Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2017, 07:49 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,088,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
I suppose it depends on one's interests and one's interpretation of Hell. No one would knowingly want to spend time in the Hell some interpret in the Bible as a literal place of fiery torment. If it's simply existence away from a God who expects me to worship and feed his/her/its narcissism for eternity, or even not existing, then Hell does sound more appealing.
Just to update you, part of the faith is that there is no more worshiping of God in heaven. Worshiping of God is desired only in our adulthood in this life here on earth. But then it's not worshipping alone - God desires us to live a peaceful and morally concious life too.

But you have some good thoughts if one has a faith that there is no God because interestingly enough, worshipping God leads to heaven - and heaven is a place that's not appealing to you.

And not worshipping God that may lead to hell - a place you want to avoid but you find it appealing more than heaven.

I mean, you perhaps aren't able to hold your hand right on top of a candle light for more than 10 seconds yet you claim that hell is more appealing than heaven There has to be some irony here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2017, 11:19 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Yeah but then what else would last longer than sex, as a fun activity?
Sleeping for long hours? Watching tv? Playing sports? Dining out? Reading books? Surfing the net? Hiking? Boating? Having a love for paintings, arts and crafts? ,,,, nothing seems to beat sex.
My point is this: doing anything for eternity would eventually be hell. Sure, sex with beautiful women would probably remain fun the longest, but even that would eventually get boring. Eternity is a long time.

Old 11-24-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
My point is this: doing anything for eternity would eventually be hell. Sure, sex with beautiful women would probably remain fun the longest, but even that would eventually get boring. Eternity is a long time.
Or perhaps the feeling of boredom is removed from our existence in heaven, and only the fun part remains?
Otherwise yes, almost everything will get boring if done for long enough with our current form of existence and perception.

Old 11-24-2017, 04:39 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Or perhaps the feeling of boredom is removed from our existence in heaven, and only the fun part remains?
Otherwise yes, almost everything will get boring if done for long enough with our current form of existence and perception.
I find eating my favorite foods never gets boring. Never bored of reptitious breathing either, but since Jesus taught the humble ' meek will inherit the Earth ', so why all the emphasis placed on living in heaven.
True, Jesus did promise heaven to some people as mentioned at Luke 22:28-30, but as for the majority of people, all who died before Jesus' died can only have a healthy physical resurrection as per John 3:13. Even people like King David did Not ascend according to Acts 2:34. That is also why we see the ' future tense ' used at Acts 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.... God promised father Abraham that ALL families of Earth ( future tense) will be blessed at Genesis 12:3, and ALL nation of Earth will be blessed ( future tense) at Genesis 22:18. Blessed with the benefits as mentioned at Revelation 22:2 that there will be healing for earth's nations. Earth's nations are here on Earth.
Rev. 22:2 also mentions that mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' for food besides healing for earth's nations. That is because Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
The wicked will be gone - Proverbs 2:21-22, and then we will see the beautiful paradisical conditions on Earth as described at Isaiah chapter 35.
This is why we are praying the invitation for Jesus to come (Rev. 22:20 ) and Not praying to be taken away to the kingdom, or taken up to the kingdom, but for God's kingdom to come and His will (purpose) be done here on Earth..... God's purpose for Earth that even ' enemy death ' be No more on Earth as per 1st Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.

Old 11-24-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find eating my favorite foods never gets boring. Never bored of reptitious breathing either, but since Jesus taught the humble ' meek will inherit the Earth ', so why all the emphasis placed on living in heaven.
True, Jesus did promise heaven to some people as mentioned at Luke 22:28-30, but as for the majority of people, all who died before Jesus' died can only have a healthy physical resurrection as per John 3:13. Even people like King David did Not ascend according to Acts 2:34. That is also why we see the ' future tense ' used at Acts 24:15 that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection.... God promised father Abraham that ALL families of Earth ( future tense) will be blessed at Genesis 12:3, and ALL nation of Earth will be blessed ( future tense) at Genesis 22:18. Blessed with the benefits as mentioned at Revelation 22:2 that there will be healing for earth's nations. Earth's nations are here on Earth.
Rev. 22:2 also mentions that mankind will see the return of the Genesis ' tree of life ' for food besides healing for earth's nations. That is because Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
The wicked will be gone - Proverbs 2:21-22, and then we will see the beautiful paradisical conditions on Earth as described at Isaiah chapter 35.
This is why we are praying the invitation for Jesus to come (Rev. 22:20 ) and Not praying to be taken away to the kingdom, or taken up to the kingdom, but for God's kingdom to come and His will (purpose) be done here on Earth..... God's purpose for Earth that even ' enemy death ' be No more on Earth as per 1st Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8.
Sorry but what all this ^^ has to do with what I posted?

I mean we don't get bored of taking a poop every day. The point is, things we do for fun could potentially lead to boredom if done continuously for millions of years due to our current nature on earth.

Old 11-24-2017, 06:16 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
..............The point is, things we do for fun could potentially lead to boredom if done continuously for millions of years due to our current nature on earth.
Due to my current nature I don't foresee myself getting bored with eating and drinking, I always look forward to seeing my favorite people again and again.

Since our current nature (Psalm 90:10) is usually 70 or 80 years, then our ' new ' or ' future ' nature would be a happy-and-healthy future minus enemy death.
No death means only everlasting good health starting with Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over Earth - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26; Isaiah 25:8.

Old 11-24-2017, 09:38 PM

3,802 posts, read 2,997,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Do you think Hugh Hefner ever got bored?
Could Heaven be even better than Earth for the likes of Hugh? (assuming he did not go to Hell)

Old 11-25-2017, 07:47 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Perhaps.

Like Santa’s workshop, Heaven is limited only by one’s imagination. Maybe there will be a Las Vegas style lounge act when you first get there.

Old 11-25-2017, 07:49 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
Quote:
Just to update you, part of the faith is that there is no more worshiping of God in heaven. Worshiping of God is desired only in our adulthood in this life here on earth. But then it's not worshipping alone - God desires us to live a peaceful and morally concious life too.

But you have some good thoughts if one has a faith that there is no God because interestingly enough, worshipping God leads to heaven - and heaven is a place that's not appealing to you.

And not worshipping God that may lead to hell - a place you want to avoid but you find it appealing more than heaven.

I mean, you perhaps aren't able to hold your hand right on top of a candle light for more than 10 seconds yet you claim that hell is more appealing than heaven There has to be some irony here.
One interpreting Rev. 5:13 could reasonably conclude that everyone is worshiping God in Heaven, but I suppose, as with any scripture, others can conclude differently. Regardless, that's not an activity in which I would want to participate.

My life in Heaven and Hell is realistically no more a concern for me than my life in the Land of Oz, as I don't have any reason to believe that either of the 3 exists. You might then reasonably ask why I would be commenting on life in Heaven. Primarily its because Heaven and/or Hell are typically used as the carrot and stick to convince me and others to accept Christianity, or other religions, as true. My comments are directed toward explaining some of the reasons I don't accept these claims as true. In this case, I would think that Heaven would provide an experience that corresponds to what I, as an individual, would consider euphoria. I don't see the Biblical descriptions of Heaven as any such place since ambition, accomplishment, and challenges aren't necessary or existent.

Old 11-25-2017, 08:00 AM

2,657 posts, read 1,376,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
I mean honestly who knows,but do you think there is passion and sex in heaven or do you think it's very saintly and pure all the time.I mean I'm trying to decide if I want to go there,and if there's no sex then I might give it a miss.
Who says sex can't be saintly and pure?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality