U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2017, 12:45 PM

1,883 posts, read 1,651,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
There have been over 100 posts about your " unquestionable evidences" and, so far, every one of them has indeed been questioned. If they were in fact unquestionable, how is that possible?

post #1 is unquestionable >>> unquestionable evidences
and I didn't mean that literally but to emphasize that the evidences is very strong
He said: O my Lord! surely I have called my people by night and by day!
But my call has only made them flee the more:
And whenever I have called them that Thou mayest forgive them, they put their fingers in their ears, cover themselves with their garments, and persist and are puffed up with pride:
Then surely I called to them aloud:
Then surely I spoke to them in public and I spoke to them in secret:
Then I said, Ask forgiveness of your Lord, surely He is the most Forgiving: The Holy Quran.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Rather like the "knocking star" argument, that this particular photo happens to have been printed in red (in actuality, through the telescope, it would appear blue -to yellow white - like most galaxies) means that you needed the human technology of visual reproduction, before it looked 'Red'. Plus one needs to eye of faith to see it as a Rose, even despite the Quran text talks bout the colour, not the shape. Finaly, this is talking about a postulated end of this supposed finite cosmos as known to the medieval arabs - ripped apart and turning red, like oil or a hide (I suspect the translation is rather "brown"). .

this is the actual verse in Arabic فَإِذَا انشَقَّتِ السَّمَاءُ فَكَانَتْ وَرْدَةً كَالدِّهَانِ ( Ar-Rahmaan, Chapter #55, Verse #37)

the word in brown means rose
the word in blue means ( paint or dyeing or dye ) there is no red
Quote:
Says nothing about gravity .
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Having read post 89 there is nothing about gravity, nothing about science and nothing that cannot be questioned.
it says the Quran is not a detailed science book

Last edited by truth_teller; 08-23-2017 at 01:34 PM..

Old 08-23-2017, 02:12 PM

39,070 posts, read 10,842,814 times
The point is understood that "Eungestionable" in intended to signify very strong evidences. Of course they can be questioned, and they are not beyond question. However, on examonation they turn out to not very strong at all.

The "split moon' was a car -crash, frankly.

The salt and fresh water not mixing is just wrong, despite your sterling efforts to make it work. Dawkins was absolutely right to pick that.

The lowest place, and the bones are quite good, but they do have other explanations, or counters. They are not very strong proofs of the Quran.

The lightning strike doesn't quite work. We do not get an instant visible return -strike. After all, if that was the case, we'd be familiar with the phenomenon.

Indeed, when you think of it, hidden science is a tricky beast; if you have a god telling us "This and that as you have all seen, I did that". Well, it would be a faith -claim and no more.

If he says "I made everything from invisible grains, separated one from the other, it would be a good one. But then it was known to the Greeks (Democritus, I believe (1) as an atomic theory, so even if it was in the Quran, it wouldn't be a Proof. But of course, it isn't.

ok.. off you go and look..

(1) yep, that's the dude..

Old 08-23-2017, 03:47 PM

5,936 posts, read 2,289,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
this is the actual verse in Arabic فَإِذَا انشَقَّتِ السَّمَاءُ فَكَانَتْ وَرْدَةً كَالدِّهَانِ ( Ar-Rahmaan, Chapter #55, Verse #37)

the word in brown means rose
the word in blue means ( paint or dyeing or dye ) there is no red

it says the Quran is not a detailed science book
So why use something as obviously wrong as the barrier between fresh and salt water?

So the Quran is not a detailed science book however the science it does provide is wrong proving the book correct? That does not work for me or for most people.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:43 PM

another evidence
this verse has at least two evidences

the first one is the describing of how the Night overlap the Day,
and the Day overlap the Night continuously at the same time in ball like
and the second evidence is because the shape of the overlap is like a ball it hints that the earth is sphere
He has created the heavens and the earth with the truth;
He makes the night cover the day (in a ball like)
and makes the day overtake the night (in a ball like): ,
and He has made the sun and the moon subservient;
each one runs on to an assigned term; now surely He is the Mighty, the great Forgiver. The Holy Quran 39:5

Old 08-23-2017, 07:33 PM

7,378 posts, read 6,731,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
another evidence
this verse has at least two evidences

the first one is the describing of how the Night overlap the Day,
and the Day overlap the Night continuously at the same time in ball like
and the second evidence is because the shape of the overlap is like a ball it hints that the earth is sphere
He has created the heavens and the earth with the truth;
He makes the night cover the day (in a ball like)
and makes the day overtake the night (in a ball like): ,
and He has made the sun and the moon subservient;
each one runs on to an assigned term; now surely He is the Mighty, the great Forgiver. The Holy Quran 39:5
Where did the part in the parentheses come from? Was that simply inserted to make it seem more legitimate?
How do the Sun and the moon "run on to an assigned term"? What kind of term and for what length? The sun simply moves through space with the galaxy at no known "term". The moon simply revolves around the Earth just like any other natural satellite around any other planet or sun.

Old 08-24-2017, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Where did the part in the parentheses come from? Was that simply inserted to make it seem more legitimate?.
in the verse the translator used the verbs cover and overtake and this is not the literal translations for the verbs in Arabic the verb in Arabic comes from the noun ball and if you check many translators
every one used the closed verb for the actual Arabic word used in the Holy Quran.

is there a verb for the noun ball?
Quote:
How do the Sun and the moon "run on to an assigned term"? What kind of term and for what length? The sun simply moves through space with the galaxy at no known "term". The moon simply revolves around the Earth just like any other natural satellite around any other planet or sun.
The sun and the moon will not be working in the day of resurrection

Old 08-24-2017, 02:14 AM

5,667 posts, read 2,870,063 times
How long ago was the shape of the earth was known?
Quote:
After that, sometime between 500 B.C. and 430 B.C., a fellow called Anaxagoras determined the true cause of solar and lunar eclipses - and then the shape of the Earth's shadow on the Moon during a lunar eclipse was also used as evidence that the Earth was round.
Quote:
The earliest reliably documented mention of the spherical Earth concept dates from around the 6th century BC when it appeared in ancient Greek philosophy but remained a matter of speculation until the 3rd century BC, when Hellenistic astronomy established the spherical shape of the Earth as a physical given.
So the shape of the earth was known some thousand years before the writing of the Quran.

How long ago was the diameter of the earth calculated?
Quote:
In 240 B.C., the Greek astronomer Eratosthenes made the first good measurement of the size of Earth. By noting the angles of shadows in two cities on the Summer Solstice, and by performing the right calculations using his knowledge of geometry and the distance between the cities, Eratosthenes was able to make a remarkably accurate calculation of the circumference of Earth.
So, a vague reference to the day-night shadow is hardly a scientific revelation by Allah.

Last edited by 303Guy; 08-24-2017 at 02:23 AM..

Old 08-25-2017, 05:59 AM

another evidence

at daytime if you go up more than 200 kilo meters to the spaces you will find the space is dark although the sun is in front of you
and that is because the vast majority of sun rays are invisible
and The visible ray of the sun will not be seen until it hits the atmosphere that face the sun at daytime
so the daytime show the light of sun and this scientific fact is mentioned in the Holy Quran.
By the sun and its brightness.
By the moon as it follows it (the sun).
By the day as it shows up (the sun's) brightness.
By the night as it conceals it (the sun).
By the heaven and Him Who built it.
By the earth and Him Who spread it.
By Nafs (Adam or a person or a soul), and Him Who perfected him in proportion;
Then He showed him what is wrong for him and what is right for him.
Indeed he succeeds who purifies his ownself (i.e. obeys and performs all that Allah ordered, by following the true Faith of Islamic Monotheism and by doing righteous good deeds).
And indeed he fails who corrupts his ownself (i.e. disobeys what Allah has ordered by rejecting the true Faith of Islamic Monotheism or by following polytheism or by doing every kind of evil wicked deeds). The Holy Quran

Old 08-25-2017, 07:43 AM

39,070 posts, read 10,842,814 times
You are struggling. The moon does not 'folow' the sun. It merely looks like it if you are ignorant of the Greek theories of a planetary system (though the thought the earth was the centere of it) and still thought the earth was flat with a dome over it.

The day showing the brightness of the sun, is about as scientific as the genesis daylight before the sun was supposedly created.

These are the ideas of people with backward ideas about the way things were. The writers of the Bible had an excuse. The writers of the Quran didn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or