U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 08:55 AM

5,286 posts, read 1,328,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
See. You just did it again.

God hates sinners. We are all sinners. Therefore god hates all humans.
The good news is that we can be forgiven and brought into his unending love by trusting in Christ.

Your opinion of what God "should" be aside..you're not God. You don't get to decide that. He is. He created the universe, and HE gets to decide how things work. We are his creation, and we cannot tell HIM what to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2017, 08:56 AM

18,895 posts, read 8,873,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
The good news is that we can be forgiven and brought into his unending love by trusting in Christ.
Epic fail.

If we are forgiven we are no longer sinners. But you persist that we are all sinners.

If you are trying to advocate for your religion, you are failing. You would do better to just stop.

Old 10-25-2017, 08:57 AM

21,267 posts, read 20,872,370 times
Quote:
See. You just did it again.

God hates sinners. We are all sinners. Therefore god hates all humans.
Oops!

Old 10-25-2017, 09:00 AM

23,283 posts, read 12,061,902 times
Fundies follow their heart by worshiping a god who hates.

Hate resonates with them.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Epic fail.

If we are forgiven we are no longer sinners.
You're right. In God's eyes, we are considered righteous and blameless...if we have the righteousness of Christ.
Quote:

But you persist that we are all sinners.
We are human beings, so, as the apostle Paul said he did...we all struggle with sin. The good news is that in God's eyes we are not punished for those sins if we have Christ.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:03 AM

Quote:
You're right. In God's eyes, we are considered righteous and blameless...if we have the righteousness of Christ.

We are human beings, so, as the apostle Paul said he did...we all struggle with sin. The good news is that in God's eyes we are not punished for those sins if we have Christ.
I don't understand why you just don't stop sinning if it tends to upset your god.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I don't understand why you just don't stop sinning if it tends to upset your god.
For the same reason you don't.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:11 AM

18,895 posts, read 8,873,507 times
This is one thing I will never understand: Christians who witness for their religion, completely turn people off, and continue to witness, thus self-defeating their own initiative. And no matter how much others tell them to stop, they push ahead, continue to fail, and then wonder why the number of people who identify as Christians continues to decline.

I have to admit, this is the reverse of what the OP asked for, but honestly, Christians keep chipping away at the respect I have for Christianity (as opposed to for the FORMAL RELIGION). I guess I should say to them: Keep up the bad work. Honestly, more and more you ruin it for me.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:
This is one thing I will never understand: Christians who witness for their religion, completely turn people off, and continue to witness, thus self-defeating their own initiative. And no matter how much others tell them to stop, they push ahead, continue to fail, and then wonder why the number of people who identify as Christians continues to decline.

I have to admit, this is the reverse of what the OP asked for, but honestly, Christians keep chipping away at the respect I have for Christianity (as opposed to for the FORMAL RELIGION). I guess I should say to them: Keep up the bad work. Honestly, more and more you ruin it for me.
When you guys attack our religion non-stop, what do you really expect us to do? Every single day on this forum, we see folks mock, insult, and make fun of our religion. What would you have us do?

Old 10-25-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
For the same reason you don't.
But I have. It's not that difficult.

I'm sorry you don't possess the strength of character required to stop hurting your god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or