would look like?
Do you know what a car would look like if there was no intelligent design behind it?

Old 08-16-2017, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Do you know what a car would look like if there was no intelligent design behind it?
Yes, because we would have the parts available to us for inspection. We have seen this in pre-assembly stages, so we have something to compare with that demonstrates that a car was designed. What do we have to compare an intelligently designed solar system to determine that it was designed?

Old 08-16-2017, 10:08 AM

Quote:
You just give me a piece of paper and a pen, and I will mindlessly scribble around and hand it back to you. That's how it would look.

Give me another piece of paper and tell me show you some intelligent design in our solar system and I'd be glad to oblige. And around, and around, and around we go.

Intelligence requires a mind. A mind was involved with creation and my mind recognizes that. And you are not all of yourself, only the conscious self. And the other part of your mind with the subconscious self, existing beneath and beyond Mr. Conscious self might have something to say about who created what and what not is intelligent design. God created us to exist with us, and he does. Like it or not. God has been here a long time and he is sticking around whether you like it or not. He don't exist? That's fine. But I don't believe you. I see intelligent design in this God I know, and the Book left behind with Gods work, and men just doing what they do; and can tell which is which in this story book. I see intelligent design. The Mind knows more than your eyes will let you see. Figure that awhile. Kinda fun to write it. Feels good.

Okay: POST

Old 08-16-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Yes, because we would have the parts available to us for inspection. We have seen this in pre-assembly stages, so we have something to compare with that demonstrates that a car was designed. What do we have to compare an intelligently designed solar system to determine that it was designed?
Tell me what those things would look like without intelligent design.

Old 08-16-2017, 10:49 AM

You tell me what a car would look like without intelligent design and I'll show you what a solar system would look like without intelligent design.

If intelligent design did not exist that car would not be there.

Again, You tell me what a car would look like if there was no intelligent design behind it?

Old 08-16-2017, 11:26 AM

2,826 posts, read 2,360,304 times
As auralmack showed, it's kinda easy to prove. Houses don't build themselves, event if wood and nails are lying around.

But more important part. Why are you resisting this. An atheist could "maybe a creator exists, but this has nothing to do with my life. God cares for me as much as I care for him." Voila, probly left alone as surely as the old atheist.

Old 08-16-2017, 11:27 AM

Okay, I'm just talking to myself. Point being, you can't show me a car with no intelligent design, and I sure can't show you a solar system with no intelligent design. What else is possible?

Last edited by auralmack; 08-16-2017 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: make perfect...Hi bul u just squee in

Old 08-16-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Okay, I'm just talking to myself. Point being, you can't show me a car with no intelligent design, and I sure can't show you a solar system with no intelligent design. What else is possible?
To explain, let's back up a bit. How did you go about determining that this car was intelligently designed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality