U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 12:34 PM

10,855 posts, read 3,465,471 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
MY group of friends back in the early 90s, when we were around 16-17 yr old, we were doing ALOT of acid, my best friend at the time was doing almost 10 each night, since he was using every day, he had to keep taking more.

One night 5 of us went back to his house late one night, he was starting to freak out (bad trip), and picked up the phone to call 911, but then hung up...well about 30 minutes later, we have police, fire, EMTs, banging at the door, waking his parents up. we were all freaked out now, they strapped him down and took him to the hospital, (he was fine the next day.)

I clearly remember when the police were talking to me, I was on so much acid, everytime the cop spoke, words came out of his mouth like those comic strip bubbles and i could not help but laugh at this, they interrogated me and the others for about an hour, kept asking where the rest of the drugs were, thankfully our sheets of acid were back at my GFs house, and we had nothing else on us.

Eventually after not being able to find anything to arrest us on, they told us to get lost, we had to leave the house and start walking at 4 am. We walked up to a shopping center payphone and eventually got another friend to come get us.
O Lord, OMG, I would have been freaking out, who needs the police when your tripping? In high school they handed out little tiny pieces of paper with acid, then I did some purple haze, and then something else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 07:11 AM

3,036 posts, read 743,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
O Lord, OMG, I would have been freaking out, who needs the police when your tripping? In high school they handed out little tiny pieces of paper with acid, then I did some purple haze, and then something else.
My friend that called 911, said the next day, he was calling for an ambulance, not the police, but with 911, they both come.

We were all freaking out during this, my friend was really having a bad trip, I think he would have killed himself had he not been taken to the hospital. This was extremely strong white blotter acid, we had gone to a Grateful dead show/ campground to get it, we bought 5 sheets, and they were soaking wet when we bought them!

Our intention was to sell it all, but between us and our large group of friends, we ended up partying on it/ trading for other drugs, thru out that summer!! It was a crazy time back then, but most of it was good times thankfully.

All the LSD I took did have a permanent effect on me though, It happened suddenly one night, I was dating and living with this really good looking and nice girl at the time, after using so much acid, when she tried to get lovey-dovey on me one night, something in my mind changed, after that, I could not stand to be around her, she made me sick to my stomach, it was something about the affection, and my perception of it (hard to explain). Whatever happened, it was permanent though. Its the main reason why I choose not to be in any serious relationships.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:02 AM

14,026 posts, read 8,057,935 times
Quote:
All the LSD I took did have a permanent effect on me though.
It can happen. My wife is sensitive to even some prescription drugs. She was given some Lunesta once to help her sleep and it caused weird auditory hallucinations (she heard elaborate classical music) that persisted after she stopped taking the meds and she still has a tendency to these once in awhile, a full decade or more later. She never experienced this before. This is not listed as a side effect of that drug, either.

Sometimes I think drugs make connections in the brain (or perhaps break down inhibitions to connections) and this has unintended side effects in some people. It's why I'm a minimalist and cautious about anything I put in my body, legal or not.

Old 01-05-2018, 08:40 AM

2,239 posts, read 838,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicTraveler21 View Post
I have been considering taking mushrooms in order to have an experience of an expansion of consciousness and hopefully a connection to my higher power. I've never tried any psychedelics before but I have experienced bliss, oneness, and divine love. That, however, only lasted a few weeks and I have longed for it ever since as it has changed my entire perspective on love and life.

My question to you is: Have you tried mushrooms or other psychedelics? If so, what was your experience?
If there is a "higher power" and he/she/it wants to get in touch with you, then he/she/it will get in touch with you. Chemically altering your brain can only give you false experiences. But be my guest. At least admit that you are doing it for the experience. And be aware that chemically altering your brain contains inherent risks. Personally I have enough trouble attempting to maintain a clear thought process when my brain has NOT been altered with chemicals or alcohol. Any experience I might have while under the influence would be suspect anyway.

Old 01-05-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
My friend that called 911, said the next day, he was calling for an ambulance, not the police, but with 911, they both come.

We were all freaking out during this, my friend was really having a bad trip, I think he would have killed himself had he not been taken to the hospital. This was extremely strong white blotter acid, we had gone to a Grateful dead show/ campground to get it, we bought 5 sheets, and they were soaking wet when we bought them!

Our intention was to sell it all, but between us and our large group of friends, we ended up partying on it/ trading for other drugs, thru out that summer!! It was a crazy time back then, but most of it was good times thankfully.

All the LSD I took did have a permanent effect on me though, It happened suddenly one night, I was dating and living with this really good looking and nice girl at the time, after using so much acid, when she tried to get lovey-dovey on me one night, something in my mind changed, after that, I could not stand to be around her, she made me sick to my stomach, it was something about the affection, and my perception of it (hard to explain). Whatever happened, it was permanent though. Its the main reason why I choose not to be in any serious relationships.
You think it changed the way you look at women lol? I think I was like that from jump street, I was never into all that lovey dovey stuff, my second wife would have slapped me if I got romantic, she was just like me, she never had time for that stuff. Something changed in me too, I haven't been on a date in 18 years or something like that. I wouldn't even consider living with another woman.

Old 01-05-2018, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
It can happen. My wife is sensitive to even some prescription drugs. She was given some Lunesta once to help her sleep and it caused weird auditory hallucinations (she heard elaborate classical music) that persisted after she stopped taking the meds and she still has a tendency to these once in awhile, a full decade or more later. She never experienced this before. This is not listed as a side effect of that drug, either.

Sometimes I think drugs make connections in the brain (or perhaps break down inhibitions to connections) and this has unintended side effects in some people. It's why I'm a minimalist and cautious about anything I put in my body, legal or not.
Things like that have happened to me also. I would do drugs and hear my mother and sister looking for me and I would go and hide{ We had a 7 bedroom house, and two other houses on a big piece of land}

But yeah, I would hear music and people talking and my sister and mother calling my name. That would happen after I shot up so much cocaine that it should have killed me every time. Then I hear voices and get so afraid, that once I hid under a trailer in the rain and mud terrified that my mom and sister would find me in that state. Thank God that didn't last long, just a few months and I never did it again and it has been almost 30 years. The sheer amount of coke I did, anyone who rigged me up ran after they helped me, they were always certain that I would die, and I was always convinced it would kill me but it didn't.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:03 AM

14,026 posts, read 8,057,935 times
Quote:
Things like that have happened to me also. I would do drugs and hear my mother and sister looking for me and I would go and hide{ We had a 7 bedroom house, and two other houses on a big piece of land}

But yeah, I would hear music and people talking and my sister and mother calling my name. That would happen after I shot up so much cocaine that it should have killed me every time. Then I hear voices and get so afraid, that once I hid under a trailer in the rain and mud terrified that my mom and sister would find me in that state. Thank God that didn't last long, just a few months and I never did it again and it has been almost 30 years. The sheer amount of coke I did, anyone who rigged me up ran after they helped me, they were always certain that I would die, and I was always convinced it would kill me but it didn't.
It is possible that my wife's reaction to a relatively innocuous prescription med had the groundwork laid for it with more potent meds he had been on previously, or even some minor recreational drug use in her salad days, who knows. But then it could be entirely some feature of her personal brain chemistry. I suspect that she is a borderline synesthete, as she's always been prone to her personal reveries manifesting in visual effects. For example if she looks at a wall and lets her mind wander, she has visuals of patterns and images forming on the wall. I've spoken to others who say they have this experience too. I imagine some have it and don't remark upon it, assuming it's typical and/or afraid to be thought of as "weird".

My previous / late wife had similar issues apparently from childhood. In her teens she was given morphine by an oral surgeon and had terrifying hallucinations for days after. She had atypical reactions to many drugs in adulthood, though it was hard to tell whether it was inherent in her constitution or at least in part, that her physical disease process was in the mix. In her case, the atypical reactions were usually just negative physical ones, similar to drug allergies in character.

I think everyone has a very individual profile in how they respond to meds.

Old 01-05-2018, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
It is possible that my wife's reaction to a relatively innocuous prescription med had the groundwork laid for it with more potent meds he had been on previously, or even some minor recreational drug use in her salad days, who knows. But then it could be entirely some feature of her personal brain chemistry. I suspect that she is a borderline synesthete, as she's always been prone to her personal reveries manifesting in visual effects. For example if she looks at a wall and lets her mind wander, she has visuals of patterns and images forming on the wall. I've spoken to others who say they have this experience too. I imagine some have it and don't remark upon it, assuming it's typical and/or afraid to be thought of as "weird".

My previous / late wife had similar issues apparently from childhood. In her teens she was given morphine by an oral surgeon and had terrifying hallucinations for days after. She had atypical reactions to many drugs in adulthood, though it was hard to tell whether it was inherent in her constitution or at least in part, that her physical disease process was in the mix. In her case, the atypical reactions were usually just negative physical ones, similar to drug allergies in character.

I think everyone has a very individual profile in how they respond to meds.
Dude, I wished I was as smart as you, intelligence just drips right off of you, and I appreciate that you didn't use too many words I couldn't understand knowing that you could have professor.

Dang the bad luck, I don't think I have the propensity to be that smart, I mean, I am not being sarcastic, your vocabulary just sticks out, it sure isn't hard to see and realize an educated man/woman.

Old 01-05-2018, 01:12 PM

I have always been high, I don't want to live not being high, I do good enough staying off heroin or methadone and that is what I truly want to do, I would do Methadone every day for the rest of my life if I could, I mean, I know I could easily get it and do it the rest of my life, thing is, it will be the vehicle by which I die. I know it sounds stupid, but I do feel spiritual when I am on heavy drugs. I know that it is wrong, I know that nobody should do drugs, I know it's unhealthy and a very bad habit that leaves a seriously flawed example for everyone concerned. I have no choice in doing drugs though, If I want to live, I have to do drugs and there is no other way around it if I ever want to sleep. I am not a mean drunk or a person who freaks out, if I get high lol, I study the bible no matter how much a hypocrite I may seem to be, I would never study the bible if I was not high, I am just not interested the same way as when I am buzzed. It doesn't matter if it's a glass of wine, a beer, a dube, they all push me to study and that is the truth.

Now see, it used to be in my 20's that I would try and quit smoking cigs and weed, and then I could study the bible, and then I would go out and party and feel so ashamed, I would run from reading the word, and I was always putting the study away because I was never righteous enough to read.

But then one day I finally realized that I was living in a fantasy world, and the fact was, that I was never going to be righteous enough to read the word of God, that I was always going to sin, and if I waited until a time came after I had overcome my misdeeds, that I would be waiting forever because of the fact that I would never be able to be the man I always wanted to be.

I finally decided that if I was ever going to learn the bible, I would just have to study in sin because I was never going to overcome my sin.

Old 01-06-2018, 09:03 AM

3,036 posts, read 743,580 times
Quote:
You think it changed the way you look at women lol? I think I was like that from jump street, I was never into all that lovey dovey stuff, my second wife would have slapped me if I got romantic, she was just like me, she never had time for that stuff. Something changed in me too, I haven't been on a date in 18 years or something like that. I wouldn't even consider living with another woman.
Before the acid, and before that incident, I didnt really have a problem with a girl being very affectionate, I even kind of liked it to some degree.

The best way I can describe it is, it opened my eyes to something that I did not see before this, and it was a permanent change.

I still wanted and enjoyed sex though, I just didnt want any of the emotion or affection anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or