U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2018, 01:08 PM

34,296 posts, read 8,827,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
No, it's a real thing. They can have NO contact with apostates and many are afraid we are demonized. Apostates are "mentally diseased" and "seek to infect current Jehovah's Witnesses with their disloyal teachings." Actual quotes from the literature.
Oh yes. I'm aware. It's just that Kryptonite Jehovah's Witness clone No 47, (or whatever) may or may not know whether he is talking to Ex members. If he knows he is, he is either being so Enlightened out this that I hope the Elders do not know who he really is, or he is ignorant of his religon' Dogmas or is hypocritical about them.

I have no idea which, but those seem to be the options.

And now it's time for me to answer a few personal e -mails...I have given you dudes Hours of my coffee -drinking time...and only 2 measly reps to show for it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 01:11 PM

4,039 posts, read 1,447,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Oh please. Spare us all the semantic dickering. In fact (though I'm sure you would prefer to lecture without having to respond) talking here is conversing. It Is The Same. Now, We don't know which are ex JW but I recall some of them are. Personally I don't care whom you Converse' with and they are teasing you a bit suggesting you are breaking the separation rules by talking to Apostates. But do at least try to look at the point honestly, instead of doing what seems to be the kneejerk Christian reaction - dishonest evasion.

I evaded nothing. If one is an apostate they should be respectful enough not to speak to a JW. They know the rules as any JW does.
You don't even believe in God do you?

Old 01-06-2018, 01:58 PM

5,238 posts, read 1,666,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I evaded nothing. If one is an apostate they should be respectful enough not to speak to a JW. They know the rules as any JW does.
The Watchtower can tell you what to do but they hold no authority over me. I'll tell anyone who will listen that this organization is scamming people. That includes active JWs. They trained me as a whistle blower and that's exactly what I'm doing.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Last time I checked, atheists tend not to believe in God, no. What's your point?

And it strikes me as the height of arrogance for JW's to expect those who have seen through the whole thing and walked out to treat those who fooled and manipulated them previously with deference and respect for their Rules.

But the point was - as i recall - that you has been breaking the rules yourself by engaging with e -JW's. You know the rules, don't you? I thought it was a nice point and that you seem to be evading the issue seems to show that it was a sound one.

Old 01-10-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Last time I checked, atheists tend not to believe in God, no. What's your point?

And it strikes me as the height of arrogance for JW's to expect those who have seen through the whole thing and walked out to treat those who fooled and manipulated them previously with deference and respect for their Rules.

But the point was - as i recall - that you has been breaking the rules yourself by engaging with e -JW's. You know the rules, don't you? I thought it was a nice point and that you seem to be evading the issue seems to show that it was a sound one.

The article warned about speaking to apostates online. Not speaking to others. They saw through nothing--sin overtook them.
The whole wide world will know this fact shortly as expressed in Ezekial about 20x--They will have to know, I am YHWH(Jehovah)-- But at that point they will not want to know him.

Old 01-10-2018, 04:22 PM

But you were being asked about speaking to ex JW's here, weren't you? What the article said is not the issue. I'm not sure - I seem to recall we have a couple of EX JWs, here and maybe you spoke to them. If not, all you have to do is say so

Old 01-10-2018, 05:28 PM

Quote:
But you were being asked about speaking to ex JW's here, weren't you? What the article said is not the issue. I'm not sure - I seem to recall we have a couple of EX JWs, here and maybe you spoke to them. If not, all you have to do is say so
I am sure I spoke to one at least. I don't make a practice of it. But they claim to not be disfellowshipped.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:45 PM

5,238 posts, read 1,666,276 times
The Watchtower's handling of child sex abuse is starting to come out in mainstream media now. If the witnesses can wrap their heads around the fact that this is real instead of apostate lies many will not tolerate this and leave. This is a big deal in a group like this because the demand for purity is high. The following information is re posted from another forum

Secret Documents Reveal Sex Abuse Scandal in Jehovah's Witnesses Church
Newsweek (US), Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Thirty-three letters and internal documents, leaked Tuesday by the transparency organization FaithLeaks, expose a series of sexual abuse accusations against a member of the Jehovah’s Witnesses church and the efforts the church made to cover up the scandal and keep it from the “worldly court of law.”

The documents, written between 1999 and 2012, are communications between church leaders and the church’s legal entities, a group referred to collectively as “the Watchtower.” They detail accusations of sexual abuse from three separate accusers.

This is not the first time the Jehovah’s Witnesses church has been accused of sexual abuse. In 2014, a San Diego judge ordered Watchtower to award $13.5 million to a man who was abused by a church leader when he was just seven years old. Six others also sued Watchtower because they had been sexually abused by the same church leader, but the cases were settled out of court.

The Center for Investigative Reporting’s site Reveal claims that Watchtower has “systematically instructed leaders to keep sexual abuse secret from law enforcement.”

Watchtower did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
Secret Documents Reveal Sex Abuse Scandal in Jehovah

SEE ALSO:

New Whistleblower Site FaithLeaks Releases Confidential Documents About Child Sexual Abuse in Jehovah’s Witnesses’ Community

REVEAL News has now reported on the Child Abuse Leaks within Jehovah's Witnesses

Jehovah's Witnesses leak sheds light on child sex claims - Daily Mail (UK), Jan 10, 2018

Leaked Docs Show Jehovah’s Witnesses Mishandling Child Sex Abuse Cases - Friendly Atheist, Patheos, Jan 10, 2018

Ex-Mormons launch FaithLeaks to root out abuse and corruption in churches - Religion News Service (US), Jan 10, 2018

Old 01-12-2018, 09:02 AM

21,388 posts, read 18,115,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlingtops View Post
Being involved in this <group> for several years I keep a watch on them. They are in actual neg decline in much of Europe and in the US where they were born they are in decline year over year and the actual increase is very small. The graph is not good for the cult .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c01Z...ature=youtu.be
Good.

Old 01-14-2018, 03:18 AM

2,558 posts, read 1,693,803 times
Quote:
No Christians have anything to do with corrupt govts.( 2Peter 2:19) Jesus said to be-NO PART- of this world. Everyone of them are standing in opposition to God and his son. All that follow will go down with them--Dan 2:44--Rev 16
Jesus will take care of all the worlds problems soon. But 99% on earth will fall being mislead to stand for their countries flag here at Rev 16--They are now as well.
I have heard Evangelicals say exactly the same thing.
But not being part of the "world", that is certainly a very good way of segregating and separating yourselves, and maintaining exclusivity.
Of course you guys take it even more literally, would be no good at a trivia contest on flags of the world, that is for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality