Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2008, 10:55 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperStar34 View Post
Let me rephrase. The WORLD LOVES (sarcasm) to find evidence supporting the Bible.

The fact is, the world hates Jesus. They hate Him because of the regulations that He endorses.
Last time I checked, Christianity was the largest religion. Nobody is out to get your or your religion. That is common fundamentalist paranoia that comes about from the fact that a lot of people don't want you shoving your beliefs down their throats. You've got the numbers on your side. Stop being a conspiracy theorist and think logically.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 11:20 PM

2,245 posts, read 7,189,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Last time I checked, Christianity was the largest religion. Nobody is out to get your or your religion. That is common fundamentalist paranoia that comes about from the fact that a lot of people don't want you shoving your beliefs down their throats. You've got the numbers on your side. Stop being a conspiracy theorist and think logically.
Apparently there are a few people out there that don't like Christianity:

GCSTroop:

"Because I think religion is a scourge of man. I'm not trying to disprove God, I'm just trying to use ration and logic so that people of faith (particularly Christians-but that's a factor of living in a mostly Christian country) don't think I'm just some moralless dog worthy of a burning at the stake. I've had a fair share of accusations in my life over why I'm going to be rotting in hell, tortured for eternity, etc.. etc.. based on my belief, so I think it's a wonderful thing when something that promotes an invocation of fear can be broken up!"

P.S. Not everyone who calls themselves Christians support Christian principles and ideas.

P.P.S. Most Christians believe our religion teaches us to incorporate our faith into everything we do; this includes public policy...I think most non-Christians and secularists would rather not have Christianity incorporated into law--this can easily be counted as being opposed to Christianity.

Last edited by ainulinale; 03-28-2008 at 11:32 PM..

Old 03-29-2008, 10:52 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
Apparently there are a few people out there that don't like Christianity:

GCSTroop:

"Because I think religion is a scourge of man. I'm not trying to disprove God, I'm just trying to use ration and logic so that people of faith (particularly Christians-but that's a factor of living in a mostly Christian country) don't think I'm just some moralless dog worthy of a burning at the stake. I've had a fair share of accusations in my life over why I'm going to be rotting in hell, tortured for eternity, etc.. etc.. based on my belief, so I think it's a wonderful thing when something that promotes an invocation of fear can be broken up!"

P.S. Not everyone who calls themselves Christians support Christian principles and ideas.

P.P.S. Most Christians believe our religion teaches us to incorporate our faith into everything we do; this includes public policy...I think most non-Christians and secularists would rather not have Christianity incorporated into law--this can easily be counted as being opposed to Christianity.
I'm not opposed to Christianity. I'm opposed to using ANY religion to make laws.

And my original statement stands. Christians have the numbers, so this whole "the world hates God" thing is nothing more than a laughable conspiracy theory brought about by paranoia among fundamentalists because some people don't agree with them. They have persecuted and killed people who aren't Christians for centuries. They are the last ones who should fear anything.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:22 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,381,943 times
I don't like Christianity.
That doesn't mean I dislike all Christians.
Hate the game, not the player.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
I don't like Christianity.
That doesn't mean I dislike all Christians.
Hate the game, not the player.
That's a good point, but I think being against Christianity is to be against Christ, and to be against Christ is to be against the Christian.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:04 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperStar34 View Post
Let me rephrase. The WORLD LOVES (sarcasm) to find evidence supporting the Bible.

The fact is, the world hates Jesus. They hate Him because of the regulations that He endorses.

Nonsense. The "world" doesn't hate Jesus. Those regulations are only for Christians.

The world does tend to despise pushy Christian evangelicals, though.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Nonsense. The "world" doesn't hate Jesus. Those regulations are only for Christians.

The world does tend to despise pushy Christian evangelicals, though.
I think the "world" in this sense refers to governmental authority, and there really aren't any Christian nations anymore (if there ever was a true Christian nation).

Old 03-29-2008, 02:57 PM

552 posts, read 1,073,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
That's a good point, but I think being against Christianity is to be against Christ, and to be against Christ is to be against the Christian.
"Christ" never existed in the way Christian mythology says he did, if he existed at all.

I have nothing against the Ancient Greeks though I do not believe in their Gods. Do you?

Old 03-29-2008, 04:50 PM

51 posts, read 91,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And I dream that I'm flying sometimes. Does that mean that I am, no, it's just a dream. Dreams paly out our wants and needs.

you bring up an excellent point. according to Islam, Muslims do not want or need Jesus, so it is truly fascinating that he would appear to them in their dreams and convert them.

Old 03-29-2008, 04:53 PM

51 posts, read 91,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Why dreams? Wouldn't it make more logical sense for Jesus to stroll up to your front door and knock on a Sunday afternoon to let you know he was concerned for your eternal safety?? Instead he reveals himself in dreams....

He already came to earth and told us that he cares for our eternal safety. Not to mention gave every piece of proof that he was indeed the Son of God. You have already had the chance to believe in Him, the people that he has revealed himself to in dreams are people that live in a country where you are not allowed to even think about another religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality