U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-08-2018, 05:13 PM
 
31,556 posts, read 7,264,974 times
Reputation: 4471

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
when I said the fire of Hell I was justifying the Black color.
How? Fire isn't black. "Now, it is black and dark." It ius a faith -claim, and is not evidence of anything. if you relate it to known human fires burning out and becoming dark, it doesn't make much sense, in terms of hell and thus is not evidence for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-09-2018, 01:07 AM
 
1,835 posts, read 1,408,266 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
When I right click on the black spectral analysis box, it says it is an image.

there are many sites about color of temperature here is one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2018, 01:08 AM
 
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
5,028 posts, read 2,268,666 times
Reputation: 2484
No black there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2018, 01:58 AM
 
1,835 posts, read 1,408,266 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
No black there.
if current scientists do not know that the color of the temperature could be reach to Black ,
they are not blamed because the knowledge they know is little
And they ask you about the soul. Say:
The soul is one of the commands of my Lord,
and you are not given aught of knowledge but a little. The Holy Quran 17:85
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2018, 02:03 AM
 
31,556 posts, read 7,264,974 times
Reputation: 4471
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
if current scientists do not know that the color of the temperature could be reach to Black ,
they are not blamed because the knowledge they know is little
And they ask you about the soul. Say:
The soul is one of the commands of my Lord,
and you are not given aught of knowledge but a little. The Holy Quran 17:85
Now you are appealing to unknowns as evidence. It is not. What you cn show to be so is evidence. Unknowns are simply unknowns, and fining a reference to what humans don't know in the Quran doesn't make it anything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
there are many sites about color of temperature here is one https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_temperature
That was a graph showing how blue (not black) while culturally seen as a Cool Colour is actually hottest. (that may be the case with star lifes). Blue is of course light -giving, more even than red, and black is not, so far as I know.

But let's bite the bullet here, TT in his rummaging about for anything that even Looks like evidence, may stumble across some scientific site where the hottest temperature known to science actually gives no light at all (Black, effectively).

Does that prove Science in the Quran? Not at all. For one thing, it is too much like the "Pulsar' evidence, where something in science looks vaguely like some scriptural passage and is claimed as 'only a god could know that'. But in fact that was shown false as the Pulsar does not make a 'knocking' until you put the 'Signal' through a radio telecope speaker.

This red -yellow -white-black (no mention of blue) sequence is no news to a bunch of traders 9or worse) watching a camel -dung campfire flaring to yellow in a gist of wind and then going cold and dark.

True that is but odd when applied to Hell which is supposed to be an eternal fire of cozy red, just to be painful without destroying your mind. But that's a problem for Islamic scholars, not us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2018, 04:24 PM
 
1,835 posts, read 1,408,266 times
Reputation: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Now you are appealing to unknowns as evidence. It is not. What you cn show to be so is evidence. .. .
fare enough
Quote:
But let's bite the bullet here, TT in his rummaging about for anything that even Looks like evidence, .
they are all evidence for me
and may be most them are also evidence for many others who are reading these posts and they do not deny or accept.
and you are not the final arbitrator .

Quote:
... But in fact that was shown false as the Pulsar does not make a 'knocking' until you put the 'Signal' through a radio telecope speaker.
yes we can not hear the knocking until we put the 'Signal' through a radio telecope speaker because our ears do not have the ability to hear such frequency but that does not mean that there is no knocking, similar to the ability of our eyes can not see existing things without telescope , look at a blank white paper can you see each cell, can you see the DNA , can you see the atoms let alone the electrons and their movements.

Quote:
....but odd when applied to Hell which is supposed to be an eternal fire of cozy red, just to be painful without destroying your mind. But that's a problem for Islamic scholars, not us.
Lo! Those who disbelieve Our revelations,
We shall expose them to the Fire.
As often as their skins are consumed We shall exchange them for fresh skins that they may taste the torment.
Lo! Allah is ever Mighty, Wise. The Holy Quran 4:56.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2018, 05:16 PM
 
31,556 posts, read 7,264,974 times
Reputation: 4471
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
fare enough

they are all evidence for me
and may be most them are also evidence for many others who are reading these posts and they do not deny or accept.
and you are not the final arbitrator .



yes we can not hear the knocking until we put the 'Signal' through a radio telecope speaker because our ears do not have the ability to hear such frequency but that does not mean that there is no knocking, similar to the ability of our eyes can not see existing things without telescope , look at a blank white paper can you see each cell, can you see the DNA , can you see the atoms let alone the electrons and their movements.
Lo! Those who disbelieve Our revelations,
We shall expose them to the Fire.
As often as their skins are consumed We shall exchange them for fresh skins that they may taste the torment.
Lo! Allah is ever Mighty, Wise. The Holy Quran 4:56.
But that is just appeal to faith and Unknowns. Never mind that it really isn't very convincing evidence of advances scientific knowledge in the Quran, just have Faith that it is. And never mind that there is not the slightest evidence that Pulsars make a knocking sound in nature, or that there seems to be no mechanism whereby they could, Just have faith that it does because you beliee the Quran says so, though in fact it doesn't look to me to be saying anything of the kind.

This is why I really, really have a problem with faith -based thinking of any kind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2018, 06:09 AM
 
1,835 posts, read 1,408,266 times
Reputation: 104
another evidence

The average amount of sperm is between 40 million and 600 million.
and only one of them is enough and required to cause pregnancy.
and pre-ejaculate can cause pregnancy because it can contain sperm.

The Messenger of Allah Mahammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)
was asked about withdrawal to avoid pregnancy whereupon he said:
The child does not come from all the liquid (semen)
and when allah intends to create anything nothing can prevent it (from coming into existence).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-03-2018, 04:54 PM
 
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
5,028 posts, read 2,268,666 times
Reputation: 2484
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
another evidence

The average amount of sperm is between 40 million and 600 million.
and only one of them is enough and required to cause pregnancy.
and pre-ejaculate can cause pregnancy because it can contain sperm.

The Messenger of Allah Mahammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)
was asked about withdrawal to avoid pregnancy whereupon he said:
The child does not come from all the liquid (semen)
and when allah intends to create anything nothing can prevent it (from coming into existence).

What exactly is the significance of people back then making the same observations we make today?

I've known about all that since a very young age. People are having sex all around us with astonishing frequency and women get pregnant all the time. People talk. It's not rocket science (or medical science if you prefer). It's a basic observation. Sex talk was taboo back then in my parts so no sex education, yet we knew it anyway.

Notice how there is no mention of sperm in the Quran? That's because the authors didn't know about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-05-2018, 03:34 PM
 
31,556 posts, read 7,264,974 times
Reputation: 4471
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
another evidence

The average amount of sperm is between 40 million and 600 million.
and only one of them is enough and required to cause pregnancy.
and pre-ejaculate can cause pregnancy because it can contain sperm.

The Messenger of Allah Mahammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)
was asked about withdrawal to avoid pregnancy whereupon he said:
The child does not come from all the liquid (semen)
and when allah intends to create anything nothing can prevent it (from coming into existence).

Your Quran quote refutes itself. If Allah could create a pregnancy despite attempts to prevent it, there would be apparent virgin births and one could argue that there would be no births where it was really, really not wanted. In fact we get no validated birth without the Act and plenty of really, really, inappropriate pregnancies - just what we would expect if there was no Allah at all. Just nature doing what it does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top