Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 09:48 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
I don't think its blocking, I think that without "anger" their can't be "love".

Then there is the minor issue of too much love, what does it lead too? What does it tell us about "love" when to much of it exist in a household? what do the children turn out like?

I don't like dissecting emotions like that, but my nature is to apply the scientific method to every belief I own. "love" is a subroutine that affords our offspring all the resources to achieve adulthood. My kids took an awful lot of resources.
I know I hate those kids that come out of families with too much love....barf, gag...
Love as a 'subroutine'...exactly the point.. it's the main routine. It's all where one places their focus,
desire, goals, priorities...some 'make it' a subroutine.
We came into the world with it being the main routine.

I'm not sure, don't quote me...but I bet someone like Jesus didn't have to get all angry to be
Love Itself or loving....Us? It may have taken feeling the ugliness of consistent anger and seeing the
many results that finally gets a person to say, "No more", and changing their whole deal.

I know I had had enough, and said, "Enough!" And what a great day that was.

Thanks to everyone so far...Hi pleroo and nateswift.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 11:04 AM

23,156 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
So here we are ...love all around us...love making the world go round...created by love...
by a Creator that loves us...and then some live their lives blocking that love at every corner!

Knock it off!
I am blocking my love from you starting now.

You are blocked.

Old 11-08-2017, 11:06 AM

11,103 posts, read 7,159,415 times
Love transmitted and sent out is what matters. Whether others receive it is less significant. Humans do all sorts of foolish things, so we can't change or should feel bad if the receiving end and results are not what we want. That could lead to backwards thinking; putting the emphasis on the receiver. For example, only giving love when it's guaranteed to be accepted, or being a "yes-person" and saying things that will be agreed to (rather the truth). Some things are to be done for their intrinsic value, regardless of outcome. Love, honor, truth, etc.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 11-08-2017 at 11:25 AM..

Old 11-08-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
So love is blocked by people not pretending that all is love and light? Seems pretty weak.

Love is something that is a potential in the world, something we're all capable of either exhibiting or not. In these dark days, more not, I'd think. Me saying that doesn't make it so. It just is. It's an observation.

Now ... as a matter of self defense I prefer to dwell more on the food kitchen benefit dinner we went to the other day, on the good work being done locally by some very good and loving people, than on, say, the Texas Churchsaw Massacre or Trump's bellicosity toward NK in an effort to ignite WW3. But that doesn't make everything sweetness and light or ward of WW3.
Dang, does Trump really have to come into the thread?

AMERICA
MERICA
MERICA.

Making the nation great again, one trumpet at a time.

Merica!
Merica!

Old 11-08-2017, 11:18 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,171,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Are you packing heat for all this love in the world?

I hear ya need guns to go to church in these great days of love.
An American Express commercial comes to mind, “Don’t leave home without itâ€.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:11 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I am blocking my love from you starting now.
You are blocked.
Unblock me right NOW!

Old 11-08-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Unblock me right NOW!
LOL, reminds me of open range when that chick tells Kevin Costner,'' I been holdin my love for a long time waiting Postal Wade....''

Old 11-08-2017, 01:24 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
I know I hate those kids that come out of families with too much love....barf, gag...
Love as a 'subroutine'...exactly the point.. it's the main routine. It's all where one places their focus,

I'm not sure, don't quote me...but I bet someone like Jesus didn't have to get all angry to be
Love Itself or loving....Us? It may have taken feeling the ugliness of consistent anger and seeing the
many results that finally gets a person to say, "No more", and changing their whole deal.

lol, I hear ya.

but facts are facts and are the facts. A loving family is far from an "only love" family. Failure is a teaching tool.

My brother calls me "The pod boy".
For the reasons you just pointed out.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:54 PM

Quote:

Me and my daughter are always looking at those daughters and fathers where the daughter is like,'' O My Daddy this, and My Daddy is getting me this.''

It kindly freaks us out, my ex-wife murried a man who had a daughter that was just that way and we wanted to puke, Daddy this and daddy that like she was 6 years old. But I can't imagine just how hard it would have been to come from a broken home with no family or how these people nowadays cope when they don't have an old Grandmother with a big family house, with a big family porch with many rooms where the whole family shows up for Christmas and Easter, I mean if you don't have that family escape a couple times a year, it would suck. I feel sorry for people who never went out in the woods for cutting down a tree with the whole family in tow with dozens of aunts and uncles and cousins too many to count having a family dinner where everyone has to bring folding tables and you have reunions twice a year.

I feel so sorry for people who grew up without a big family like this with a big country family home where the nearest neighbor was 10 miles away.

Old 11-08-2017, 04:25 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Me and my daughter are always looking at those daughters and fathers where the daughter is like,'' O My Daddy this, and My Daddy is getting me this.''

It kindly freaks us out, my ex-wife murried a man who had a daughter that was just that way and we wanted to puke, Daddy this and daddy that like she was 6 years old. But I can't imagine just how hard it would have been to come from a broken home with no family or how these people nowadays cope when they don't have an old Grandmother with a big family house, with a big family porch with many rooms where the whole family shows up for Christmas and Easter, I mean if you don't have that family escape a couple times a year, it would suck. I feel sorry for people who never went out in the woods for cutting down a tree with the whole family in tow with dozens of aunts and uncles and cousins too many to count having a family dinner where everyone has to bring folding tables and you have reunions twice a year.

I feel so sorry for people who grew up without a big family like this with a big country family home where the nearest neighbor was 10 miles away.
lmao, try a family of 10 in the city. I wouldn't give up the twitch it gave me for anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality