U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2010, 02:42 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,021,015 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
GET OVER IT....This country WAS, and STILL IS a Christian Nation! Just because Atheists don't like it...doesn't change that reality...and grasping at straws won't change that it was/is!

I'll not debate it further...it's like arguing with those that say evolution doesn't exist.

No, YOU get over it.. this country NEVER WAS and NEVER WILL BE a Christian nation, despite the efforts of you and your revisionist friends in the Christian theocratic agenda (the same ignorant agenda that argues against evolution BTW). I and others have destroyed the "Christian nation" B.S. MANY times over. There IS NO debate on the issue. Freedom and democracy simply cannot exist in a country founded on religion and without separation of religion and government.

That is a fact supported by history, and guarded not only by atheists in this land but by Deists (who founded this country as a secular Republic), educated Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Pagans and every other rational, intelligent citizen of this country. If you and your ilk don't like that fact - get your asses out and start your own! There are lovely ready-made theocracies in the Middle East.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2010, 03:29 PM

8,371 posts, read 4,792,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuixoticHobbit View Post
No, YOU get over it.. this country NEVER WAS and NEVER WILL BE a Christian nation, despite the efforts of you and your revisionist friends in the Christian theocratic agenda (the same ignorant agenda that argues against evolution BTW). I and others have destroyed the "Christian nation" B.S. MANY times over. There IS NO debate on the issue. Freedom and democracy simply cannot exist in a country founded on religion and without separation of religion and government.

That is a fact supported by history, and guarded not only by atheists in this land but by Deists (who founded this country as a secular Republic), educated Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Pagans and every other rational, intelligent citizen of this country. If you and your ilk don't like that fact - get your asses out and start your own! There are lovely ready-made theocracies in the Middle East.
I was wrong...and was fortunate enough to have a fellow member show me my error...as well as the truth. See posts #136 through #140. Pay special attention to the link in post #136. It is there you will gain true knowledge.

I also recommend reading some of the posts from ptsums' "sacred circle"...they are wonderful. I joined the circle last night...it is enriching and uplifting, giving comfort and wisdom...I wholly endorse it.

Old 07-27-2010, 08:50 PM

17,058 posts, read 20,305,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
We've been through this before Dude. As is known...the MAIN principle of Christianity is worship of God and Jesus, and using the Bible as guidance.
I'll give you the response I gave you AGAIN...it is PROOF POSITIVE:

So I'll let the guys that put this country together answer that challenge for me:::

John Adams and John Hancock:
We Recognize No Sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus!
Just to take this one.. There is plenty more, but I don't have time to research every quote.

“No king but Jesus” and the American Revolution « Fake History

Not only did John Adams and John Hancock not say it, nor Jonas Clark nor an anonymous minuteman, it is quite possible that nobody said it at all in connection with the American Revolution until John ******** threw it into a short speech at Bob Jones University.

Dorothy

Old 07-28-2010, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Just to take this one.. There is plenty more, but I don't have time to research every quote.

“No king but Jesus” and the American Revolution « Fake History

Not only did John Adams and John Hancock not say it, nor Jonas Clark nor an anonymous minuteman, it is quite possible that nobody said it at all in connection with the American Revolution until John ******** threw it into a short speech at Bob Jones University.

Dorothy
That is all inconsequential to me now.

Review the posts from 136 through 140...to understand why.

Old 07-28-2010, 02:35 AM

2,782 posts, read 3,946,484 times
If I remember correctly, weren't the dominate denominations arresting and prosecuting minority denomination of christianity for not being part of their sect?
Wasn't this one of the main reasons the "founding fathers" as some put it decided to create the republic of US based on secular laws, preventing any denomination of any religion from prosecuting minorities?

Old 07-28-2010, 10:20 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,367,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ainulinale View Post
Very simple: Jesus says to turn the other cheek; those who live by the sword will die by the sword; to spread the truth peacefully--this is the name of the Christian God. The early apostles and disciples spread the Gospel without violence and Christianity flourished despite both Jewish and later Roman persecution. Anyone who goes against Jesus' teachings by waging holy wars in His name are clearly not fighting in the name of the Christian God.
LOL...tell that to the more than 100,000 innocent young women who were tortured and burned at the stake because they were "witches." Some of it actually occurred in this country.

Tell that to the untold victims of the "Christian Inquisitions"

Tell that to a million Muslims who drew their last breath during the "Crusades."

Tell that to the 150,000 dead innocents who were referred to as "Collaterals" after George W. Bush said god told him to invade Iraq. Their country had never had a suicide bombing until after the invasion. When they began 2,000,000 fled their homes to Syria and Jordan.

Yeah...Christians never have been too adamant about their beliefs.

Old 07-28-2010, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
LOL...tell that to the more than 100,000 innocent young women who were tortured and burned at the stake because they were "witches." Some of it actually occurred in this country.

Tell that to the untold victims of the "Christian Inquisitions"

Tell that to a million Muslims who drew their last breath during the "Crusades."

Tell that to the 150,000 dead innocents who were referred to as "Collaterals" after George W. Bush said god told him to invade Iraq. Their country had never had a suicide bombing until after the invasion. When they began 2,000,000 fled their homes to Syria and Jordan.

Yeah...Christians never have been too adamant about their beliefs.
First, there were the Native Americans with their (IMHO, just about ideal) culture, belief, and traditions, that were the inhabitants of this land. And, in a perfected world, the ones that should still be the rightful leaders. But that's another issue.

Then there were the European so-called "Founding Fathers" that stole the land (mostly by force) from the Native People and put forth their con-job of a secular society...all the while they promoted, and inculcated, their version of Christianity better than a crew of modern TV Evangelists. An all out effort to make BibleGod and BibleRules the base concept, was the prime order of business. Which figures...since they left their homeland, mainly so they could have their theological way. They were soooooo slick, they even put some shills out front, with fake non-Christian diversion-talk (even putting some of that cover-talk in their initial documents), while they ran their ACTUAL game. Politicians still use this tried-and-true technique of feinting policy and purporting false intentions, to mitigate opposition...a concept which has it birth as a military/fighting tactic. The empirical evidence of this is as visible as the sun and moon, and their efforts were so successful it still has great power and influence to this day.

Now we see the beginning of the latest movement..."Belief in Non-Belief"...with the adherents of that concept calling for the arrest, prosecution, and imprisonment, of anyone teaching their offspring, or other children of the next generation, anything what-so-ever about a Creator, Great Spirit, Higher Power, God, Deity, etc. They want no mention of it anywhere, and even seek to have it labeled "abuse" to teach it to someone young enough to be influenced by an adult. The best part...the so-called "Founding Fathers" fake cover-speak and cover-laws are coming back to bite them in the butt...because the "Belief in Non-Belief" movement is using those laws to force THEIR platform. And, with the level of communication, transportation and interactive linking of people and ideas we have in the late 1900s, compared to the late 1700s...with television, the internet, and transportation devices that let us travel cross country in less than a day...things those so-called "Founding Fathers" never dreamed of...the game is starting to change. And even someone as skeptical as me about the potential for any real meaningful change has to now admit I see the signs of it. Whether it has any true growth potential, or whether it will be nipped in the bud, remains to be seen. Also, it remains an unknown as to whether it would be any better than the present dominant belief system in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality