Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2017, 09:51 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
No, and I have no idea why you thought so. I have been divorced for many years, and my exh would never be mistaken for a pastor.
I'm sorry. I must have you confused with someone else. I really am sorry---it was an honest mistake.
Quote:
I know what the Bible says about sex outside of marriage. I addressed that in my post. Those rules were written by men for their own reasons.
Those rules were inspired by God. History has shown when we obey God's rules everyone benefits. Including women. Today, we are told that marriage is not required, and we see single parenthood at an epidemic high. Women are being mistreated as a result of the open sex movement. Men are pigs...and when they are not held accountable....women lose.
Quote:
I believe God is more concerned with how human beings treat one another than he is about what we do with our physical selves. Same reason I don't think God has a problem with gay people. It is not important. Only people are so concerned about who is doing what with whom. It's a distraction from what really matters.
What do you base that on? The Bible doesn't teach it. We've seen from society that it doesn't benefit women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2017, 09:52 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,227,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
I mean honestly who knows,but do you think there is passion and sex in heaven or do you think it's very saintly and pure all the time.I mean I'm trying to decide if I want to go there,and if there's no sex then I might give it a miss.
I sure hope so. All of those lonely bachelors

Old 11-18-2017, 09:54 AM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I'm sorry. I must have you confused with someone else. I really am sorry---it was an honest mistake.

Those rules were inspired by God. History has shown when we obey God's rules everyone benefits. Including women. Today, we are told that marriage is not required, and we see single parenthood at an epidemic high. Women are being mistreated as a result of the open sex movement. Men are pigs...and when they are not held accountable....women lose.

What do you base that on? The Bible doesn't teach it. We've seen from society that it doesn't benefit women.
The Bible says men are pigs?

Old 11-18-2017, 10:20 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
No problem. That happens on these types of forums.

Quote:
Kind of slamming your own gender there, BF.

But the rules you refer to as God's rules were not beneficial to women, either. They were property. That mindset still exists, and sometimes in the minds of women themselves. The answer is not to put women back in the cattle category but to help them understand that they are worth more than what a man values them to be.

Quote:
Using my God-given ability to reason, I base it on the difference between the nature of God and the nature of humanity. While I don't claim to know everything about the nature of God, I do know quite a bit about the nature of humanity just from almost 60 years of living and watching.

Old 11-18-2017, 10:26 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:

I don't know so much, Baptist. I would think that women in the Western world have never had it so good.

Sex has always been 'open'. Women have always been abused (not every woman of course). You might want to research how women are treated in some African societies and those are societies strictly governed by religious 'God inspired' rules (although not all). You've heard of female genital mutilation?

Quote:

But the rules you refer to as God's rules were not beneficial to women, either. They were property. That mindset still exists, and sometimes in the minds of women themselves. The answer is not to put women back in the cattle category but to help them understand that they are worth more than what a man values them to be.

Old 11-18-2017, 10:32 AM

11,019 posts, read 5,976,518 times
Quote:
I've heard that sometimes sex occurs without marriage.
I've also heard that sometimes there is sex IN marriage!

Old 11-18-2017, 11:07 AM

Quote:
No problem. That happens on these types of forums.
Thank you for understanding. Obviously, my responses to you MIGHT look different if I think you're a pastor's wife.
Quote:

Kind of slamming your own gender there, BF.
My gender deserves it at times.
Quote:
In OT times, yes--the culture treated women as chattle. That doesn't mean that God considers women to be worthless, nor does it suggest that women should be mistreated. God gave Eve to Adam as a blessing. Men should love their wives and treat them as equal partners.

Far too often, women are mistreated by men. And they allow it to happen. When men are not held accountable, women lose.
Quote:

Using my God-given ability to reason, I base it on the difference between the nature of God and the nature of humanity. While I don't claim to know everything about the nature of God, I do know quite a bit about the nature of humanity just from almost 60 years of living and watching.
Even when the Bible actually gives rules by which to live?

Old 11-18-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I don't know so much, Baptist. I would think that women in the Western world have never had it so good.

Sex has always been 'open'. Women have always been abused (not every woman of course). You might want to research how women are treated in some African societies and those are societies strictly governed by religious 'God inspired' rules (although not all). You've heard of female genital mutilation?
You do realize the Bible never commands such a practice, right? That is a horrible practice.

Fact is, the sexual revolution in America has resulted in single motherhood, and women being mistreated. Women are a gift from God, and men should treat them as blessings. They are not put here just to please men or serve us. But the sexual revolution that teaches sex without strings attached promotes that.

Old 11-18-2017, 01:50 PM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Thank you for understanding. Obviously, my responses to you MIGHT look different if I think you're a pastor's wife.

My gender deserves it at times.

In OT times, yes--the culture treated women as chattle. That doesn't mean that God considers women to be worthless, nor does it suggest that women should be mistreated. God gave Eve to Adam as a blessing. Men should love their wives and treat them as equal partners.

Far too often, women are mistreated by men. And they allow it to happen. When men are not held accountable, women lose.

Even when the Bible actually gives rules by which to live?
Yes, because I don't think they were God's rules, but men's rules. Control over natural behavior that is not harmful to anyone but is advantageous to one group over another has "human" written all over it.

Old 11-18-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Yes, because I don't think they were God's rules, but men's rules. Control over natural behavior that is not harmful to anyone but is advantageous to one group over another has "human" written all over it.
I guess "harmful" depends on the beholder? Because where I'm sitting, there sure are a lot of bad things in our society that are directly related to the idea of free and open sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality