U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-29-2017, 01:52 PM
 
230 posts, read 110,168 times
Reputation: 171

Advertisements

After reading some of the posts on this forum, I thought it odd that so many atheists come out of their way to come here to attempt to discredit Christ.

If I were an atheist, I wouldn't care. Nothing like this would matter.

I mean, why would I care about what someone else believes?

In fact, some of them can get downright rude about it. But for some reason, atheists feel they have the right to do it.

Could it be they are searching for the truth?

Or maybe they see the truth, but they're fighting to submit to the one true God?

For all the atheists who lurk here, what do you say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-29-2017, 01:53 PM
 
2,928 posts, read 1,106,471 times
Reputation: 2055
Part of the atheist doctrine is that there are no consequences. So an atheist will be prone to do whatever makes them feel good even at the cost of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2017, 01:57 PM
 
Location: Ft Myers, FL
1,831 posts, read 811,358 times
Reputation: 3288
My take is the atheists who visit the Religion and Spirituality forum aren't satisfied with mere non-belief, they don't want believers to believe either.

Last edited by Corvette Ministries; 11-29-2017 at 02:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2017, 02:06 PM
 
230 posts, read 110,168 times
Reputation: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Part of the atheist doctrine is that there are no consequences. So an atheist will be prone to do whatever makes them feel good even at the cost of others.
Absolutely. No consequences to anything with that belief. So who cares what happens to anyone as long as you don't end up in jail or punished here on earth, right?

Jesus is the only thing that keeps all of this in check.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2017, 02:13 PM
 
16,466 posts, read 8,401,067 times
Reputation: 1392
Perhaps, they just want you to take some responsibility for your own thoughts, deeds and actions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2017, 02:21 PM
Status: "Totally hep to the cultural jive." (set 1 day ago)
 
Location: Ontario, Canada
21,902 posts, read 11,339,857 times
Reputation: 10196
I'm not an atheist but I can play one on a message board.

Atheists do not feel the need to discredit Christ. They are however, appalled that supposedly-educated people in the 21st century can believe that Genesis is true and a Daddy-God is totally into slapping non-believers into an eternal fire.

Atheists fight ignorance and intolerance - both of which flourish in this section of CD.

And, as I scan the posts above mine (aside from Jerwade's) that ignorance is on full display.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2017, 02:24 PM
 
2,928 posts, read 1,106,471 times
Reputation: 2055
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm not an atheist but I can play one on a message board.

Atheists do not feel the need to discredit Christ. They are however, appalled that supposedly-educated people in the 21st century can believe that Genesis is true and a Daddy-God is totally into slapping non-believers into an eternal fire.

Atheists fight ignorance and intolerance - both of which flourish in this section of CD.

And, as I scan the posts above mine (aside from Jerwade's) that ignorance is on full display.
That's not ignorance, it's reality. Atheism is the belief that there are no consequences in the afterlife, as you merely cease to exist.

This is awfully empowering because if you become very powerful on earth, you can do whatever you want without consequence.

You will realize this as automation eventually makes 99% of the human population unemployable. Then you will see the REAL atheists rise to power.

Their version of righteousness will differ significantly from yours. Christianity provides a foundation for righteousness. Humanity has proven time and time again, that it is clearly not righteous in accordance to the teachings of Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2017, 02:27 PM
 
Location: WV and Eastport, ME
9,899 posts, read 10,076,357 times
Reputation: 6712
I'm moving this thread from the Christianity (where the existence of God and Jesus is assumed) to the main Religion and Spirituality forum where this type of discussion is more appropriate.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2017, 02:28 PM
 
16,466 posts, read 8,401,067 times
Reputation: 1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
That's not ignorance, it's reality. Atheism is the belief that there are no consequences in the afterlife, as you merely cease to exist.

This is awfully empowering because if you become very powerful on earth, you can do whatever you want without consequence.

You will realize this as automation eventually makes 99% of the human population unemployable. Then you will see the REAL atheists rise to power.

Their version of righteousness will differ significantly from yours. Christianity provides a foundation for righteousness. Humanity has proven time and time again, that it is clearly not righteous in accordance to the teachings of Christ.
Nonsense. Your view of humanity is limited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2017, 02:32 PM
 
Location: WV and Eastport, ME
9,899 posts, read 10,076,357 times
Reputation: 6712
Go read the FAQ in the Sticky thread in the Atheism & Agnosticism sub-forum. I did NOT write it. Several of the member collaborated on it and ask us (the moderators) to post it for them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Part of the atheist doctrine is that there are no consequences. So an atheist will be prone to do whatever makes them feel good even at the cost of others.
There is no such thing as an Atheist doctrine. Ask them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
That's not ignorance, it's reality. Atheism is the belief that there are no consequences in the afterlife, as you merely cease to exist.

This is awfully empowering because if you become very powerful on earth, you can do whatever you want without consequence.

You will realize this as automation eventually makes 99% of the human population unemployable. Then you will see the REAL atheists rise to power.

Their version of righteousness will differ significantly from yours. Christianity provides a foundation for righteousness. Humanity has proven time and time again, that it is clearly not righteous in accordance to the teachings of Christ.
Atheism, by definition, has nothing to do with consequences. The term means exactly one thing: No belief in any God. Anything further is beyond the scope of Atheism.
__________________
Moderator posts are in RED.
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top