U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-21-2017, 05:07 PM
 
13,493 posts, read 4,990,097 times
Reputation: 1365

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
New post.

Since unquestionable evidence has removed 'Trust in the Quran" even more convincingly than trust in the Bible, I would ask any Muslim to give me one good, convincing, rationally sound reason to become a muslim.

I'll give you one good reason to become an atheist. It is, on all reason and evidence - true.

That is one "Religion" btw our Ozzie stand -up comic didn't even look at. Atheism is something he was brought up as and was just something to leave for religion, rather than a sound worldview in itself Damn! That Vid is a lot more cunningly crafted than I thought.
well maybe you think your sect of atheism is logical. But your sect, like his islam, is based on a flawed belief statement. basically its blind faith atheism. you can no sooner see that than he can is his phony islam.

believers and non believers, only, that,s the funnest thing I ever heard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-21-2017, 05:39 PM
 
39,044 posts, read 10,831,421 times
Reputation: 5083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
well maybe you think your sect of atheism is logical. But your sect, like his islam, is based on a flawed belief statement. basically its blind faith atheism. you can no sooner see that than he can is his phony islam.

believers and non believers, only, that,s the funnest thing I ever heard.
Glad that you are amused. I'm amused to hear that I have a sect of atheism. You know (or should) that you have told me what you think I think and I have told you that I don't and you insist that I do. To me, that's amusing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2017, 07:33 PM
 
1,883 posts, read 1,651,326 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
There hasn't been any evidence in this thread.
there were evidence and signs in the verse he read after he was waiting for sign to happen.

The main objective of the video is to highlight that when you truly and honest ask your creator for guidance Allah will make your heart eyes see it.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said
ďAllah says:
ĎI am as My slave thinks I am,
and I am with him when he remembers Me.
If he remembers me to himself, I remember him to Myself;
if he remembers Me in a gathering, I remember him in a gathering better than it;
if he draws near to Me a handspan, I draw near to him an armís length;
if he draws near to me an armís length, I draw near to him a fathomís length;
if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.Ē
Narrated by al-Bukhaari (7405) and Muslim (2675).
in the video the man was reading the Holy Quran then he stopped and started talking to Allah to show him a sign and I do not agree with the style and may be it was okay for him at that time ,
then and he continued to read the Quran and immediately he read this verse and his heart got opened for it and accepted as a sign for his truth quest.
Verily! In the creation of the heavens and the earth,
and in the alternation of night and day,
and the ships which sail through the sea with that which is of use to mankind,
and the water (rain) which Allah sends down from the sky and makes the earth alive therewith after its death,
and the moving (living) creatures of all kinds that He has scattered therein,
and in the veering of winds and clouds which are held between the sky and the earth,
are indeed Ayat (proofs, evidence, signs, etc.) for people of understanding. The Holy Quran 2:164
Quote:
Yes. He is wrong.
not to all the believers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2017, 08:08 PM
 
1,883 posts, read 1,651,326 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
New post.

Since unquestionable evidence has removed 'Trust in the Quran" even more convincingly than trust in the Bible,
you are 100% wrong

Quote:
I would ask any Muslim to give me one good, convincing, rationally sound reason to become a muslim.
When you believe that Allah is the only god and you believe that Mahammad is his messenger
by default you will be believing in Moses and Jesus and Noah and Ibrahim and all the other true prophets and messengers and in the Quran and sound hadith and any thing in them.


and that will make a Muslim and will give you a very high chance to pass the bridge of Hell without falling in it
and enter paradise

and if you could not pass the bridge and fall you still have a chance to be saved by the intercession of
The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him)

the sins of a Muslim is cleaned by asking Allah forgiveness and repent
but not the sins and crimes against others .
this is in general and in brief .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2017, 08:16 PM
 
39,044 posts, read 10,831,421 times
Reputation: 5083
The Christians proselytizers frequently suggest (when all their "evidences" fail, too) appealing to jesus to come into the heart. And (so we are asked to believe) that sometimes happens. That it happens with converts to Islam is neither surprising nor persuasive.

You see, old mate, any evidences of this kind is also the kind put forward by Christianity, and you say that their evidences don't persuade you of their claims and they say your evidences don't persuade them, why should we be persuaded by either?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-21-2017, 10:43 PM
 
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
5,663 posts, read 2,868,303 times
Reputation: 2881
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
there were evidence and signs in the verse he read after he was waiting for sign to happen.

The main objective of the video is to highlight that when you truly and honest ask your creator for guidance Allah will make your heart eyes see it.

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said
“Allah says:
‘I am as My slave thinks I am,
and I am with him when he remembers Me.
If he remembers me to himself, I remember him to Myself;
if he remembers Me in a gathering, I remember him in a gathering better than it;
if he draws near to Me a handspan, I draw near to him an arm’s length;
if he draws near to me an arm’s length, I draw near to him a fathom’s length;
if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.”
Narrated by al-Bukhaari (7405) and Muslim (2675).
in the video the man was reading the Holy Quran then he stopped and started talking to Allah to show him a sign and I do not agree with the style and may be it was okay for him at that time ,
then and he continued to read the Quran and immediately he read this verse and his heart got opened for it and accepted as a sign for his truth quest.
Verily! In the creation of the heavens and the earth,
and in the alternation of night and day,
and the ships which sail through the sea with that which is of use to mankind,
and the water (rain) which Allah sends down from the sky and makes the earth alive therewith after its death,
and the moving (living) creatures of all kinds that He has scattered therein,
and in the veering of winds and clouds which are held between the sky and the earth,
are indeed Ayat (proofs, evidence, signs, etc.) for people of understanding. The Holy Quran 2:164
not to all the believers.
truth_teller. You are reading from a book. Would you like me to read you something from Harry Potter?

Here you go;

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” ...
“It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” ...
“To the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.” ...
“The truth."



I'm asking for evidence. Real evidence. Like the kind of evidence that gravity exists. Or that the earth is spherical. Fossils are evidence of ancient creatures that existed. That's evidence cast in stone.

That's the kind of evidence for the existence of Allah that we require.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2017, 01:02 PM
 
1,883 posts, read 1,651,326 times
Reputation: 115
judaism , christianity and Islam
they are all from Allah
the idea is not to follow one of them but to follow Allah
at the time of Moses he was the one that supposed to be followed and at the time of Jesus the jews were supposed to follow jesus
and at the time of Mahammad the jewes and christians and every one else are supposed to follow Mahammad
and that is the command of the god of judaism , christianity and Islam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-22-2017, 08:00 PM
 
1,883 posts, read 1,651,326 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I'm asking for evidence. Real evidence. Like the kind of evidence that gravity exists. Or that the earth is spherical. Fossils are evidence of ancient creatures that existed. That's evidence cast in stone.
.
there is indirect reference to the Fossils in the Holy Quran and that is another evidence




"They say:
"What! when we are reduced to bones and dust, should we really be raised up (to be) a new creation?"
Say: "(Nay!) be ye STONES or IRON, "Or created matter which, in your minds, is hardest (to be raised up),
- (Yet shall ye be raised up)!"
then will they say: "Who will cause us to return?"
Say: "He who created you first!"
Then will they wag their heads towards thee,
and say, "When will that be?"
Say, "May be it will be quite soon! (The Holy Quran, 17:49-51)"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-23-2017, 01:10 PM
 
39,044 posts, read 10,831,421 times
Reputation: 5083
That's a bit of a reach. It's not going to save a lost cause.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2017, 06:20 PM
 
1,883 posts, read 1,651,326 times
Reputation: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
The Christians proselytizers frequently suggest (when all their "evidences" fail, too) appealing to jesus to come into the heart. And (so we are asked to believe) that sometimes happens. That it happens with converts to Islam is neither surprising nor persuasive.
Is Allah near or far?
Similar question was asked more than 1400 years ago to the prophet Muhammad peace be upon him by his people
The prophet does not answer from him self but he wait the answer from Allah
Before I tell the answer from Allah I would like to tell you that his people also asked him about many things

They asked him about the new moons and the answer came from Allah
They ask thee, (O Muhammad), of new moons, say: They are fixed seasons for mankind and for the pilgrimage. The Holy Quran Chapter #2, Verse #189
They asked him about the mountains and the answer came from Allah
And they ask you about the mountains. Say: My Lord will carry them away from the roots. The Holy Quran Chapter #20, Verse #105
They asked him about the soul and the answer came from Allah
And they ask you about the soul. Say: The soul is one of the commands of my Lord, and you are not given aught of knowledge but a little. The Holy Quran Chapter #17, Verse #85
They asked him about the menstruation and the answer came from Allah
And they ask you about menstruation. Say: It is a discomfort; therefore keep aloof from the women during the menstrual discharge and do not go near them until they have become clean; then when they have cleansed themselves, go in to them as Allah has commanded you; surely Allah loves those who turn much (to Him), and He loves those who purify themselves. The Holy Quran Chapter #2, Verse #222
And when they asked him about Allah is he near or far and the answer came from Allah
And when My servants ask you concerning Me, then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me, so they should answer My call and believe in Me that they may walk in the right way. The Holy Quran Chapter #2, Verse #186
Please notice that Allah changed the style of the verse
Allah did not say as the previous verses And they ask you about
No but he said
And when My servants ask you concerning Me
It shows how much Allah loves his servants and care about them and want to help them
Also notice that Allah did not say the word say but he immediately said
then surely I am very near; I answer the prayer of the suppliant when he calls on Me,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top