Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 12:27 PM

50,079 posts, read 20,474,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
if it was not proven yet that does not mean it is not true.
The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said,
"If a fly falls down to your vessel,
drown all of it then remove it,
for one of its wings has the ailment
and the other has the cure," The new buzz on antibiotics (ABC News in Science)
here are the verses that have the evidences
He has set free the two seas meeting together. There is a barrier between them. They do not transgress. The Holy Quran

He is the one who has set free the two kinds of water, one sweet and palatable, and the other salty and bitter. And He has made between them a barrier and a forbidding partition. The Holy Quran

Is not He (better than your gods) Who has made the earth as a fixed abode, and has placed rivers in its midst, and has placed firm mountains therein, and has set a barrier between the two seas (of salt and sweet water)? Is there any ilah (god) with Allah? Nay, but most of them know not! The Holy Quran

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0md_jrKxpM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZYVjaQE00s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWRqfWo4hZ8

do you mean this tube ok but see until the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2IEvykdCpQ

If it hasn't been proven then it should be. Quinine was discovered long ago, and no Holy Book even mentioned it. The various cures in the holy books don't work. Where is the hopital that uses the Fly's wing cure?

There is something odd about those quotes. The Atlantic and pacific are both salt. So even if there is a non mingling barrier (which I find hard to believe) it is nothing to do with salt water and fresh water not mixing - which they do.

Someone in those videos is trying to fool you. It is the 'Halocline' and similar argument that are being selective, as they accuse Dawkins of being. Yes, where a fresh water source enters salt water, it will persist for some time, because of course only the outer part of the fresh water is mixing, but as it goes on, it will mix and reduce until it gets swallowed up by the much more prevalent salt.

Dawkins tells the truth. The video deceives.

P.s The 'barrier' is actually up in Alaska where glacier -water meets the pacific. The correct thing to do is - knowing that salt and fresh do mix - it to find out why there is a dividing line and whether there is mixing going on. On one site, Cape Horn was mentioned. I am pretty sure when it's the storm season nobody is going to stop those waters mixing.

I don't blame the Quran - the men who wrote it didn't know any better.

But the Islamic apologists do - or should -no better. They have no excuse for deception and lies. It is a social crime - like Christian Fundamentalism.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-18-2017 at 01:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 12:36 PM
Status: "My worldview is based on the inerrant word of God." (set 24 days ago)

18,708 posts, read 6,807,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Maybe is was symbolic?
More likely flat out wrong. There is a lot of stuff in the Quran that is wrong. The writer of the Quran had no clue what Christianity taught, but did say some very wrong things about it.

Old 08-18-2017, 12:36 PM

Why should we do your work for you? If you have an argument, put it. Did you even look at the site showing all the scientific fallacies in the Quran? If you didn't you don't attempt to answer them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Maybe is was symbolic?
Or science doesn't know everything.

Old 08-19-2017, 04:05 AM

2,690 posts, read 2,607,739 times
another unquestionable evidence is the returning of the lightening
the lightening when hit the ground it return to the cloud in the twinkling of an eye?
and that was captured recently when the high speed cameras developed
The science recently knew it and captured it but it was mentioned 1400 years ago by the final Messenger of Allah
How did Mahammad know that
The creator Allah told him

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said
"Allah will assemble mankind, and the believers will stand till Jannah will be brought near them.
They will then go to Adam (PBUH) and say, `O our father, ask (Allah (SWT), that Jannah may be opened for us, but he will reply:
`There was nothing that put you out of Jannah except your father's sin. I am not the one to do that, go to my son Ibrahim (Abraham), the beloved man of Allah.'
Then Ibrahim (PBUH) when approached, will say: `I am not the one to do that, for I was only a friend; and that is not a lofty status but ask Musa (Moses) to whom Allah spoke.'
They will then go to Musa (PBUH) but he will say: `I am not the one to do that; go to `Isa (Jesus), Allah's Word and spirit.'
`Isa (PBUH) will say: `I am not the one to do that.'
So they will come to me; and I will stand and be given permission.
Amanah and ties of relationship will be sent forth and will stand on the sides of the Sirat (that is, the Bridge set over Hell-fire) right and left,
and the first of you will pass like lightning.''
I said (that is Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him)" :
I ransom you with my father and mother, what is like the movement of lightning?''
The Messenger of Allah replied, "Have you not seen how the lightning goes and returns in the twinkling of an eye?
Next (group will pass) like the passing of the breeze,
next like the passing of a bird,
and the next with the speed of a running man,
according to the quality of their deeds.
(During all this time) your Prophet (PBUH) will remain standing on the Bridge saying:
`O my Lord , keep (them) safe, keep (them) safe,' till men's deeds are so weak that a man comes who will be able only to crawl.
On both sides of the Bridge pronged flesh hooks, placed under command will be hung and will seize those about whom they receive command, some people being lacerated and escaping and others being thrown violently into Hell.''
Abu Hurairah added: By Him in Whose Hand Abu Hurairah's soul is, the pit of Jahannam (Hell) is seventy years in depth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDDfkKEa2ls

Old 08-19-2017, 05:08 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,041,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
360 joints sounds good -that's nearly one a day ..... speaking of which, it's about that time.
ROLLED and LIT!

Old 08-19-2017, 07:13 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,663,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth_teller View Post
another unquestionable evidence is the returning of the lightening
the lightening when hit the ground it return to the cloud in the twinkling of an eye?
and that was captured recently when the high speed cameras developed
The science recently knew it and captured it but it was mentioned 1400 years ago by the final Messenger of Allah
How did Mahammad know that
The creator Allah told him

The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said
"Allah will assemble mankind, and the believers will stand till Jannah will be brought near them.
They will then go to Adam (PBUH) and say, `O our father, ask (Allah (SWT), that Jannah may be opened for us, but he will reply:
`There was nothing that put you out of Jannah except your father's sin. I am not the one to do that, go to my son Ibrahim (Abraham), the beloved man of Allah.'
Then Ibrahim (PBUH) when approached, will say: `I am not the one to do that, for I was only a friend; and that is not a lofty status but ask Musa (Moses) to whom Allah spoke.'
They will then go to Musa (PBUH) but he will say: `I am not the one to do that; go to `Isa (Jesus), Allah's Word and spirit.'
`Isa (PBUH) will say: `I am not the one to do that.'
So they will come to me; and I will stand and be given permission.
Amanah and ties of relationship will be sent forth and will stand on the sides of the Sirat (that is, the Bridge set over Hell-fire) right and left,
and the first of you will pass like lightning.''
I said (that is Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him)" :
I ransom you with my father and mother, what is like the movement of lightning?''
The Messenger of Allah replied, "Have you not seen how the lightning goes and returns in the twinkling of an eye?
Next (group will pass) like the passing of the breeze,
next like the passing of a bird,
and the next with the speed of a running man,
according to the quality of their deeds.
(During all this time) your Prophet (PBUH) will remain standing on the Bridge saying:
`O my Lord , keep (them) safe, keep (them) safe,' till men's deeds are so weak that a man comes who will be able only to crawl.
On both sides of the Bridge pronged flesh hooks, placed under command will be hung and will seize those about whom they receive command, some people being lacerated and escaping and others being thrown violently into Hell.''
Abu Hurairah added: By Him in Whose Hand Abu Hurairah's soul is, the pit of Jahannam (Hell) is seventy years in depth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDDfkKEa2ls

The more you post, the more you display the ignorance of the Quran and Hadith. Lightening starts from one source, either the clouds, the ground, or an object on the ground and enters the receiving object. It then turns into heat energy into the air. It doesn't return anywhere. The electrons move in one direction.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
More likely flat out wrong. There is a lot of stuff in the Quran that is wrong. The writer of the Quran had no clue what Christianity taught, but did say some very wrong things about it.
He is of course being ironic, old mate. The Bible is failing more and more as a reliable record and 'metaphor' has been the excuse.

I don't ever see that being tried with regard to the Quran, but one should never underestimate the deceitful craftiness of the religious apologist.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:29 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,814,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
He is of course being ironic, old mate. The Bible is failing more and more as a reliable record and 'metaphor' has been the excuse.

I don't ever see that being tried with regard to the Quran, but one should never underestimate the deceitful craftiness of the religious apologist.
OR the perdsistence in the face of proof of his error.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
The more you post, the more you display the ignorance of the Quran and Hadith. Lightening starts from one source, either the clouds, the ground, or an object on the ground and enters the receiving object. It then turns into heat energy into the air. It doesn't return anywhere. The electrons move in one direction.
Thank you. That's what I thought. If there was some phenomenon of a reciprocal electrical discharge, it would be a surprise, but something to be investigated. That would be (like the good estimate aof the number of bones - got the joints wrong, though) quite a good argument. But it seems not.

Yes. A surprising phenomenon, but not striking and returning in an instant. It is a separate discharge from a charge source in the ground going up, just as the charge in the clouds go down, though cloud charge is much more likely to be produced. Thus the Quran quote finds something that sounds like it, (as in the knocking star= pulsars) but oin examination, isn't the same thing at all ( a pulsar doesn't 'knock' the radio signal just happens to be built to give a signal that sound vaguely like repeated knocking) and pretends that it is science in the Quran (1).

These are of course Proofs that are really not proofs, rather than claims that are wrong, like salt water and fresh not mixing. Dawkins was quite right to pick that as a flat Quranic fallacy and debunk. Even the Fly's wing cure is from the hadiths, not the Quran, thought it's a dilly.

(1) I might mention in passing the faves of Science in the Bible. The Mountains under the sea are true, but the Bible quote doesn't really predict them. The circle of the earth is a flat circle not a globe (the hebrew shows that) and the paths of the sea were not only sea currents known from antiquity, but Maury used that knowledge to chart his sea -lanes.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 08-19-2017 at 08:43 AM..

Old 08-19-2017, 12:47 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,814,181 times
I could be wrong, but I believe that it has been determined that there are several current flow reversals as a balance in charge is sought through the temporary connection of lightening. Sorry I can't direct your research on the matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality