Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 03:03 AM

9,688 posts, read 10,006,521 times

Advertisements

Walt Disney was cremated on Dec. 1966.......... Where James Bedford was the first to be frozen in science one month after Disney passed away ..... James Bedford died also and would never recover to life , problem is when science and God come into unity then God could release the dead man spirit back to be recovered other wise the man passed away in 1967
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2017, 04:40 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,013,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Urban legend has it, Walt Disney's body was promptly frozen upon death.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2231...-what-we-know/

As it turns out, it is probably just a myth that grew with time.
But what if it had been done?
It has in fact been done, like this British girl in 2016:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/220274...n-after-death/

If the body can be brought back to life decades later, just like organs for transplants are put on ice now, there is no reason a whole body can be frozen and thawed out again.
We are no longer talking about an NDE (near death experience), but a real death experience.
Can that person then tell us for sure that there is no fiery Hell, or no Heaven either.
The mind boggles.
I'm fairly sure that you have to be alive when your frozen in order to be revived and then cured...

Old 10-06-2017, 05:37 AM

19,956 posts, read 13,447,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I'm fairly sure that you have to be alive when your frozen in order to be revived and then cured...
True story. I once worked for a couple who owned a marketing business. They were California surfer dude / dudette types, and had lots of ... strange ideas. One, casually mentioned at an employee meeting, was that they did not want to grow old and so planned to have their heads cut off and frozen on their 50th birthdays. Just one of many jaw-dropping moments working for those fools.

That was many years ago and they are now over 50 and still alive so I guess they figured out that the company that does this stuff won't kill you, they only accept you AFTER you're dead in the forlorn hope that one day even a corpse could be re-animated.

If one could be put in some state of "suspended animation" or "stasis" where body functions are massively slowed down, yet you're still alive (and there's research ongoing about that, given our interest in longer space voyages) that might buy you time for a medical cure. But once you're dead, you're dead.

Old 10-06-2017, 02:56 PM

7,593 posts, read 6,079,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Walt Disney was cremated on Dec. 1966.......... Where James Bedford was the first to be frozen in science one month after Disney passed away ..... James Bedford died also and would never recover to life , problem is when science and God come into unity then God could release the dead man spirit back to be recovered other wise the man passed away in 1967
Actually, according to what I have heard, Uncle Walt's body IS frozen and housed in a secret location deep under the Odyssey building in Epcot, which is not used.

To wander into the building, as we did through a single unlocked door (all were locked) We found ourselves in a very non descript room with no other doors or windows. We gently pressed on a wall, it started to move ! Then an Alarm sounded we ran off and disappeared into the hoi polloi
According to some trusted insiders, the maze inside has a chamber that leads to a ladder. The ladder leads to an elevator, which is dispatched 50 feet down, where the body is kept in liquid freeze

NOW Please DO NOT Take anything I am saying here seriously

In regard to the OP, it would not disprove god but may disprove an afterlife. It may also show that god never existed in the first place.

I do know that there are certain religious groups out there who do not like the competition that Disney offers, but rest assured, dear brethren, that living in Florida, we have spent tens of thousands on Disney over the ears, and only a few hundred at the absolute most on churches. Amen.

Old 10-06-2017, 07:14 PM

3,796 posts, read 2,991,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Yeah, realistically you are correct.
If you look at tissues, or even sperm/ eggs frozen - they are alive before put into a deep freeze.
Even then, and I have done AI on sheep, there is only about a 40% return live rate on thawing.
The same with frozen embryos.
Walt Disney also died of lung cancer, presently an incurable disease, so even if the urban myth was true that he was cryogenically frozen, he could only be brought back to life for a brief period or if a cure for cancer was found.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:41 PM

22,137 posts, read 19,195,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
... Even if you believe in an eternal soul are not memories stored in our brains and not our soul? I don't understand the whole soul thing ....When did your soul or spirit come into existence in the first place? Was it before your conception, at conception, sometime in the third trimester, at birth, is it eternal, is it with beginning but without end? ...
your soul is eternal.
in both directions.

always has been. always will be.

Old 10-08-2017, 11:15 PM

15,840 posts, read 6,306,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
your soul is eternal.
in both directions.

That's the only way the whole concept of soul would make sense to me unless we go with the God created the soul. I'm more of a materialist so I believe consciousness( since I doubt a soul) cannot exist without the physical. If I were a believer I think I would wonder more about what God created the soul out of. If the body returns and is recycled why wouldn't whatever the soul was created out of do the same thing? Why should it stay the same if it also belongs to a realm were things can created or changed into something else?

Old 10-09-2017, 12:01 AM

22,137 posts, read 19,195,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
That's the only way the whole concept of soul would make sense to me unless we go with the God created the soul. I'm more of a materialist so I believe consciousness( since I doubt a soul) cannot exist without the physical. If I were a believer I think I would wonder more about what God created the soul out of. If the body returns and is recycled why wouldn't whatever the soul was created out of do the same thing? Why should it stay the same if it also belongs to a realm were things can created or changed into something else?
soul exists just fine without the physical.
the body is finite and temporary.
the soul is eternal.

the soul is a portion of God. Think of a sun sending sun beams. A beam of light goes through a prism and is refracted into brilliant colors, but trace the sunbeam back to the source where it came from that is the sun.

God sends down portions of itself into a human body. soul pops into a body, then pops out, comes and goes over and over as often as you choose to, to do whatever work you come here to do. Trace your soul back to its source, that is God. God is eternal, no beginning no end. just like your soul is eternal in both directions, no beginning no end.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 10-09-2017 at 12:10 AM..

Old 10-09-2017, 10:45 AM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
Urban legend has it, Walt Disney's body was promptly frozen upon death.

If the body can be brought back to life decades later, just like organs for transplants are put on ice now, there is no reason a whole body can be frozen and thawed out again.
We are no longer talking about an NDE (near death experience), but a real death experience.
Can that person then tell us for sure that there is no fiery Hell, or no Heaven either.
The mind boggles.
What's the purpose of bringing back a physical life on earth? None.

So there's no sense freezing our body. Upon our physical death, our spirit body with our soul encased therein moves to the next world. In that world, which is Heaven and Hell, we are as alive as we ever are on earth.

If Walt Disney is paying attention to what's going on here, which he's probably beyond that by now... I feel he would be somewhat disappointed.

Btw, there is no "fiery Hell"... if we should land in that disgusting place after we pass over, the only fire we feel is that of our conscience. It's as if we are burning alive... but, of course, we aren't. Hell is a temporary place and not eternal. Best thing to do, though, is not to wind up there in the first place.

Old 10-13-2017, 05:00 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,953,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
your soul is eternal.
in both directions.
I read in the Bible at Ezekiel 18:4,20 that the soul is mortal because the soul that sins dies. ( No death proof soul )
There would be No need for a resurrection for a living soul.
Even mortal Adam who was a living soul or person as per Genesis 2:7 became a dead soul or a dead person.
Mortal Adam simply ' returned ' to where he started, the dust of the earth as per Genesis 3:19.
A person can Not ' return ' to a place he never was before.
Adam simply went from non-life, to life, and returned back to non-life.
No post-mortem penalty for Adam just going back to non-existence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality