U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 11-17-2017, 12:47 PM
 
1,515 posts, read 780,020 times
Reputation: 2111

Advertisements

I mean honestly who knows,but do you think there is passion and sex in heaven or do you think it's very saintly and pure all the time.I mean I'm trying to decide if I want to go there,and if there's no sex then I might give it a miss.
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-17-2017, 12:49 PM
Status: "Just crying wolf" (set 12 days ago)
 
5,286 posts, read 1,328,038 times
Reputation: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
I mean honestly who knows,but do you think there is passion and sex in heaven or do you think it's very saintly and pure all the time.I mean I'm trying to decide if I want to go there,and if there's no sex then I might give it a miss.
No.

Matthew 22:30 "For in the resurrection they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven."
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2017, 12:57 PM
 
Location: The backwoods of Pennsylvania ... unfortunately.
5,562 posts, read 3,133,504 times
Reputation: 3920
To tell the truth, I honestly hope not.

Because people are already obsessed with it enough in THIS life.

Plus, it means all the sexual baggage will follow us into Heaven, as well.

Double plus, if we're talking about the Biblical Heaven, it wouldn't matter anyway. Because the hundreds upon hundreds of Biblical rules regarding sex would apply -- which means you'd essentially be reduced to having sex in the very traditional missionary position, fully clothed, with the lights on, eyes closed, just long enough for the man to ejaculate for reproduction purposes, with no foreplay before and no cigarette after.

And saying "Oh god!" during intercourse would count as blasphemy and you would be expelled immediately.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2017, 01:05 PM
Status: "Just crying wolf" (set 12 days ago)
 
5,286 posts, read 1,328,038 times
Reputation: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post

Double plus, if we're talking about the Biblical Heaven, it wouldn't matter anyway. Because the hundreds upon hundreds of Biblical rules regarding sex would apply -- which means you'd essentially be reduced to having sex in the very traditional missionary position, fully clothed, with the lights on, eyes closed, just long enough for the man to ejaculate for reproduction purposes, with no foreplay before and no cigarette after.
Once again, you seem to demonstrate a complete lack of knowledge of what the Bible actually says, but it doesn't stop you from pontificating about it. I'm sorry for you.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2017, 01:37 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
18,895 posts, read 8,873,507 times
Reputation: 18301
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Once again, you seem to demonstrate a complete lack of knowledge of what the Bible actually says, but it doesn't stop you from pontificating about it. I'm sorry for you.
I don't know which is funnier...Shirina's joking or your inability to recognize a joke.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2017, 01:40 PM
Status: "Just crying wolf" (set 12 days ago)
 
5,286 posts, read 1,328,038 times
Reputation: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I don't know which is funnier...Shirina's joking or your inability to recognize a joke.
I get the point she was making...she thinks that Christians hate sex and that we think it's dirty or evil. That couldn't be farther from the truth. God created the 1st 2 humans and he invented sex. Sex between a husband and wife is good, and it is to be enjoyed.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2017, 01:43 PM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
18,895 posts, read 8,873,507 times
Reputation: 18301
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I get the point she was making...she thinks that Christians hate sex and that we think it's dirty or evil. That couldn't be farther from the truth. God created the 1st 2 humans and he invented sex. Sex between a husband and wife is good, and it is to be enjoyed.
Yes, we all know that story.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2017, 01:45 PM
 
3,430 posts, read 1,256,772 times
Reputation: 938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
I mean honestly who knows,but do you think there is passion and sex in heaven or do you think it's very saintly and pure all the time.I mean I'm trying to decide if I want to go there,and if there's no sex then I might give it a miss.
Perhaps Heaven is divided into three parts.


I think there is no sex in the Christian part of heaven.

There is supposedly quite a bit of sex in the Muslim part of Heaven.

And I am not sure about the Jewish section of heaven?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2017, 02:23 PM
Status: "Build the damn wall!" (set 6 days ago)
 
Location: The Haunted Mansion
15,144 posts, read 8,229,213 times
Reputation: 1544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
I mean honestly who knows,but do you think there is passion and sex in heaven or do you think it's very saintly and pure all the time.I mean I'm trying to decide if I want to go there,and if there's no sex then I might give it a miss.
Consider using spaces after punctuation.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-17-2017, 02:23 PM
 
Location: The backwoods of Pennsylvania ... unfortunately.
5,562 posts, read 3,133,504 times
Reputation: 3920
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I don't know which is funnier...Shirina's joking or your inability to recognize a joke.
I know, right?

That's actually one of the things I really despise about religion -- it is utterly devoid of any kind of humor, fun, or light-heartedness.

It's always so serious and somber and, quite frankly, joyless.

About 1.5 years ago I issued a challenge to all Christians to find me just one verse in the Bible that was meant to be laughed at as humor.

Just one.

I don't mean a verse that's accidentally funny, like people receiving magical strength from their long hair or the 200 foreskins story -- but a verse that was deliberately meant to incite laughter.

Needless to say, no one has of yet provided such a verse.

And so you have people like BF who goes completely off the rails because I poked fun at religion.

Oh, and by the way, BF, there are A LOT of denominations that actually DO teach that sex is dirty and evil. Go look it up yourself if you think I'm full of it -- and then go talk to the psychiatrists who treat these people who come out of some of these fundamentalist churches so choked up about their sexuality that they can't even relate well to women or nurture successful romantic relationships.

No doubt you'll fly straight into denial mode, but oh well -- that doesn't change reality now, does it.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top