U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-17-2017, 12:40 PM
Status: "Just crying wolf" (set 3 days ago)
 
5,272 posts, read 1,312,618 times
Reputation: 792

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
Quran and Hadith are all from Allah
No. It isn't. Just read Surah 3-5. It's clear from the muddled understanding of Christianity that it's the product of a human mind--specifically one that has no clue what Christianity teaches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-17-2017, 01:14 PM
 
34,233 posts, read 8,794,944 times
Reputation: 4769
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
there are many other scientific sites confirm the number is 360 and this number was agreed about recently.
Yes, but as observed, there is nothing remarkable about that, and the number of joints is not too accurate. it seems to overestimate by ten or so. This is not stunning evidence, as I said.
.
Quote:
any thing mentioned by Mahammad it would be in his time between the time he was a prophet at 610 ad until the time he died in 632 ad.
the Umayyad was in 662 to 750 ad.
It is believed that the Birmingham Koran was produced between 568AD and 645AD, while the dates usually given for Muhammad are between 570AD and 632AD.

Read more: Koran thought to be the oldest in the world could predate Muhammad | Daily Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

However (as I pointed out) an apologetics site notes that this is only the date of the paper, not of the writing. Can you produce any better evidence than statements of faith to show a Quran that dates to the time of Muhammed? I believe there are five early copies and they are all after his time. In fact they would have to be since isn't it said that Uthman had all other copies of the Quran destroyed?

I will say this much. There are explanations as to why the Proofs you put forward don't persuade, but the howlers like the fly's wing come from the hadiths. So, apart from the dubious claims about human reproduction, I know of no real debunkers, unlike the Bible, unless the one about salt and freah water not mixing is from the Quran. Is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
Quran and Hadith are all from Allah
Then the Fly's wing cure debunks you.

Yes, it is from the Quran, and salt and water do mix. There is a you tube experiment proving this, and brackish water was known from antiquity. The knowledge fo the writers (presumably because they never went near the sea) was less good than the average illiterate fisherman that lived there.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-17-2017 at 01:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2017, 01:24 PM
 
34,233 posts, read 8,794,944 times
Reputation: 4769
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
No. It isn't. Just read Surah 3-5. It's clear from the muddled understanding of Christianity that it's the product of a human mind--specifically one that has no clue what Christianity teaches.
I do hope you are taking careful not of this, old chum. The muddled understanding of Christianity (as an analogy of muddled understanding of evolution, for example), the denialist restatement of debunks claims, and the rereated faith -assertions are not only peculiar to Islamic apologetics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2017, 03:50 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
15,509 posts, read 6,968,148 times
Reputation: 1599
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
Quran and Hadith are all from Allah
I see, and equally unreliable then, apparently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2017, 04:19 PM
 
1,860 posts, read 1,526,025 times
Reputation: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
No. It isn't. Just read Surah 3-5. It's clear from the muddled understanding of Christianity that it's the product of a human mind--specifically one that has no clue what Christianity teaches.
Christianity and Jews and every one must follow Mahammad if muddled understanding of Christianity or not.
they must follow the final messenger his message was for every one and not for certain people.

Last edited by truth_teller; 08-17-2017 at 05:35 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2017, 04:46 PM
 
10,425 posts, read 4,114,574 times
Reputation: 1192
mohammad wasn't stupid. He was also a soldier and a general.

I bet he counted them.
or talk to somebody that did,
maybe even had a guy count them.

oh, right, I forgot where I am. A statement of belief is more practical than a knowledge claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2017, 04:49 PM
 
Location: USA
2,958 posts, read 1,033,561 times
Reputation: 862
Tired of the Nonsense wrote:
Anyone interested in in science and medicine would naturally study a human skeleton as a learning tool. Human skeletons had precisely the same number of joints 1400 years ago as they do today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller
Mahammad got the information from Gabriel and Gabriel got them from Allah
Is there is no chance someone interested in human anatomy might have counted the number of joints in a human body at some point. And of course there is no chance at all that Muhammad, while chatting with his physician, might have picked up this information, I suppose? I personally have a rather vast amount of information stored in my head, most of which I picked up from other individuals in some manner. None of it was given to me by an angel, however.

Your point is that Muhammad seems to have known fourteen hundred years ago the human body has 360 joints is compelling evidence that the Quran is authentic. But it just is not compelling. Fourteen hundred years ago the human body had EXACTLY the same number of joints as the human body does today. Kudos to Muhammad for getting it right though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2017, 05:11 PM
 
1,860 posts, read 1,526,025 times
Reputation: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Then the Fly's wing cure debunks you..
if it was not proven yet that does not mean it is not true.
The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said,
"If a fly falls down to your vessel,
drown all of it then remove it,
for one of its wings has the ailment
and the other has the cure," The new buzz on antibiotics (ABC News in Science)
.
Quote:
Yes, it is from the Quran, and salt and water do mix. .
here are the verses that have the evidences
He has set free the two seas meeting together. There is a barrier between them. They do not transgress. The Holy Quran

*************
He is the one who has set free the two kinds of water, one sweet and palatable, and the other salty and bitter. And He has made between them a barrier and a forbidding partition. The Holy Quran


***************
Is not He (better than your gods) Who has made the earth as a fixed abode, and has placed rivers in its midst, and has placed firm mountains therein, and has set a barrier between the two seas (of salt and sweet water)? Is there any ilah (god) with Allah? Nay, but most of them know not! The Holy Quran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0md_jrKxpM



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZYVjaQE00s



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWRqfWo4hZ8

.
Quote:
There is a you tube experiment proving this, and brackish water was known from antiquity. The knowledge fo the writers (presumably because they never went near the sea) was less good than the average illiterate fisherman that lived there.
do you mean this tube ok but see until the end


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2IEvykdCpQ

Last edited by truth_teller; 08-17-2017 at 06:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2017, 05:44 PM
 
1,860 posts, read 1,526,025 times
Reputation: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
Tired of the Nonsense wrote:
Anyone interested in in science and medicine would naturally study a human skeleton as a learning tool. Human skeletons had precisely the same number of joints 1400 years ago as they do today.



Is there is no chance someone interested in human anatomy might have counted the number of joints in a human body at some point. And of course there is no chance at all that Muhammad, while chatting with his physician, might have picked up this information, I suppose? I personally have a rather vast amount of information stored in my head, most of which I picked up from other individuals in some manner. None of it was given to me by an angel, however.

Your point is that Muhammad seems to have known fourteen hundred years ago the human body has 360 joints is compelling evidence that the Quran is authentic. But it just is not compelling. Fourteen hundred years ago the human body had EXACTLY the same number of joints as the human body does today. Kudos to Muhammad for getting it right though.
that was only one evidence this book has many



A Brief Illustrated Guide To Understanding Islam, Muslims, and the Quran

Islam Guide: A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam, Muslims, & the Quran
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2017, 06:58 PM
 
Location: minnesota
5,211 posts, read 1,661,120 times
Reputation: 1828
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Was muhammed also correct when he said that the sperm orginates from a man's belly?
Maybe is was symbolic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:58 PM.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top