U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2017, 07:22 AM

14 posts, read 9,832 times

Advertisements

Being involved in this <group> for several years I keep a watch on them. They are in actual neg decline in much of Europe and in the US where they were born they are in decline year over year and the actual increase is very small. The graph is not good for the cult .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c01Z...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by mensaguy; 11-26-2017 at 05:10 PM.. Reason: Let's not call them a cult.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2017, 08:05 AM

20,932 posts, read 10,843,628 times
No tears from this corner.

Old 11-26-2017, 08:24 AM

31,557 posts, read 7,274,421 times
The sooner they become open to public scrutiny and investigation and the enormity of this deluded and exploitative cult is shown to the world, the better. And Scientology is next on the list.

Old 11-26-2017, 08:24 AM

19,808 posts, read 21,639,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlingtops View Post
Being involved in this cult for several years I keep a watch on them. They are in actual neg decline in much of Europe and in the US where they were born they are in decline year over year and the actual increase is very small. The graph is not good for the cult .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c01Z...ature=youtu.be
sounds like most evangelical churches that preach FEAR and HATE to their congregations.

Old 11-26-2017, 09:26 AM

4,090 posts, read 1,272,009 times
thanks for the link. I hadn't seen that one. I like where he explained the emblems to people outside the group. Back when I was being brought up in the sect(70s&80s) baptism was usually expected beginning in the teenage years. I can't even imagine how the old timers are squaring baptism at 8 years being pushed now. They used to pride themselves on poking fun at the infant baptisms of other faiths. Another troubling thing was the change in the baptism questions beginning in 1985. Before then they used to baptize in the name of "the Father, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit". Since 85 it has been "the Father, Jesus, and His spirit lead organization( the Watchtower Bible and tract society of Pennsylvania)".

Old 11-26-2017, 09:39 AM

4,090 posts, read 1,272,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
The sooner they become open to public scrutiny and investigation and the enormity of this deluded and exploitative cult is shown to the world, the better. And Scientology is next on the list.
Scientology is up to bat currently. A&E has a series featuring Leah Remini:

Watch Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath Season 2 Online | A&E

ExJws are hoping that they do one on the Watchtower next. When you expose one you help expose them all. People start to notice the similarities in their own group and begin to question. The man that made the video in the OP started to realize what the Watchtower was by watching a video on the Wesboro Baptist church.

Old 11-26-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Scientology is up to bat currently. A&E has a series featuring Leah Remini:

Watch Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath Season 2 Online | A&E

ExJws are hoping that they do one on the Watchtower next. When you expose one you help expose them all. People start to notice the similarities in their own group and begin to question. The man that made the video in the OP started to realize what the Watchtower was by watching a video on the Wesboro Baptist church.
I watched both seasons. Scientology is a lot like JWs in how they use fear and family disconnection as a tool to keep the rank and file in line. She has a lot of bitterness and for good reason as do I against the JWs. I have seen their ideology kill people in no blood transfusions and tear my family apart. I have seen how my father in law who once worked for GM quit his job in the mid 70s and move to north Michigan where the "need was great" to preach. Now he lives on SS only no pension and no saved investments. I saw the stay alive till 75 and many quit jobs to preach. Then 75 came and went and as usual nothing happened but a lot of peoples lives destroyed.

Old 11-27-2017, 05:36 AM

19,808 posts, read 21,639,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlingtops View Post
I watched both seasons. Scientology is a lot like JWs in how they use fear and family disconnection as a tool to keep the rank and file in line. She has a lot of bitterness and for good reason as do I against the JWs. I have seen their ideology kill people in no blood transfusions and tear my family apart. I have seen how my father in law who once worked for GM quit his job in the mid 70s and move to north Michigan where the "need was great" to preach. Now he lives on SS only no pension and no saved investments. I saw the stay alive till 75 and many quit jobs to preach. Then 75 came and went and as usual nothing happened but a lot of peoples lives destroyed.
Remember, it was not the JWs that wreaked havoc, it was family members who DECIDED to follow the group.

NO ONE ELSE IS TO BLAME..

Old 11-27-2017, 06:53 AM

11,736 posts, read 4,299,328 times
Good to hear.

Hopefully other cult-like denominations are next.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Remember, it was not the JWs that wreaked havoc, it was family members who DECIDED to follow the group.

NO ONE ELSE IS TO BLAME..
There is some truth in that but still the cult has a lot of responsibility. Yes people decided to follow Jim Jones but ultimately he was responsible for their death. From my own experience the internet is the single most thing that has helped people find out the truth about the JW <church>. Before that there was little in the way of connecting to anyone who knew their history. Now you can do a little digging on line and find out the truth of how the <church> started. From the wheat scandal to CT Russell and his divorce and then to Judge Ruthaford who took over the cult almost exactly as Miscavideg took over Scientology, by legal force. All the dates that were wrong and how they predicted the end of the world so many times. How they have never been right on anything they predicted.

Last edited by mensaguy; 11-27-2017 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: Quit calling a church a cult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or