Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 11:36 AM

4,466 posts, read 1,604,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Then don't go to the park. Plenty of other ppl are enjoying it. I wouldn't expect an atheist to admire anything that supports the Bible. Many have hardened their hearts so much against God that they would deny a mountain of evidence that shows God and the Bible are true.
I am sure shorman won't be going to the park. His point remains though, that it is seriously lame.

I won't be going to the Ark Park, mainly because I have better things to do with $100+ and a full day (If someone wants to pay my admission, I would go though. Why not?), but I will gladly go to other places that revolve around God, such as old churches/cathedrals, like St. Louis Cathedral in New Orleans. I can admire the architecture all day, even if I think the people inside are ignoring reality.
Attached Thumbnails
Ark Encounter Creates Hotel Boom-new-orleans-pic.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2017, 03:02 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,255,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I personally never hear of them attacking Islam or any other religion. It's interesting that they seem to only go after Christianity.
Think about it and hopefully the light will illuminate.

Christianity is the predominate religion in the US and Islam has never tried to interfere with the separation of Church and State by trying to push their oppressive agenda into our schools and politics as Christianity has done.

Did the light illuminate?

Old 10-03-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Still waiting on your proof that there is low volume. I posted an article from an official stating that there were at least 40 tour buses a day. And your proof to the contrary is?
Basic internet search.

Let me Google that for you

Click on the very first link. Bingo!

Old 10-03-2017, 03:35 PM

16,665 posts, read 15,658,096 times
Quote:
Still waiting on your proof that there is low volume. I posted an article from an official stating that there were at least 40 tour buses a day. And your proof to the contrary is?
Actually, the link said "up to 40 buses." It did not say "at least 40 buses."

Old 10-03-2017, 04:36 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,040,762 times
As I said in the previous thread, I went last year and it was packed. You could barely walk through the inside of it without brushing past someone else. It was well worth the money we spent and we plan to take my grandson back again, probably next summer. The enormity and craftsmanship of the thing, is staggering in itself. To each his own....Peace

Old 10-03-2017, 04:47 PM

2,264 posts, read 1,482,531 times
People who believe that any increased economic activity due to the absurd Ark idiocy comes anywhere close to offsetting the tens of millions of taxpayer money poured into that boondoggle are the some sorts of gullible persons who think that forking over hundreds of millions of dollars for a sports stadium results in net economic gains (because every single 'study' funded by a sports league says so!).

The old adage about a fool and his money is apropos.

Old 10-03-2017, 04:55 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,697,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
As I said in the previous thread, I went last year and it was packed. You could barely walk through the inside of it without brushing past someone else. It was well worth the money we spent and we plan to take my grandson back again, probably next summer. The enormity and craftsmanship of the thing, is staggering in itself. To each his own....Peace
I'm glad you thought it was worth the money. I have seen it in videos, and I am impressed by the lighting notably, the polished wood and chandeliers, but the hundreds of little cages, not with a tape loop of animal growling or nothing inside (I suppose they had at least the "Kind" labelled) looked frankly cheap and depressing. But I guess functional for 4,000 BC. But I was shocked at the amount of space wasted with long wooden ramps (1). And merely token nods at food stores.

And in the videos there were a few people walking about, but not 'packed' by any means. I guess it depends when you go.

Sorry if i drifted off topic, but I have said all I can usefully suggest on the subject.

Ps. I'm sorta charmed by "Barminology". As I was by the 'feasibility' argument for the Ark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWzPYCtHOvc

Or maybe this one is a bit easier to listen to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESlGc1G3PrU

(1) I suppose one could argue that the ramps were for the animals and now for visitors. In Noah's time, they would be used to block the worryingly open lattice -walls, and replaced with ladders as they stacked food and water cisterns (replenished by rain). Ken can have that one for free. The argument has always been that you couldn't get all the animals on (with cheating by inventing "Baramins" (2) which really make no sense other than a special construct to act as the start of all the new species. A miracle in effect. And once you do a miracle, you don't need the flood or Ark.

They'd need to be miraculous too as you couldn't expect to keep them all alive for what totals a year as I recall. The food, even if it lasted, would be uneatable after 3 months, and not a blade of grass when they finally came out. It really does not work.

(2) there are no fossils of the, so far. I expect Creationists could try to Identify them, but that's tricky is their evolutionary line is known and it isn't the one proposed. Creationists have enough evidence to argue away as it is.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 10-03-2017 at 05:13 PM..

Old 10-03-2017, 05:18 PM

10,086 posts, read 5,730,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Basic internet search.

Let me Google that for you

Click on the very first link. Bingo!
Pathetic. Even the link I found had to admit that ticket sales in 2016 missed the mark because ummm the park opened past the middle of the year and tourist season. Show me proof that sales are CURRENTLY bad or at least were bad through the busy summer tourist season.

Still waiting.

Old 10-03-2017, 05:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,172,280 times
“No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people...."

H. L. Mencken - 1926

Old 10-03-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Pathetic.
Yes it's very pathetic that there are no reliable figures on actual attendance at Ark Encounter.
Quote:
Still waiting.
Wait all you want...there will be no second coming of your man invented Christ.

As far as finding reliable figures on the actual attendance...good luck finding it.

The fact that you failed to understand not a single one of the news reports about the financial blunders this attraction has generated is your problem not mine. If you can't draw a logical conclusion from the multiple financial blunders that demonstrate that this attraction is not as successful as Ken boasted it would be, then that's on you, not me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality