U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2018, 11:39 AM

11,259 posts, read 3,642,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Sort of, it seems to work different for everyone. For me, it saved my life, I can take 8mg per day and never feel an urge to use any other drug.

Suboxone does not get you 'high, but it does make you feel normal again, and to some users that have forgotten what normal feels like, it does resemble a 'high' in that regard.

BTW, if you are taking Suboxone and use another drug with it, the combination will send you into instant withdrawl, and you will be sicker than a dog! It binds to the opioid receptors and doesnt let any other drugs latch on.
I wouldn't have any idea what normal is, the closest I ever come is the first hour I wake up, but we all know drugs linger even when you don't feel high. The effects linger with weed also, I would have to quit smoking for a week to feel what normal feels like and even then, I would not know. I wouldn't know because I never sleep. My life is spent awake, and when I get 4 hours, it is like a dream come true, but it still isn't what normal feels like with 8 hours of sleep every day. In any average month, I may get 60 to 70 hours of sleep, I am always tired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 11:11 AM

111 posts, read 46,191 times
If you go down that path, start with a small amount, like a gram. I've heard the ideal amount is something like 3.5 grams or you could just blast into orbit like Terrance McKenna and do his "heroic dose" of 5 grams.

But seriously, start with a small amount, because it can get pretty overwhelming if you are not used to the effects.

Also, as mentioned earlier in the thread: Know your source.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:04 AM

3,799 posts, read 925,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwarmy View Post
If you go down that path, start with a small amount, like a gram. I've heard the ideal amount is something like 3.5 grams or you could just blast into orbit like Terrance McKenna and do his "heroic dose" of 5 grams.

But seriously, start with a small amount, because it can get pretty overwhelming if you are not used to the effects.

Also, as mentioned earlier in the thread: Know your source.
Its so hard to give people advise on this topic, especially if its their first time using it. I remember my first time using acid, I took one dose of red dragon LSD at a friends house and didnt really feel anything an hour later, I was thinking it was fake and we had been duped, so I decided to walk home ( I was around 15-16 yr old), half way home it finally kicked in, but I didnt recognize what was happening, it was around christmas so all the lights on the houses kept me occupied, I think it took me 2 hours to walk home that night! I ended up being awake all night tripping hard by myself.

Old 02-08-2018, 09:38 AM

11,882 posts, read 4,449,757 times
So what’s more fun? A panic attack or psychedelic drugs? I’ve had plenty of experience with the former; none with the latter.

Old 02-08-2018, 02:54 PM

14,046 posts, read 8,211,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
So whatís more fun? A panic attack or psychedelic drugs? Iíve had plenty of experience with the former; none with the latter.
From what I gather it depends on whether the trip is "good" or "bad" which in turn depends on the quality / purity of the drug and accurate measure of the dosage (and doubtless on one's individual biochemistry interacting therewith). As one poster said, "know your source", but I'm not sure what that even means. Can sources for illicit drugs ever really be trusted in the sense that they control the whole supply chain and spot test / check all their product? I kind of doubt it. And there's a LOT of incentive to "cut" the drugs with fillers or substitutes and claim it's pure and charge accordingly, at each step of the distribution process.

For that reason alone I don't know that I'd ever try anything beyond legally obtained pot. The risk of bad trip / permanent effects / death are too great, especially given that I don't see any huge benefits to motivate me to take said risks.

Old 02-09-2018, 07:14 AM

3,799 posts, read 925,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
From what I gather it depends on whether the trip is "good" or "bad" which in turn depends on the quality / purity of the drug and accurate measure of the dosage (and doubtless on one's individual biochemistry interacting therewith). As one poster said, "know your source", but I'm not sure what that even means. Can sources for illicit drugs ever really be trusted in the sense that they control the whole supply chain and spot test / check all their product? I kind of doubt it. And there's a LOT of incentive to "cut" the drugs with fillers or substitutes and claim it's pure and charge accordingly, at each step of the distribution process.

For that reason alone I don't know that I'd ever try anything beyond legally obtained pot. The risk of bad trip / permanent effects / death are too great, especially given that I don't see any huge benefits to motivate me to take said risks.
A good or bad trip has more to do with your mental/ emotional state of mind when you take the drug, as well as people that are with you during the trip. A good trip can turn bad in a heartbeat too, Ive seen my best friend strapped to a gurney and taken to the hospital when 3 hours earlier, he was laughing and joking and having a great trip. Its different for everyone, the slightest thing can have HUGE effects on the trip.

From my experience, the source has never been a problem.

Old 02-09-2018, 11:23 AM

11,882 posts, read 4,449,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
A good or bad trip has more to do with your mental/ emotional state of mind when you take the drug, as well as people that are with you during the trip. A good trip can turn bad in a heartbeat too, Ive seen my best friend strapped to a gurney and taken to the hospital when 3 hours earlier, he was laughing and joking and having a great trip. Its different for everyone, the slightest thing can have HUGE effects on the trip.

From my experience, the source has never been a problem.
Don’t make major life decisions based on anecdotes.

In my experience, eating lots of Polish sausage doesn’t contribute to heart disease.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality