Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 10:33 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
They are not defined by anything but love. I know their nutrition, the best way to help them learn, and understand sexuality and able to answer questions about human sexuality.
Right. So apparently only YOU can actually have altruistic motives. OK. Gotcha.
Quote:
I doubt very much you have Christian friends, to be honest. Your Arts and Theology degree taught you nothing. Your years of self study has not produced your desired result. I am glad you had computers to fall back on. The religious life is not for you.
I don't have a Theology Degree. When did I suggest I did?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2017, 10:47 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,891,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post

So what? The LGBT lobby should be able to force THEIR views on others? The 1% should be able to dictate to the 99% what and how things are?
So the 99% should be able to dictate who's allowed to attend a public school?

Quote:
You're right. It IS ugly. This anti-religious bigotry needs to stop.
So does transphobia. I've seen -way- too many stories of bullied trans students taking their own lives.

Last edited by mensaguy; 09-12-2017 at 05:01 PM.. Reason: Fixed quote

Old 09-12-2017, 10:48 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:
Right. So apparently only YOU can actually have altruistic motives. OK. Gotcha.

I don't have a Theology Degree. When did I suggest I did?
Give it up. I know.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredNotBob View Post
So the 99% should be able to dictate who's allowed to attend a public school?
Who suggested that?
Quote:
You're right. It IS ugly. This anti-religious bigotry needs to stop.
[/quote]
We aren't the ones implying motive when it isn't stated.
Quote:
So does transphobia. I've seen -way- too many stories of bullied trans students taking their own lives.
Transphobia. Ok. New word for the week? It used to be homophobia...then islamophobia....now transphobia?

When will you guys admit your Christophobia? That's really at the crux of this issue. Again..the article doesn't refer to anyone suggesting that they want to impose their religious beliefs on anyone. That was the poorly written article that said that, and you guys running with it.

Old 09-12-2017, 11:33 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
No. I think you're unloving by your continued harping on us in which you actually tell us how we think and why.

I don't attack you. But I do correct the incorrect theology you speak in regards to the Bible. The difference is that I do not say how you THINK or WHY you think that. I don't tell you why you think that.

I agree. And this is yet another red herring to distract us. Please stop it.

Or maybe it's because, as a taxpayer, I believe I have a say in how the public school system teaches my kid.

So when are you going to?
Questioning your motives and having you look at what they appear to be is a normal part of dialogue in a forum like this. Claiming that it is "unloving" is just ducking the issue.

YOU vieew any "correction of your "incorrect theology" as a pesonal attack, YOUR problem.

I think the point made was quite cogent to the op. It's not me that is trying to distract from the point that the only difference between "Sharia" (which you brought up) and what these peo0ple are trying to do is a matter of degree.

You DO have a say, and as long as a majority of "you" don't violate another's rights. you generally get to have your way.

Last edited by nateswift; 09-12-2017 at 11:42 AM..

Old 09-12-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
When will you guys admit your Christophobia? That's really at the crux of this issue. Again..the article doesn't refer to anyone suggesting that they want to impose their religious beliefs on anyone. That was the poorly written article that said that, and you guys running with it.
What do you call a Christian family suing a school because they see a trans person in a dress? It has everything to do with forcing a religious viewpoint: as Christians, they don't want to be associated with a gay/trans person, so they're suing to enforce their religious beliefs.

I'll speak as plainly as I can, BF: that student has a right to personal expression, and a right to an education, neither of which are being respected by this lawsuit.

Old 09-12-2017, 11:43 AM

Quote:
What do you call a Christian family suing a school because they see a trans person in a dress? It has everything to do with forcing a religious viewpoint: as Christians, they don't want to be associated with a gay/trans person, so they're suing to enforce their religious beliefs.

I'll speak as plainly as I can, BF: that student has a right to personal expression, and a right to an education, neither of which are being respected by this lawsuit.
Do you realize that 70% of America identifies as "Christian"? That includes people that support transgender. SO...what do you do with that? Are you going to rip into them for that? Or are they simply supporting it despite their claimed religious affiliation?

Old 09-12-2017, 11:49 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
What do you call a Christian family suing a school because they see a trans person in a dress? It has everything to do with forcing a religious viewpoint: .....
Quote:
Do you realize that 70% of America identifies as "Christian"? That includes people that support transgender. SO...what do you do with that? Are you going to rip into them for that? Or are they simply supporting it despite their claimed religious affiliation?
The answer to the question is "Fundamentalist."

Old 09-12-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
I'm going to say 'yay' to those Christians that support transgender rights.

Old 09-12-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
I'm going to say 'yay' to those Christians that support transgender rights.
Do you believe they are living their Christian values by supporting them? Or are you only going to attack the ones that disagree with the policy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality