U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 03:07 PM

5,487 posts, read 6,428,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If they were nothing more than addictive chemicals that got people high, why would the Govt involved in so many secret experiments using these drugs?
Because there are almost as many idiots in 'government' as there are posting stupid crap on web forums.

Quote:
MK Ultra used LSD and other such drugs in many of their experiments, of the 70+ sub-projects of MKU, some of them were seeking access to abilities like remote viewing, telekinesis, etc, using these drugs in the process.
Yes, and the program was an utter failure. They discovered that none of that crap worked, and that the drugs did absolutely nothing to improve the situation.

Quote:
My point being, they must have known something about these drugs that led them to believe it was something more than a just a drug to get people high...
No, they didn't know any such thing, they were shooting arrows in the dark. Somebody came up with a stupid idea and had access to 'black hole' dollars to screw around. It was kept classified even long afterward, because it was highly embarrassing to have it known that they conducted unauthorized experiments on unwitting citizens. The very fact that they couldn't cover it up forever goes a long way to pointing out why ridiculous 'conspiracy theories' are simply impossible- because somebody, somewhere is going to spill the beans sooner or later.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2018, 04:32 PM

27,903 posts, read 33,424,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I never did mushrooms, all my friends did it all the time. I did acid 4 times which is the same as mushrooms. The first time I did it, it was the greatest day I had, the second time I did it, it was the worst day I ever had. The third time began cool and turned into a nightmare, and the 4th, I almost killed myself.

You might have a great time, meh, or maybe you will really kill yourself.
They’re not the same. The chemical structures and effects are quite different.

Old 01-01-2018, 08:20 PM

13,279 posts, read 4,233,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
They’re not the same. The chemical structures and effects are quite different.
I guess your right, but they gotta be really close. I mean that having a bad trip is not exclusive to acid, I just figure a bad trip on drugs like this can be the same. It terrified me, I just wouldn't recommend it. If it is possible to have a bad trip on Mushrooms, people should try and realize just what a bad trip means, because when it is bad, I mean it is bad.

Old 01-01-2018, 09:03 PM

37,496 posts, read 25,232,088 times
Quote:
I guess your right, but they gotta be really close. I mean that having a bad trip is not exclusive to acid, I just figure a bad trip on drugs like this can be the same. It terrified me, I just wouldn't recommend it. If it is possible to have a bad trip on Mushrooms, people should try and realize just what a bad trip means, because when it is bad, I mean it is bad.
The result of any such experimentation with drug-induced altered states is highly dependent upon the circumstances under which the experiment is conducted, the emotional maturity of the subject, and the degree of control they have over their mental state. This is why the formal experiments had "guides" present to influence and control the experiences. The lack of control under the effects of the drug is what makes them dangerous. NOT a good idea. Extensive meditation practice aided by biofeedback is the preferred method of achieving altered states under conscious control (sober).

Old 01-02-2018, 09:45 AM

6,183 posts, read 1,505,357 times
Quote:
I never did mushrooms, all my friends did it all the time. I did acid 4 times which is the same as mushrooms. The first time I did it, it was the greatest day I had, the second time I did it, it was the worst day I ever had. The third time began cool and turned into a nightmare, and the 4th, I almost killed myself.

You might have a great time, meh, or maybe you will really kill yourself.
MY group of friends back in the early 90s, when we were around 16-17 yr old, we were doing ALOT of acid, my best friend at the time was doing almost 10 each night, since he was using every day, he had to keep taking more.

One night 5 of us went back to his house late one night, he was starting to freak out (bad trip), and picked up the phone to call 911, but then hung up...well about 30 minutes later, we have police, fire, EMTs, banging at the door, waking his parents up. we were all freaked out now, they strapped him down and took him to the hospital, (he was fine the next day.)

I clearly remember when the police were talking to me, I was on so much acid, everytime the cop spoke, words came out of his mouth like those comic strip bubbles and i could not help but laugh at this, they interrogated me and the others for about an hour, kept asking where the rest of the drugs were, thankfully our sheets of acid were back at my GFs house, and we had nothing else on us.

Eventually after not being able to find anything to arrest us on, they told us to get lost, we had to leave the house and start walking at 4 am. We walked up to a shopping center payphone and eventually got another friend to come get us.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:41 AM

1,294 posts, read 555,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicTraveler21 View Post
I have been considering taking mushrooms in order to have an experience of an expansion of consciousness and hopefully a connection to my higher power. I've never tried any psychedelics before but I have experienced bliss, oneness, and divine love. That, however, only lasted a few weeks and I have longed for it ever since as it has changed my entire perspective on love and life.

My question to you is: Have you tried mushrooms or other psychedelics? If so, what was your experience?
Someone I met (friend of a cousin's friend or something) has tried a few. I believe the list was DMT, LSD, STP, mushrooms, ketamine, and a couple other weird things like 25i, 25b, 25c and 25d. The message I got from him was that he wouldn't recommend anyone go dabbling around in random substances like he did. Fortunately he was willing to tell me a broad overview of experiences that I'll be happy to share.

I want to emphasize that I am not and will not recommend anyone take a substance that is not legal where they live and do not do so myself. I will be happy to answer questions; but that's all.

So his experiences...

25i/25c/25b: I was told colors were overlayed on the real world. He seemed to like the experience a lot. He said there's a certain mindset that's very prevalent on these as well as LSD and light doses of DMT where his thoughts would jump around to random topics and connect ideas that didn't really make sense. Sounded pretty amusing to me. Sounded like nothing particularly religious was involved in this experience.

25d: I was told he tried this on three occasions to check and double check how bad it was the first time. Similar as 25i/25c/25b but much more intense and darker feeling.

Mushrooms: Seemed to be his least favorite. He only tried it once and who knows how much he took, so who knows. But he said it's the psychedelic thought process of random ideas bouncing around but without any visuals.

DMT: Given that he talked about the general topic for several hours and DMT for 80% of the time, I gathered that this was probably the best experience. He said he did it two to three times a day for months. This was incomparable to any of the other substances in terms of visuals. He emphasized repeatedly that unlike the other substances he was literally shot out of his body and spent time in other worlds where he could see everything crystal clear. Sounded pretty amazing to me. Definitely the closest thing to a religious experience.

LSD/DMT: He never did LSD on it's own, but he did seem to have taken liberal doses of DMT while on 5 tabs of LSD Message I got was this was the pinnacle of his experiences and also the end of them.

Soo... my personal thoughts? Seems like if you want a spiritual experience nothing would come close to DMT. Who knows though? This also sounds like the MOST subjective experience you can possibly have. I would say though that if you're going to try something, be in a safe place with someone you thoroughly trust and understand.

Old 01-02-2018, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Scientist just synthesized the enzyme in psilocybin not that long ago. There are medical uses that seem hopeful. One use that shows promise is a sort of “reset” for depression. Others are for anxiety and even possibly a treatment for addiction to nicotine.

https://cen.acs.org/articles/95/web/...ry-solved.html

Old 01-02-2018, 05:44 PM

Before I’d suggest doing psychoactive drugs I would suggest studying physics. Not knowing the knowledge base of the OP you could start with classes in your local community college. From there you could keep up to date with publications like Quanta Magazine and Cosmos. If you’re into video Standford, MIT, and a slew of other higher educational resources are available on YouTube. Then there’s PBS who has PBS Space-Time and PBS Crash Courses. The Royal Society has a learning channel on YouTube as well that delves into physics. Then of course you have all of the physics journals. I think you’d find out way more about the nature of consciousness and nature itself than you would by eating mushrooms. It might not be as fun but you’ll certainly gain a much better understanding of the world around you. You’d be surprised just how little most people even know about the basics of physics like entropy and how that influences everything around you like “time” and the flow and direction of energy. And of course the other laws of thermodynamics. Maybe once you have a good understanding of those things then you could dabble in psychedelics and the world around you might actually make more sense and not seem so scary when your senses are overwhelmed. One of the most profound theories, to me at least, is chaos theory. Once you learn about it you’ll learn that even the most minor of choices or inputs into the system being study can have profound effects. Some know it by the butterfly effect. Once you understand it you’ll understand that every single thing you do, no matter how insignificant it might seems, matters. That’s the definition of a meangiful life. Every. Thing. You. Do. Matters.

This is not a recommendation to use illegal drugs but if you’re hellbent on doing so I’d suggest testing out how strong your mind actually is by understanding the world around you first to the degree possible before you jump head-first over the cliff of reality.

https://youtu.be/sMb00lz-IfE
https://youtu.be/9rIy0xY99a0
https://youtu.be/ZsY4WcQOrfk
https://youtu.be/fCn8zs912OE

Something interesting to think about:

“Did you ever wonder where the 1.08 comes from? The "magic number" 1.08 is a convenience constant. It is basically a bunch of math combined into one factor as a short cut. When you multiply the airflow by 60 to get airflow per hour, multiply by the density of air 0.075 pounds per cubic foot to convert volume to weight, and multiply by the specific heat of air 0.24, you end up with 1.08. The factor is often rounded to 1.1 because it makes the math easier.”

When you watch that last video, if you do, look for the constant 1.08.

Last edited by BigJon3475; 01-02-2018 at 07:02 PM..

Old 01-03-2018, 09:45 AM

6,183 posts, read 1,505,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Because there are almost as many idiots in 'government' as there are posting stupid crap on web forums.

Yes, and the program was an utter failure. They discovered that none of that crap worked, and that the drugs did absolutely nothing to improve the situation.

No, they didn't know any such thing, they were shooting arrows in the dark. Somebody came up with a stupid idea and had access to 'black hole' dollars to screw around. It was kept classified even long afterward, because it was highly embarrassing to have it known that they conducted unauthorized experiments on unwitting citizens. The very fact that they couldn't cover it up forever goes a long way to pointing out why ridiculous 'conspiracy theories' are simply impossible- because somebody, somewhere is going to spill the beans sooner or later.
Most of the MKU projects failed, but they did have some success in certain areas.

Old 01-03-2018, 12:02 PM

136 posts, read 56,888 times
I appreciate all the replies. I think for the time being, I'm just going to focus on improving on my meditation techniques and do some research on "biofeedback" because I don't know what that is. I do believe that I have all the answers I seek already within me and it's just a matter of adjusting my focus. Another reason for not trying the shrooms, is that I am terrified of having a bad trip! It would not be worth the risk to me.

Thanks again for all the replies. Lots of good ideas and insight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality