U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 06-17-2019, 04:48 AM
 
4,226 posts, read 2,589,918 times
Reputation: 567

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Please enlighten us with YOUR hopes of heaven.
The hope is that you would stop discussing the matter and instead think about fishing, kissing a baby and/or helping out to bash the religious instead of focusing on the positive sides of faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-17-2019, 07:51 AM
 
4,410 posts, read 1,637,523 times
Reputation: 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No. I said the pleasures would exist because they were experienced in your consciousness. You assumed the source would be flesh, not me.
And pains will exist too. Thatís what you said then.
So our spirits will feel pains and pleasure in heaven?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2019, 07:52 AM
 
4,410 posts, read 1,637,523 times
Reputation: 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
The hope is that you would stop discussing the matter and instead think about fishing, kissing a baby and/or helping out to bash the religious instead of focusing on the positive sides of faith.
Sorry, that does not answer or relate to OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2019, 07:55 AM
Status: "We The North" (set 24 days ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
25,749 posts, read 13,395,224 times
Reputation: 11665
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
The hope is that you would stop discussing the matter and instead think about fishing, kissing a baby and/or helping out to bash the religious instead of focusing on the positive sides of faith.
More misanthropic gabby-babble. You poor thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2019, 07:59 AM
 
4,410 posts, read 1,637,523 times
Reputation: 1528
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
we don't have "hopes for heaven". we look around us, describe what we see, and based our predictions on those observations.

we understand that "hope for heaven" relieves the angst of death. We do not say people that don't think our god is real is not going there based on a statement of belief about that god like some fundy theist do.

why do you let fundy think types tell people they going to a place like "heaven" only when they believe in your god?
I am not sure if this is my mantra - not sure if I have ever said here that my God is the right one and anyone who does not believe in him, is going to go to hell. No, I stay away from saying such rhetorics as I donít believe in it.

And I canít stop fundies who say so on this forum.


By the way. When some people do not have any hope, donít we call them, ďhopeless peopleĒ ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2019, 08:15 AM
 
13,450 posts, read 4,976,974 times
Reputation: 1363
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I am not sure if this is my mantra - not sure if I have ever said here that my God is the right one and anyone who does not believe in him, is going to go to hell. No, I stay away from saying such rhetorics as I donít believe in it.

And I canít stop fundies who say so on this forum.


By the way. When some people do not have any hope, donít we call them, ďhopeless peopleĒ ?
yah, we may be closer than a forum would allow.

My main position is that what yu are calling god is a set of traits that the system has. I feel you are just misunderstanding it.

we need to try and figure out how the rational people can control the fundy think types. we have them in atheism and they completely butcher what science is and says in order to bully and deceive people about a statement of belief about god.

how do rational believers and non believes work together to stop them? how can we show believers, that due to dogma, they have a higher concentration of fundy think types and thus, in many ways, have more responsibility than atheist?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2019, 12:35 PM
 
40,034 posts, read 26,715,004 times
Reputation: 6047
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
And pains will exist too. Thatís what you said then.
So our spirits will feel pains and pleasure in heaven?
The pain and evil are what the process of refining out the dross in the consuming fire of God's love is for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2019, 01:31 PM
 
5,133 posts, read 2,527,570 times
Reputation: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
I mean honestly who knows,but do you think there is passion and sex in heaven or do you think it's very saintly and pure all the time.I mean I'm trying to decide if I want to go there,and if there's no sex then I might give it a miss.
No, angels are all considered as males. Angels do Not reproduce baby angels.
Those saintly or holy ones (resurrected people) who are called to heaven will have spirit bodies as heavenly Jesus has.

Since you have earthly desires then you are called to be part of the humble meek who will inherit the Earth - Psalm 37:9-11
If you are alive at the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as found at Matthew 24:31-33,37,40 then you can be part of the figurative humble ' sheep ' (verse 37) who can remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth right into the start of calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2019, 01:35 PM
 
5,133 posts, read 2,527,570 times
Reputation: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
And pains will exist too. Thatís what you said then.
So our spirits will feel pains and pleasure in heaven?
I am wondering what you think about the words found at Revelation 21:4-5 when there will be No more pain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-17-2019, 01:36 PM
Status: "Summertime, and the living's easy" (set 19 days ago)
 
Location: The Eastern Shore
2,047 posts, read 581,316 times
Reputation: 1108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
No, angels are all considered as males. Angels do Not reproduce baby angels.
Those saintly or holy ones (resurrected people) who are called to heaven will have spirit bodies as heavenly Jesus has.

Since you have earthly desires then you are called to be part of the humble meek who will inherit the Earth - Psalm 37:9-11
If you are alive at the soon coming ' time of separation ' on Earth as found at Matthew 24:31-33,37,40 then you can be part of the figurative humble ' sheep ' (verse 37) who can remain alive on Earth, and continue to live on Earth right into the start of calendar Day One of Jesus' coming 1,000-year governmental rule over Earth.
So, we can go to heaven and be super bored, or be the "humble meek" and continue to have fun on Earth?

Hmm.... Tough choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top