Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 12:36 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
As disgusting as this reality may be to you, Matadora, we humans ARE superior to the other species in very real and demonstrable ways.
Really? Are we as strong as an elephant; can we run as fast as a cheetah; can we fly like an eagle; is our eyesight as good as a hawk; can we swim as well as an otter; is our sense of smell as good as a dog? No. We excel in only one thing...intelligence...and looking at the mess we've made of the planet, I'm not convinced that we in fact do excel in intelligence.

Go out onto the African plains without food, water and clothing. Let us see if you survive longer than even the basest insect that buzzes around your head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2017, 02:54 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Apart from the existence of the living God and His Holy angels there is No life outside of the earth , the universe is completely sterile , and what ever science believe or hopes they will be proven wrong time and time again .........See God spirit told me that the universe is sterile these are His Words ....... Even though Science and people who side with atheistic science will undermine religion with their ideas .......

Old 12-20-2017, 05:12 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
We excel in only one thing...intelligence...and looking at the mess we've made of the planet, I'm not convinced that we in fact do excel in intelligence.
I just dug this up, you just might be right on this point, Rafi.

Old 12-20-2017, 06:12 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Why hasn’t Satan and 1/3 of his budies pretend to be extraterrestrials to test humans and their faith/beliefs.

Seems to me that would be a great and easy way for Satan to sway some jesus/god/ghost believers.

Jesus/god/ghost messing with Satan’s free will?

Old 12-20-2017, 06:29 AM

18,494 posts, read 9,161,666 times
The real question is, will scientists eventually discover intelligent life on planet earth?

Old 12-20-2017, 06:59 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
The real question is, will scientists eventually discover intelligent life on planet earth?
The universe is teeming with intelligent life, evidenced by the fact that none of it has bothered to come here.

Old 12-20-2017, 07:03 AM

1,704 posts, read 749,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Now, PLEASE understand one thing. What i said above is about Supreme Intelligence. What some refer to as god. Religion and faith have very little in common. Faith is commune with Supreme Intelligence. Religion is spiritual politics. I condone none.
No! Faith is merely a hope that your guess is the correct one. Sort of like placing a bet on a horse.

However, when it comes to religion, I'm betting that all are placing their bets on the last horse to finish...

Religion is the magnitude of conviction "felt" about the bet being placed.
Sorta like "knowing" that the odds are in your favor when you wear your lucky T-shirt to your baseball team's championship game.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:00 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
It depends entirely on what our new friends have to say when they are introduced to the people of earth for the first time.

They could claim to be our creators, or had some hand in it...I think this would spark a big problem for all religions, or what if some of what they started saying, conflicted with the general history we are all taught, how would most people respond to that?

Im not sure we will ever reach this point though, if they are our creators, they probably wouldnt bother with an introduction to us, we would be nothing more than lab rats to them, it would be like the scientist in the white coat explaining the purpose of the testing to the lab rat!! Point is, it would be beyond what the rat could ever comprehend, so no real point in attempting it.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:01 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
I mean after all, Christian dogma is that god crafted man in His own image and likeness - but if intelligent beings exist in the universe what does that mean? I'd argue that that means life is much more a product of evolution and probability than some god. Intelligent life would completely topple the entire dogma of many religions.
Who created it and how did it get there?

Old 12-20-2017, 08:44 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,260,344 times
Quote:
You can argue about the destructive versus constructive impacts our DOMINANCE wreaked upon the animal kingdom and the planet, but you can NOT refute our superiority and dominance over every species on the planet.
Do you realize we don't even know of the existence of or do we interact with most animal species on this planet...so tell me how we have dominance over something we don't even know exits or that we don't interact with? There are many creatures in the ocean that no human has ever interacted with or that we even know exits.
Quote:
Not silly, FACT.
False assertion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality