Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-09-2017, 02:09 PM

50,087 posts, read 20,712,695 times

Advertisements

Well I had a look and I could see nothing about Stephen Hawking arging for a flat earth other than a looney conspiracy theory that he was being paid to cover it up and a flat earth believer site saying that he doesn't argue for a flat earth but says we'll have to leave this round one or die.

So you'd better substantiate that claim with some examples, or withreraw the claim or lose significat respectability, which i can tell you is in a knife ege right now.

And Lane Craig has been debunked too many times for me to want to watch a video of him speaking. If he is making any points worth following up, please whet our interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2017, 07:31 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal77 View Post
Obviously, you didn't understand the original question of this thread? You guys can't stay on track. You're too busy blasting your own "wisdom." BTW, God mocks the wisdom of man.
I tired to remain on track several posts ago by asking you to point out specific post numbers in this thread where you feel Christ was being discredited. Not religion. Not religious people. But Christ himself. You didn't respond.

You still may.

Old 12-09-2017, 07:47 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,302,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I tired to remain on track several posts ago by asking you to point out specific post numbers in this thread where you feel Christ was being discredited. Not religion. Not religious people. But Christ himself. You didn't respond.

You still may.
I thought the OP opened this thread because of discredit of Christ found in the Christianity subforum - not this thread.

Old 12-09-2017, 07:50 PM

50,787 posts, read 24,297,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
I thought the OP opened this thread because of discredit of Christ found in the Christianity subforum - not this thread.
Okay. But you're missing the point. The OP is welcome to show us specific posts where CHRIST is discredited. I won't say there aren't any in the overall forum, but they are very few and far between. Yet, he says there are "so many atheists come out of their way to come here to attempt to discredit Christ". I haven't seen many at all.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:13 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
He'd be hard-pressed to find any examples there either.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:36 PM

79 posts, read 48,219 times
When I was a Christian I came to this forum. Now that I'm not a Christian I still come to this forum.

Conclusion: I like the subject.

Old 12-09-2017, 10:39 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Quote:
Yeah? Hitler claimed some Christian faith at the start of his reign only to gain support.
Ah! So would that be the same as people like Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao etc not being 'real' atheists?

Old 12-10-2017, 02:16 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,649,477 times
Quote:
After reading some of the posts on this forum, I thought it odd that so many atheists come out of their way to come here to attempt to discredit Christ.

If I were an atheist, I wouldn't care. Nothing like this would matter.

I mean, why would I care about what someone else believes?

In fact, some of them can get downright rude about it. But for some reason, atheists feel they have the right to do it.

Could it be they are searching for the truth?

Or maybe they see the truth, but they're fighting to submit to the one true God?

For all the atheists who lurk here, what do you say?
Doesn't matter.
Trying to discredit that Man is like trying to discredit gravity, or the Sun.
His effect is undeniable and irrefutable. So influential, we mark the date by his birth...and the example for conduct and interaction that is the standard by which all others are judged.
Any attempt to discredit just makes them look biased and foolish.
They only do it out of ignorance or angst. Though it is amusing at times to read some of it.

Old 12-10-2017, 02:43 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,325,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
In blue
The number of reported rapes in Sweden has risen. But the definition of rape has broadened over time, which makes it difficult to compare the figures. It is also misleading to compare the figures with other countries, as many acts that are considered rape under Swedish law are not considered rape in many other countries.

For example: If a woman in Sweden reports that she has been raped by her husband every night for a year, that is counted as 365 separate offences; in most other countries this would be registered as a single offence, or would not be registered as an offence at all.

Willingness to report such offences also differs dramatically between countries. A culture in which these crimes are talked about openly, and victims are not blamed, will also have more cases reported. Sweden has made a conscious effort to encourage women to report any offence.

Facts about migration and crime in Sweden - Government.se

About our suicide rates:

https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/...de-prevention/

Old 12-10-2017, 05:16 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,725 times
Quote:
Yeah? Hitler claimed some Christian faith at the start of his reign only to gain support. Later, he was surely anti-Christian and anti-Jewish. Many think he was an atheist.
Everyone killing in Hitlers name were true loving christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality