U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 04:13 PM

45,088 posts, read 45,293,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
I know, right?

That's actually one of the things I really despise about religion -- it is utterly devoid of any kind of humor, fun, or light-heartedness.

It's always so serious and somber and, quite frankly, joyless.

About 1.5 years ago I issued a challenge to all Christians to find me just one verse in the Bible that was meant to be laughed at as humor.

Just one.

I don't mean a verse that's accidentally funny, like people receiving magical strength from their long hair or the 200 foreskins story -- but a verse that was deliberately meant to incite laughter.

Needless to say, no one has of yet provided such a verse.

And so you have people like BF who goes completely off the rails because I poked fun at religion.

Oh, and by the way, BF, there are A LOT of denominations that actually DO teach that sex is dirty and evil. Go look it up yourself if you think I'm full of it -- and then go talk to the psychiatrists who treat these people who come out of some of these fundamentalist churches so choked up about their sexuality that they can't even relate well to women or nurture successful romantic relationships.

No doubt you'll fly straight into denial mode, but oh well -- that doesn't change reality now, does it.
I once had a priest at my first Episcopal church who swore that a lot of what Jesus said was said with humor. She would "do" Jesus with sort of a New York Jewish way of speech. I remember her particularly talking about the verse where he says if someone wants to take your coat, give him your cloak, too. In a world where people wore just those two garments, he's telling them to go naked, and she believes it was meant to be funny.

I agree. If Jesus was this dull, humorless guy walking around with one hand raised and a lamb on the other shoulder, he wouldn't get many followers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2017, 04:17 PM

19,405 posts, read 20,985,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
No.

Matthew 22:30 "For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven."
what does marriage have to do with sex? What is the connection?

Old 11-17-2017, 04:43 PM

14,978 posts, read 6,925,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Um ... so there will be no poop in heaven.

Good to know, especially if there's no plumbing.

Somehow it's not a topic that ever occurred to me.
And we won't have to clean up after our pets.

Old 11-17-2017, 04:57 PM

2,255 posts, read 1,469,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I get the point she was making...she thinks that Christians hate sex and that we think it's dirty or evil. That couldn't be farther from the truth. God created the 1st 2 humans and he invented sex. Sex between a husband and wife is good, and it is to be enjoyed.
I think she was more pointing out the legalistic, and regimented procedures followed by some fundamentalist and other sects.
Missionary position is well known to be the correct position for this, among Evangelical groups.
Then we have the likes of JW's, who cannot practice oral or anal sex. (not that the latter has any interest here)
And then we have cults, like the ICoC, who like to dictate how many times a week you do it.
And finally of course, I cannot not point a finger at my own group, where contraception should not be used, and masturbation is a mortal sin.
On the OP, no I don't think there is any sexuality on the other side.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:01 PM

4,750 posts, read 2,056,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
I mean honestly who knows,but do you think there is passion and sex in heaven or do you think it's very saintly and pure all the time.I mean I'm trying to decide if I want to go there,and if there's no sex then I might give it a miss.
I heard that all kinds of interesting people go to hell. Popes, politicians, loose women, bad guys - I've been told I'll be going to hell.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:04 PM

4,750 posts, read 2,056,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
72 virgins.
Proof that there is no sex.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:09 PM

1,657 posts, read 1,328,905 times
Quote:
I mean honestly who knows,but do you think there is passion and sex in heaven or do you think it's very saintly and pure all the time.I mean I'm trying to decide if I want to go there,and if there's no sex then I might give it a miss.
I think the concept of heaven would be well-served using a good helping of imagination. I have heard people say that they would not want to go to heaven and do the same things they enjoyed in life for all of eternity because eternity is a long time and those things would eventually becoming boring. I just figure if there is a heaven, there is no such thing as boredom. So with that in mind, I am going to believe that if there is a heaven, sex can be constant in that it would require minimal recovery period. Furthermore, there is of course no such thing as erectile dysfunction. The person in heaven might eventually opt for another pleasant activity, such as eating a pizza or sitting in the front row of a Blue Jacket hockey game, but participating in those activities would not be due to a boredom with sex.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:13 PM

13,165 posts, read 10,003,164 times
Quote:
hahahah all be happy if it has Netflix and a computer.

Old 11-17-2017, 05:14 PM

13,165 posts, read 10,003,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I heard that all kinds of interesting people go to hell. Popes, politicians, loose women, bad guys - I've been told I'll be going to hell.
NO loose men....damnit

Old 11-17-2017, 05:37 PM

5,443 posts, read 1,780,435 times
Quote:
Well,Extremist who preach dozens Celestial Virgins awaiting Martyrs kind of suggests it!! .. It nothing BUT a recruiting ploy for males who feel un-fulfilled! .. Watched many final video's of such who proclaim their mission and accept their mission.. WHY?? Because THEY ALL HAVE XERO self-respect and want to die to experience what their adopted propaganda as "Their reward"

First off.. In heaven Sex is NOT something that any normal person looks forward to .. nor when contemplating looming DEATH even considered.. Only Koolaid Losers who have ZERO self worth actually consider such a ridiculous notion!!

Once one's "Soul" actually enters the realm of Heaven SEX is the least of priorities.. Surrounded by those they love is MORE than sufficient. IF any anyone desires SEX OVER loving relationships pretty well tells you about their "SOUL" evolvement. If it wasn't so detrimental to fellow human beings.. I WOULD LOL! BUT, All those Evils written in the BIBLE pretty well explains what's happening today.

What are the seven deadly sins? | Bibleinfo.com

Quote:
7 Deadly Sins List & Meanings
Envy = the desire to have an item or experience that someone else possesses
Gluttony = excessive ongoing consumption of food or drink
Greed or Avarice = an excessive pursuit of material possessions
Lust = an uncontrollable passion or longing, especially for sexual desires
Pride = excessive view of one's self without regard to others.
Sloth = excessive laziness or the failure to act and utilize one’s talents
Wrath = uncontrollable feelings of anger and hate towards another person
The above pretty well describes a whole lot of powerful/connected Folks who happen to have POWER and Authority on EATH RIGHT NOW!!

Last edited by mensaguy; 11-17-2017 at 05:54 PM.. Reason: Don't use red text.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality