U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2017, 06:52 PM

25,856 posts, read 13,436,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
yeah, obey, that's not what its about.

its about being you, the best you, you can be.
It's all we can do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 07:43 PM

5,975 posts, read 2,295,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
Please read the part in brown color
He is the one who has set free the two kinds of water, one sweet and palatable, and the other salty and bitter. And He has made between them a barrier and a forbidding partition. The Holy Quran
Dawkins said get salt water and fresh water and mix them and he did not say barrier between them

please see the salt water in the right and fresh in the left and the barrier between them

Dawkins was silly

No it is you being silly. In the mixing zone fresh water mixes into the salt water until it balances. In that mixing zone image it is only a model as you will have pockets of 17% between a pocket of 12 or 23%. The tide takes salt water up the Thames River showing that it is indeed not a barrier. Tides, waves and winds influence the mixing zones. A mixing zone is the polar opposite of a barrier. Sorry but unless you use the trick of changing the meanings of words, something many Christians also do to prove their Bible inerrant, your example fails to prove the Quran as accurate.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:29 PM

6,352 posts, read 2,127,207 times
Quote:
those who flew up they did not do that by their own ability
but by the ability of the one who designed you and made you and brought you to life .

because the Gospel is Distorted.
And BF claims you are the one distorted. So which is it? Horse or no horse or just a horse of a different color?

Old 08-21-2017, 09:18 PM

1,883 posts, read 1,653,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
No it is you being silly. In the mixing zone fresh water mixes into the salt water until it balances. In that mixing zone image it is only a model as you will have pockets of 17% between a pocket of 12 or 23%. The tide takes salt water up the Thames River showing that it is indeed not a barrier. Tides, waves and winds influence the mixing zones. A mixing zone is the polar opposite of a barrier. Sorry but unless you use the trick of changing the meanings of words, something many Christians also do to prove their Bible inerrant, your example fails to prove the Quran as accurate.
the barrier is “pycnocline zone with a marked density discontinuity separating the two layers.”
and the bottom line there is a barrier.

Old 08-21-2017, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
And BF claims you are the one distorted. So which is it? Horse or no horse or just a horse of a different color?
tell Bf to show the chain transmation for the Gospel
and ask him how many Gospel did Jesus bring ?
and ask him when it was decided that Jesus is the god and by who ?
and ask him what is the original language of Jesus Gospel and is there a copy for it now?
and ask him the gospel in English was it translated from the original language or from a language in between
and ask him were there gospels other than the current four and how many
and ask him was Mahammad mentioned is the Gospel of Barnabas
and why Pope Glacios in 492 CE forbade to read it and was confiscated from everywhere

Old 08-22-2017, 12:11 AM

another evidence is the internal waves in the deep sea
And (as for) those who disbelieve, their deeds are like the mirage in a desert, which the thirsty man deems to be water;
until when he comes to it he finds it to be naught, and there he finds Allah,
so He pays back to him his reckoning in full; and Allah is quick in reckoning;
Or like utter darkness in the deep sea: there covers it a wave above which is another wave, above which is a cloud, (layers of) utter darkness one above another;
when he holds out his hand, he is almost unable to see it;
and to whomsoever Allah does not give light, he has no light.
The Holy Quran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVRGjnrabCM

Old 08-22-2017, 01:08 AM

5,846 posts, read 3,358,289 times
Quote:
these two professionals books have many proofs.
could you declare your opinions about them ?

https://archive.org/details/TheAmazingQuran.pdf

Islam Guide: A Brief Illustrated Guide to Understanding Islam, Muslims, & the Quran
As I said before, I find it ridiculous to think that if God was going to reveal himself, he'd do so by giving us answers to trivia questions. It's the same mentality as those who think God would reveal himself by putting a picture of his son on a piece of toast.

None of those things proves the existence of God and/or Allah.

At best, the only thing it proves is that the ancients knew more than we modern historians thought they did. After all, people in those days didn't write too many science textbooks to lay out their knowledge -- and quite often what little of history and science was written about by the ancients was destroyed by, yeah, religious wars.

Therefore, it isn't that big of a stretch to assume that people in the Bronze Age knew more than we modern historians ever gave them credit for.

That explanation is far and away more likely than an omnipotent, magical, supernatural god-being handing humanity little bitty tid-bits of useless scientific knowledge to put in their holy books.

The one quote, for instance, talking about particles smaller than an atom doesn't prove that the author of the Qu'ran actually *knew* that there were particles smaller than an atom. This is even more likely than my first explanation.

Chances are very good indeed that the author had no idea whether or not there existed anything smaller than an atom -- what is written there is merely the expression of a possibility. It is a supposition at best, a lucky guess at worst, but there is no indication of actual knowledge present in that quotation. Even the way it is worded bears this out. The Qu'ran says "... atoms and anything smaller." By using the word "anything," the author is only leaving room for the *possibility* of something smaller. If the author was certain of particles smaller than an atom, he would have written: "... atoms and everything smaller."

Now, if the Qu'ran mentioned in detail something that was utterly impossible to know during the Bronze Age, like the workings of a nuclear power plant, I would be impressed.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:15 AM

5,846 posts, read 3,358,289 times
Quote:
just ask your self
did you come to this life randomly or planned.?
My life is completely arbitrary.

There's nothing about my existence that even hints that I was "meant" to be here, that I have a destiny of any kind, or that I'm fulfilling some kind of cosmic or divine plan.

In fact, my life is pretty meaningless and pointless, to be quite honest. If my life was planned by Allah or anyone else, I'm going to be pretty well furious with whatever entity who did this to me.

Old 08-22-2017, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Now, if the Qu'ran mentioned in detail something that was utterly impossible to know during the Bronze Age, like the workings of a nuclear power plant, I would be impressed.
The Holy Quran and the Hadith are not detail scientific books , the Quran is the final Holy Book From Allah to all mankind
and it is considered the constitution and the Laws that must be comply by every one in this world .
it is more 1400 years old and it also contain stories and kind of history events and guidance
and hints and signs to scientific facts
these scientific facts are considered miracles because it could not be told by any human being at that time 1400 years ago,
also they are considered proofs against non believers who do not believe in the creator or those who do not follow Islam.
The Hadith is the saying of the prophet Mahammad and it contains more details about the religion
and in some there are scientific information were not know until the recent time.

the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) entered upon ‘Ubaadah ibn al-Saamit when he was sick and said,
“Do you know who is a shaheed (martyr) in my ummah?”
The people remained silent, then ‘Ubaadah said, “Help me to sit up.” They helped him to sit up, then he said, “O Messenger of Allah, (is it) the patient one who seeks reward from Allah for his patience?”
The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said,
“Then the martyrs among my ummah would be very few.
Being killed for the sake of Allah is martyrdom,
the plague is martyrdom,
drowning is martyrdom,
stomach disease is martyrdom,
and if a woman dies during the post-partum period, her child will drag her to Paradise by his umbilical cord.”
The umbilical cord is that which is cut by the midwife when the child is born

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said
Who do you regard as martyrs?”
They said: The one who is killed for the sake of Allah.
The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:
“Martyrs are seven besides the one who is killed for the sake of Allah.
The one who dies of the plague is a martyr,
the one who drowns is a martyr,
the one who dies of pleurisy is a martyr,
the one who dies of a stomach disease is a martyr,
the one who is burned to death is a martyr,
the one who dies beneath a falling wall is a martyr,
and the woman who dies in pregnancy is a martyr.”

Old 08-22-2017, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
My life is completely arbitrary.

There's nothing about my existence that even hints that I was "meant" to be here, that I have a destiny of any kind, or that I'm fulfilling some kind of cosmic or divine plan.

In fact, my life is pretty meaningless and pointless, to be quite honest. If my life was planned by Allah or anyone else, I'm going to be pretty well furious with whatever entity who did this to me.
read the manual of your life
read the user guide
read the Quran.
and this link talks about The believer’s attitude towards calamities https://islamqa.info/en/71236

Last edited by truth_teller; 08-22-2017 at 02:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or