U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2019, 03:28 PM

513 posts, read 288,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
"Diabolical" in the sense of the psychological damage Christianity's teaching on hell has caused during it's 2000 year existence. And all for what? To make more money for the bishops and popes to live in palaces of gold. Shameful!

I think most people have become adapt to hiding the scars openly because they know if they dare speak and challenge the traditional church opinion they will either be "corrected" or in the more extreme case shunned out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
^^^
I donít know what this means.

But,
nobody knows if there is a heaven or not.
Either way we go, we have faith to believe in the existence of heaven or not.

Now, the definition and detail of heaven varies from faith to faith.

Mind you, SEX is NOT a bad thing - itís simply regulated by some religions.

I guess, those who believe there will be no sex in heaven, wonít get any if they made to heaven - and vice versa.

For practical reasons it's understandable in some ways that sexuality was traditionally more regulated in society.

Old 06-23-2019, 09:36 PM

4,414 posts, read 1,642,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostee View Post
For practical reasons it's understandable in some ways that sexuality was traditionally more regulated in society.
So then polygamy was perhaps not as bad as it has been made to sound for those societies who thought it was within regulation?

There is also evidence that incest was a common practice among Egyptian Pharos.

Old 06-25-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
So then polygamy was perhaps not as bad as it has been made to sound for those societies who thought it was within regulation?

There is also evidence that incest was a common practice among Egyptian Pharos.
Incest used to be more common in general during the middle ages until sometime during the 19th century. My theory is it was maybe because the world was less populated and more rural during this time.

Old 06-25-2019, 01:07 PM

19,788 posts, read 19,891,223 times
Quote:
Incest used to be more common in general during the middle ages until sometime during the 19th century. My theory is it was maybe because the world was less populated and more rural during this time.
Don't ya' think maybe, according to this supposedly 'totally truthful Bible" , that it started long before that?
Like maybe with mama Eve and sons?

Old 07-01-2019, 12:50 AM

Anyway, the traditional Christian reasoning about sex/Eros relationships in the afterlife almost makes me want to just punch an inanimate object.

I can't associate with that religion anymore.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Anyway, the traditional Christian reasoning about sex/Eros relationships in the afterlife almost makes me want to just punch an inanimate object.

I can't associate with that religion anymore.
To me, the disassociation is more based on logic.

It seems as if, there will still be an obligation to worship and attend sermons in the Christian heaven, and Jesus will be preaching there all day.

The question is, what for?
Is there another destination to reach and achieve AFTER heaven?
And what if you get lazy and/or decide not to attend the sermons or worship?

Will you be thrown out of heaven?

Doesn’t seem like heaven to me.

If there is a heaven out there, it better be free of any worry, any duties, any obligations, and any responsibilities of worshiping and preaching.

Old 07-01-2019, 08:31 AM

15,890 posts, read 6,252,717 times
Quote:
If there is a heaven out there, it better be free of any worry, any duties, any obligations, and any responsibilities of worshiping and preaching.
That would mean that if there is sex it would need to lack the need for contraception.

Old 07-01-2019, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
That would mean that if there is sex it would need to lack the need for contraception.
Sounds like it.

Old 07-01-2019, 05:27 PM

1,946 posts, read 408,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
I mean honestly who knows,but do you think there is passion and sex in heaven or do you think it's very saintly and pure all the time.I mean I'm trying to decide if I want to go there,and if there's no sex then I might give it a miss.
Nothing happens in heaven because it doesn't exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or