U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2017, 08:20 PM

14,026 posts, read 8,047,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Then why one living in such darkness is wasting their life in this sight--just to be a troll???????
We get this all the time from all different believers. We explain it, and it's like we never said a word.

We don't have to be believers to be interested in what people believe and why. In fact WHY people afford belief to the unsubstantiated is my main interest. Believing without a requirement of substantiating evidence is what results in religion (and a lot of other things, like the notion that the President should not be troubled that he's re-tweeting fake videos in support of his arguments). I do not decry religion, or religious people -- but the failed epistemology of religious faith, which does not lead towards truth or explain or predict experienced reality.

Also ... like many atheists, I am a former Christian, and have something to offer to seekers, fellow unbelievers, and believers alike.

Do I have to be certified a citizen of Delaware before visiting the Delaware forum on CityData, or expressing an opinion about Delaware thereon? Well, of course not. I also visit the philosophy forum, despite not being a philosopher. Imagine that. Quelle surprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2017, 12:47 PM

3,223 posts, read 1,208,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
"you mean "Site" of course. However, I am always reminded of John 9.41 Jesus said to them, If you were blind, you would have no sin; but now you say, We see. Therefore your sin remains."

Of course "Sin" is an absurd theological dogma founded on Myth, nonsense and moral blackmail. So I rather translate that as 'Fault'. And the Fault is refusing to look at the evidence with eyes open. Preferring to shut them and focus on Faith. I wish I could find that cartoon of a Bearded bod holding the Bible and pointing at the sky ( ) and the atheists throwing his eyes in the Bin and saying "I won't beleive if i can't see it'. It is (as is usually the case) the believer who is throwing the faculty of sight in the bin and saying "I don't see that you have any evidence.."

God says there is sin and there is 0 room for it in his creation and will soon send Jesus to wipe all wicked and wicked things off of his earth. Jesus is Gods image--He showed us Gods love in the NT but at Har-mageddon we will see the image of what God did to sinners in the OT. One does not want to be mislead to stand in opposition like the majority is being lead that way. Rev 16 assures-- EVERY kingdom( govt, armies, supporters) will stand in opposition to Gods king at Har-mageddon. They stand there now as well.

Old 12-01-2017, 05:48 PM

31,535 posts, read 7,254,744 times
Bible -based faith -claims not worth a damn'.

I think that's about all that post merits. Let's find a suitable video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6xzOTEwMAY

And this.....

It out to be funny. It ought to be hilarious, but it isn't. It is sickening. These self -satisfied doom merchants who ought to be locked up for the public good, have Influence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXP9l7okGVY

*sigh* let's see if i can find something worth a chuckle so I can go back to be without being kept awake by waves of nausea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9RN8UgBBs4

No - still not laughing.

Nope - not laughing at TB Joshua, still lying to to deluded dupes about why he got Hilary Clinton's win wrong.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 12-01-2017 at 06:11 PM..

Old 12-04-2017, 10:15 PM

2,369 posts, read 1,550,769 times
Looks like the OP could not contain his discontent for this group, and is now gone.
But this happens to all religious groups, not just those like JWs;
Things like Religious Trauma Syndrome are the consequence.

Old 12-05-2017, 10:06 AM

4,915 posts, read 13,243,321 times
Quote:
The first death is not permanent. There will be a resurrection in Gods kingdom on the earth. Loved ones could get the opportunity to learn and apply Gods will and gain life everlasting on a paradise( Eden) Earth= the new earth--Gods kingdom in full control. His original plan back on track And he only rested creating.
Oblivion would be much nicer than eternal suffering.
Yes, I forgot about that. That is all I need, spending everlasting on earth with JWs, with them keeping control of my mind. And in this paradise you have to all be jws.

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 12-05-2017 at 10:21 AM..

Old 12-05-2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
I happen to talk/know many JW. I let them know that I am not interested early on, and they totally respect that wish. Yet we find something to talk about, including touchy subjects. They are not totalitarian to the point of shunning a "lost" person spouting blasphemous views as some mainstream protestants I've met. They can separate their belief and life outside that belief unlike let's say hundreds of millions of mainstream Muslims taking their faith way too seriously. As far as the outside world is concerned they are not totalitarian. Sure they believe weird crap but I dont really have anything better to offer, whatever they believe it works for them. A community forms around that belief and it does what human communities do. Nothing I've read here cannnot happen between let's say secular family members going through a divorce. Belonging is a weapon all groups use to manipulate behavior of their members. But if belonging to a group is not an issue one can separate from JW with no trouble at all. Actually i've met a few fake JW who just tag along for the sake of a family member (while doing all the things a JW is not allowed to do). Apparently powerful brainwashing techniques JW deploy could not modify their belief and behavior.
Don't let them kid you. I have had them lie to me when they didn't know that I was an exJW. And if you think that having your parents and other relatives shun you for the rest of your life is easy, you are wrong. somethings you just don't get over, and then they are somethings that you can't go back to because you don't believe anymore and you must be true to yourself.

Old 12-05-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
God says there is sin and there is 0 room for it in his creation and will soon send Jesus to wipe all wicked and wicked things off of his earth. Jesus is Gods image--He showed us Gods love in the NT but at Har-mageddon we will see the image of what God did to sinners in the OT. One does not want to be mislead to stand in opposition like the majority is being lead that way. Rev 16 assures-- EVERY kingdom( govt, armies, supporters) will stand in opposition to Gods king at Har-mageddon. They stand there now as well.
Your God is so punitive and doesn't love unconditionally. I could never accept a God like that, one that is like Hitler, who picks and chooses who he thinks deserves to live.

Old 12-05-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
Your God is so punitive and doesn't love unconditionally. I could never accept a God like that, one that is like Hitler, who picks and chooses who he thinks deserves to live.
He warned all what is coming to this earth. Its they themselves that will not listen--- They listen to blind guides over what Jesus taught. I share 6 of his major teachings in every sight like this--every Trinitarian rejects those teachings to believe dogma. Even though all 6 teachings are in their bible as well.

Old 12-05-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie Jo View Post
Yes, I forgot about that. That is all I need, spending everlasting on earth with JWs, with them keeping control of my mind. And in this paradise you have to all be jws.

Yes--Jesus was the #1 witness of Jehovah-Rev 1:5-- The rest are as well,Isaiah 43:10-- Isaiah 44:8

The door is open to all, Jesus said one would be hated if they followed him--these were to be no part of this world--do NOT fit in. Those that must fit in will lose.

Old 12-06-2017, 04:32 PM

Of course kjw you believe that the bible is the word of God, and that out of over 2,000 religions in the world yours is the only correct one. Amazing. You teach that God loves unconditionally, but he will only save you IF you do everything he says, AND you dont see this as being a contradiction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or