U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 12:14 AM

10,007 posts, read 4,144,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I've cut out coffee again. It makes me super jittery!
I wish I could relate but alas I can't!

I am high energy innately...I don't need stimulants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2017, 02:11 AM

8,161 posts, read 9,363,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicTraveler21 View Post
I have been considering taking mushrooms in order to have an experience of an expansion of consciousness and hopefully a connection to my higher power. I've never tried any psychedelics before but I have experienced bliss, oneness, and divine love. That, however, only lasted a few weeks and I have longed for it ever since as it has changed my entire perspective on love and life.

My question to you is: Have you tried mushrooms or other psychedelics? If so, what was your experience?
Have you tried ecstasy/mdma?

Old 12-31-2017, 11:43 AM

6,178 posts, read 1,500,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
You did not experience "pure bliss".
You experienced altered state of mind.
That is IT.
Thereafter, as it was a very pleasant state, you imagined that it was opening into higher this and that and, as the result, your justifier mind is now trying to justify further use of mind altering substances again.

I did see your remark that you do not "need" it but, be aware that this exactly how every junky to be started. Oh no, not me. Oh nop, I do not need it. oh now, not this or that.

Altered state of mind is VERY dangerous as you are messing with the most precious a human has.
Also, you are looking into a shortcut. you "meditated", did some other things, that did not bring you immediate result. So you gave up and went for other means. This is ego mind game again, full steam in motion.

Mediate. This is THE ONLY true way.
Thats what they want you to believe.

There is something about these drugs though, that is different, its why Govt has experimented with them (in secret of course) over the years.

Tell me, you can at least recognize why a Govt would seek to discredit to criminalize a type of drug that results in reaching a higher state of being? You should be able to see why they would not want many people experiencing this.

Old 12-31-2017, 04:25 PM

12,424 posts, read 13,084,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post

There is something about these drugs though, that is different, its why Govt has experimented with them (in secret of course) over the years.

Tell me, you can at least recognize why a Govt would seek to discredit to criminalize a type of drug that results in reaching a higher state of being? You should be able to see why they would not want many people experiencing this.
its not a higher state of being
its an addiction

don't dress up trash and poison as anything other than what it is, toxic and destructive

there are no shortcuts.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:20 AM

6,178 posts, read 1,500,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
its not a higher state of being
its an addiction

don't dress up trash and poison as anything other than what it is, toxic and destructive

there are no shortcuts.
If they were nothing more than addictive chemicals that got people high, why would the Govt involved in so many secret experiments using these drugs? MK Ultra used LSD and other such drugs in many of their experiments, of the 70+ sub-projects of MKU, some of them were seeking access to abilities like remote viewing, telekinesis, etc, using these drugs in the process.

My point being, they must have known something about these drugs that led them to believe it was something more than a just a drug to get people high, not to mention, these experiments went on for decades, and its only recently that their existence was declassified.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:49 AM

27,903 posts, read 33,419,281 times
You should watch this: https://youtu.be/mPqWstVnRjQ
https://youtu.be/XI5frPV58tY

Old 01-01-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:

The “higher state of being” that you speak of is simply sensory overload. These drugs open up the mind to allow the user to notice things they would not normally notice due to evolutionary pressures that sought out survival over complete (or as complete as possible with a finite brain) awareness. There’s something similar that happens in humans naturally called aura seizures or aura continua. These are prolonged seizures that sometimes result in highly sensitized near psychedelic seizures that change the perceptions of the world around the sufferer. A similar occurrence happens in highly stressed individuals from prolonged exposure to stress like a workaholic experiences. It’s easily dismissed as an sibilitating disease but I believe there’s more to it than that. Something more fundamental going on that opens the mind to the world around us. For example, the human body has evolved to only visualize .004% of the electromagnetic radiation around us. If you could see more your body would go into overload rapidly.

Anyways, here is a video explaining the evolutionary outcomes of surviving and the completeness of knowledge and information:

https://youtu.be/6eWG7x_6Y5U

Old 01-01-2018, 11:19 AM

Quote:
If they were nothing more than addictive chemicals that got people high, why would the Govt involved in so many secret experiments using these drugs? MK Ultra used LSD and other such drugs in many of their experiments, of the 70+ sub-projects of MKU, some of them were seeking access to abilities like remote viewing, telekinesis, etc, using these drugs in the process.

My point being, they must have known something about these drugs that led them to believe it was something more than a just a drug to get people high, not to mention, these experiments went on for decades, and its only recently that their existence was declassified.
I’d suggest being very careful in your desire to become completely aware. All computational models point to death by the more aware you become. Our bodies simply are not made to take in all the information around us. To make things even wierder, and to speak purely on a fortifications level, if you could become aware of everything around you, like a higher dimensional being, your world would look like a jumbled mess of wave interference patterns. In other words the entire universe would look like one jumbled Bose-Einstein condensate (look it up if you’re not sure what that is).

Old 01-01-2018, 12:12 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,395,972 times
Quote:
I can totally relate to you! Weed gave me massive panic attacks and I had one right in the middle of Washington Square Park. Had to call 911 to come get me because I thought I was dying, and this was only off 2 or 3 puffs. Needless to say, weed isn't for me although I did enjoy the feeling of awe, inspiration, and love it gave me. I too, am really afraid of having a bad trip. It's probably the biggest reason I haven't tried it yet. If I do end up trying shrooms I will make sure that I'm in a pleasant mood, good atmosphere, and have someone present with me so I don't run around naked down the streets of NYC.
If cannabis is made you feel like you were dying to the point you called 911, psychedelics may not be for you. Cannabis is very mild and relatively short lived compared to the roller coaster ride that real psychedelics can take you on.

For example on higher doses, you actually may really "die", and see yourself float above your body on your way to meet god. But first, you have to battle and defeat his army of demon dragons to get to him. Once you've completed that and finally meet god, who actually lives behind the refrigerator by the way, you are not impressed. He explains he's just really bored and lonely and admits to not really doing a good job and asks you to take over. Even though you almost feel bad for the guy, you have to respectfully decline as it's time to return to Earth. You land on your front lawn laying on your back in the grass looking up at the stars. At that point you realize there really is no difference between the grass, you and the stars. Your whole reality and everything you thought was real, literally shatters into pieces in front of you.

Trust me, you really don't want to be calling 911 at this point claiming that you think you're dying and really need some officers over right away to help you subdue the dragon in your bedroom.

You wake up the next day, with a whole new experience many will never have. You try to tell and teach the others all of the beautiful new things and ideas and perspectives you've learned but they just look at you like you're a crazy guy who took too much acid .

One thing is for sure, you're never quite the same afterwards.

Old 01-01-2018, 01:00 PM

13,272 posts, read 4,233,174 times
Quote:
I can totally relate to you! Weed gave me massive panic attacks and I had one right in the middle of Washington Square Park. Had to call 911 to come get me because I thought I was dying, and this was only off 2 or 3 puffs. Needless to say, weed isn't for me although I did enjoy the feeling of awe, inspiration, and love it gave me. I too, am really afraid of having a bad trip. It's probably the biggest reason I haven't tried it yet. If I do end up trying shrooms I will make sure that I'm in a pleasant mood, good atmosphere, and have someone present with me so I don't run around naked down the streets of NYC.
I never did mushrooms, all my friends did it all the time. I did acid 4 times which is the same as mushrooms. The first time I did it, it was the greatest day I had, the second time I did it, it was the worst day I ever had. The third time began cool and turned into a nightmare, and the 4th, I almost killed myself.

You might have a great time, meh, or maybe you will really kill yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality