Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 10:38 AM

11,098 posts, read 7,159,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foster913 View Post
Majority here are your "get a good job, settle down, play the game and accept that we work and fight for scraps" types.
Hey, speak for yourself! LOL Many here don't "play the game" or "fight for scraps". I know I'd never sell myself and/or settle for compromise like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2017, 10:38 AM

136 posts, read 101,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foster913 View Post
This isn't the forum to get good advice about altered states of reality and mind expansion. Majority here are your "get a good job, settle down, play the game and accept that we work and fight for scraps" types. Try bluelight.org or drugs-forum.com for great information on these topics.
LOL thanks I was kind of thinking that but took a chance

Old 12-21-2017, 11:01 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Also on my bucket list.

Where the heck does one find these drugs?

Old 12-21-2017, 02:58 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
I remember once as a kid at Sunday School. The Moron was telling us about the evils of "Hippies" and how they only feel love when they are on drugs. Like most of what he said, not ture. BUT my response, which was "At least they can feel love" was not popular then or to this day in the Annals of the Baptist church.

Old 12-21-2017, 04:08 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
More likely when people get high on drugs or alcohol they will attract unseen demon spirit who will help them feel drunk and make them stagger around as these demon spirits manipulate the glands , as God warns people not to abuse their bodies with drugs or alcohol

Old 12-21-2017, 04:53 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Default Magic mushrooms and psychedelics.

Bad idea. You are invoking altered experiences without conscious control. These states are achievable naturally but they require extensive practice and discipline over your body and mind. I took me 18+ years of zealous and diligent effort ultimately requiring biofeedback. Wanting to experience it without the effort, discipline and without the conscious control is dangerous. It is like wanting to fly a supersonic jet without any pilot training or skill.

Old 12-21-2017, 04:56 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,336,327 times
Don't sleep for several or more days,it's what shamans and witches use to do to enter the spirit world,it's called riding the hedge,as in the hedge between this world and the next.Happened to me many times and always an extraordinary experience,might not happen with regular people though.

Old 12-21-2017, 05:09 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times
When I was a teenager (over 40 years ago) a friend talked me into smoking a joint that was probably laced with something else (I'd been talked into trying joints a few times before, and nothing like what happened with this one had ever happened previously)- we were sitting in an empty room but I 'saw' people, colored lights and 'heard' music. I knew it wasn't real, but the *real* problem was that I couldn't tell what *was* 'real'. I didn't like it because I realized that the inability to distinguish between what was real and what was not could potentially result in negative consequences...something like walking out in the street and getting hit by a truck that I either didn't see, or that I saw but didn't believe was real.

Prior to that, I never really had any significant desire to try any of the stuff that others were using (acid, mescalin/peyote, mushrooms, PCP, etc.) but that experience convinced me that that sort of thing wasn't anything that I wanted to do.

Over the last few years I have read of a thing or two that sounds interesting, but if I were to try it I would only want to do it under controlled conditions where there would be other people to ensure that I didn't injure myself. In the Army, a bunch of us were sitting around the barracks one night, we were all drinking and a lot were doing various drugs...the Beatles 'Revolution #9' was playing, one of the guys (don't know what, exactly, he was on) jumped up, ran across the room and jumped through the [closed] window...we were three stories up, it wasn't pretty...

Old 12-21-2017, 05:15 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiethegreat View Post
Don't sleep for several or more days,it's what shamans and witches use to do to enter the spirit world,it's called riding the hedge,as in the hedge between this world and the next.Happened to me many times and always an extraordinary experience,might not happen with regular people though.
Been there, done that, back when I was working three jobs and going to college...driving down the road and hallucinating people in the road...coming to a screeching halt and then realizing that it had been a figment of my imagination...once I almost shot a wooden Indian when I thought it moved and was about to throw the tomahawk it was holding, that would have been embarrassing...

Old 12-21-2017, 05:43 PM

50,810 posts, read 24,321,239 times
I see posts like the OP occasionally in a Buddhist forum I'm in. And stop and think about it-- the OP is asking if he can use drugs to create an unusual feeling in order to find spiritual reality.

Drugs are not about reality.

Dow hat you like, but don't kid yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality