Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 04:21 PM

678 posts, read 428,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
No. My afterlife beliefs are based on what God has said. His words are recorded in a collection of 66 books called "The Bible".
Billions of others follow the same Bible and have much different beliefs. If all of yours are 100% correct, are you claiming to be God or a bigot?

I'm trying not to offend, but not sure what other word I could use. Plus I have a feeling you have thick skin. Plus the fact that it seems like you feel anyone who questions your beliefs will burn in hell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 05:43 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,317,473 times
The best afterlife would be one where there is a heaven divided in two parts, the one part is for all the good people go and be with their family and departed pets and the other part is divided where all those who declared that theirs was the only way to go to heaven and you had to be like them to go there can stand and watch but never take part in the rest of heaven. For ever they just watch and think about their self righteousness.

Old 08-31-2017, 06:06 PM

15,838 posts, read 6,302,186 times
I'll cross that bridge when I get there. I grew up believing that death was a state of non existence. From a very young age I had to accept that was what was going to happen to me...soon, like before I reached double digits. Having to accept it so young may be why I don't have a fear of it and I look at anytime above ground as a bonus. That belief carried over into adult life for me. I never wondered about it.

Old 08-31-2017, 06:44 PM

691 posts, read 419,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Personally, I would not wish for problem free. I would wish for continual opportunities for growth and learning.
Sorry about the confusion i had edited my post after you read it and before i saw this. I believe or dream about there being jobs or work or purpose for lives in the hereafter

Old 08-31-2017, 08:55 PM

19,949 posts, read 13,439,193 times
My beliefs about afterlives reflect my observations of experienced reality, the preponderance of evidence, and the utter lack of substantiation.

Old 08-31-2017, 10:12 PM

18,999 posts, read 27,543,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo10 View Post
Billions of others follow the same Bible and have much different beliefs.

The Truth is in no way determined by how many believe into it.

Also, to answer your Q, OP, - NO. What you posit as Q is fundamentally wrong to start with, so how can it determine anything? All that nonsense about hell and such... Scary tales for small minds...

Old 08-31-2017, 10:14 PM

18,999 posts, read 27,543,245 times
Also, ahem,, which one exactly?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...e_translations

Not counting other languages versions.

ver·sion
ˈvərZHən/
noun
noun: version; plural noun: versions
a particular form of something differing in certain respects from an earlier form or other forms of the same type of thing.

Old 09-01-2017, 07:27 AM

18,976 posts, read 6,995,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo10 View Post
Billions of others follow the same Bible and have much different beliefs. If all of yours are 100% correct, are you claiming to be God or a bigot?

I'm trying not to offend, but not sure what other word I could use. Plus I have a feeling you have thick skin. Plus the fact that it seems like you feel anyone who questions your beliefs will burn in hell
I belong to one of about 25 churches in my town of 1000. There are lots of other good churches in town besides mine, and I have no problem hanging around with Christians from a number of them. There are others that are not as good.

Christians will disagree on some issues. It's ok. Some things are not explicitly spelled out in Scripture. Others are. The ones that are, we have to agree on, or one of us is wrong.

Old 09-01-2017, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
The Truth is in no way determined by how many believe into it.

Also, to answer your Q, OP, - NO. What you posit as Q is fundamentally wrong to start with, so how can it determine anything? All that nonsense about hell and such... Scary tales for small minds...
Ok thanks. What would say is the Truth?

Old 09-01-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I belong to one of about 25 churches in my town of 1000. There are lots of other good churches in town besides mine, and I have no problem hanging around with Christians from a number of them. There are others that are not as good.

Christians will disagree on some issues. It's ok. Some things are not explicitly spelled out in Scripture. Others are. The ones that are, we have to agree on, or one of us is wrong.
And when there is disagreement, do you always feel right because of your interpretation? I'm not attacking, just wondering.

I love Christians and the majority of people in my life are Christians. But your beliefs seem quite different from all the Christians I spend time with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality