U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2018, 06:56 PM

32,909 posts, read 41,207,479 times

Advertisements

Since I donít believe there is procreation in heaven, why would there be sex? It would obviously be problematic if a person had had several spouses who died in this life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 07:56 PM

2,356 posts, read 727,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Since I donít believe there is procreation in heaven, why would there be sex? It would obviously be problematic if a person had had several spouses who died in this life.
What jesusgods thoughts on muiple marriages?

Old 01-05-2018, 12:17 AM

5,298 posts, read 2,415,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecrusader888 View Post
AFAIK, there is no proof of God that He said. However, His existence can be verified with the following proofs:
1. Take an egg from the cloaca of a hen. Punch a hole on the egg and drink its content. Did your mouth feel any beak or fine feather? Yet, after several days of sitting on the egg, a chick emerges. Where did the beak and fine feather come from?
2. The sperms of the male is in liquid form. The ovum of the female is in liquid form. When fertilization takes place and after about nine months, a baby is born. Unfortunately, the baby died and buried. After some time, the baby was exhumed. Where did the skeleton and hair of the baby come from?
1. I don't see how this point verifies the existence of a god (any god) in any way. Please explain if you will.

2. Neither the sperm or the ovum are in liquid form. They are carried in a liquid yes.

Thinking of point 1. by the above logic, thunder would verify the existence of Zeus, Thor, Indra and Perun would it not?

And to be on topic - sex would verify the existence of Eros and Aphrodite.

Old 01-05-2018, 07:38 AM

14,051 posts, read 8,269,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
What jesusgods thoughts on muiple marriages?
Well this very question was supposedly posed to Jesus, IIRC the hypothetical was a series of brothers die one after the other, each according to Jewish custom marry the widow, now in heaven who is her husband? Jesus said basically it's irrelevant because "in heaven they are neither married nor given in marriage but are like the angels". So ... marriage doesn't exist, strong implication sex doesn't exist, and the standard line I was always given, was that our society and relationships will be far more satisfying and enjoyable than what sex / marriage provides. Personally my experience with sex, marriage, and the tenuous combination thereof, is that it's a pretty low bar to meet anyway.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:59 AM

2,192 posts, read 899,464 times
Short answer, no. There's nowhere in the Bible that even remotely says there is sex in Heaven. But there's is something that I've never heard in my 52 years of life: Someone basing their soul in eternity on if they can have sex in Heaven. I mean, yikes, lol. First, you're trying to parallel ecstasy, happiness, and physical gratification in an Earthly mindset and experience with happiness and such things in Heaven. What we will experience in Heaven will be light years beyond anything we could ever compare to here on Earth. If you're in Heaven, you won't be thinking about serving YOUR desires, YOUR pleasures, or anything based on YOU. It's about God and glorifying Him. That will give us the more bliss and happiness than everyone has ever experienced here on Earth since the beginning of time COMBINED! It's beyond our thinking. So don't make the mistake of trying to imagine Heaven from our very limited Earthly mind and experiences. Too, please rethink your seemingly obsessive attachment to sex. Sex is a wonderful gift from God that He gave to us to enjoy and cherish. But to be willing to lose your soul over the prospect of not having sex is troubling and something I've never heard. Anyway, hope this helps a little for what it's worth. Good luck in your walk.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by march2 View Post
Short answer, no. There's nowhere in the Bible that even remotely says there is sex in Heaven. But there's is something that I've never heard in my 52 years of life: Someone basing their soul in eternity on if they can have sex in Heaven. I mean, yikes, lol. First, you're trying to parallel ecstasy, happiness, and physical gratification in an Earthly mindset and experience with happiness and such things in Heaven. What we will experience in Heaven will be light years beyond anything we could ever compare to here on Earth. If you're in Heaven, you won't be thinking about serving YOUR desires, YOUR pleasures, or anything based on YOU. It's about God and glorifying Him. That will give us the more bliss and happiness than everyone has ever experienced here on Earth since the beginning of time COMBINED! It's beyond our thinking. So don't make the mistake of trying to imagine Heaven from our very limited Earthly mind and experiences. Too, please rethink your seemingly obsessive attachment to sex. Sex is a wonderful gift from God that He gave to us to enjoy and cherish. But to be willing to lose your soul over the prospect of not having sex is troubling and something I've never heard. Anyway, hope this helps a little for what it's worth. Good luck in your walk.
And that's it? Glorifying Him? This the same guy who drowned the world? And killed all the Egyptian first borns? That's heaven? The same guy who allows the suffering of children here on earth? No thanks!

But I agree with Mordant. Surpassing the 'happiness' of marriage and sex is indeed a pretty low bar to meet. Mind you, there was a period in my life in which I can say I was truly happy. But even then there were trials and tribulations, yet I experienced a great joy and sense of fulfilment.

By the way, if 'god' and 'heaven' do actually exist then I think y'all got the picture of what it's about all wrong.

Last edited by 303Guy; 01-05-2018 at 11:21 AM..

Old 01-05-2018, 03:18 PM

2,356 posts, read 727,383 times
On a roll 303Guy

Old 01-14-2018, 10:33 PM

2,052 posts, read 502,581 times
Christianity does not know nymphs and do not know polygamy on the ground
Because sex is considered a means of perpetuating mankind
It is not an end in itself
Because sex is a common instinct between man and animal
But the difference between them is control of lust
This is the essence of the concept of Christianity in sex
Because it differs from Islam
Which allows a person to exercise his desires freely
In the earth and in heaven

The only oppressed is women
Because at a time when the Muslim gets the nymphs
Women do not have this right in paradise
I think that Islam must restore its calculations so that it equates men and women in the nymphs of Paradise with males and females

Old 01-14-2018, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Since I donít believe there is procreation in heaven, why would there be sex?
Sex is not really for procreation. Procreation is an unfortunate side effect although most couples do plan at least a few of their 'procreations'.

So, in that light one might think of heaven as a place where the unwanted side effects don't happen.

Old 01-14-2018, 11:32 PM

2,617 posts, read 1,318,757 times
Why would you assume that there is no procreation in heaven?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or