U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 01:20 PM

401 posts, read 861,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
I'm interested in hearing from people who have been the same religion all of their lives as well as those who have switched religions (converted) in their life.
After about one second of consideration, that my choice not to belong to any religion, suits me very well

I have travelled outside the U.S. quite a bit and usually have a conversation about god. Everywhere I have been everyone says there is one god (haven't been to India). So why shouldn't there be one religion.
Religion, from the very beginning separated people. The END.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2018, 12:26 AM

121 posts, read 45,770 times
Used too many times even working in pretty dramatic churches (read hiding a lot of harassment of some) ...Had to give it all up for my health and financial survival.

Since you try to judge me...I just grew up in sex abuse neighborhood with bad cops. Churches called kid victims a lying little -hit. Problems from the area stuck to adults well into adulthood...even working.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:12 AM

20,776 posts, read 17,516,844 times
Quote:
I'm interested in hearing from people who have been the same religion all of their lives as well as those who have switched religions (converted) in their life.
My mother chose for me when I was born. I was raised Roman Catholic until I had the nerve to "disobey" my mother when I was 15. Never have looked back.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:17 AM

36,211 posts, read 24,326,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
I didn't say you were wrong, I said that you were somewhat unique.
Basically, I implied Many religious forums have rules that are much more strict about who may post, what topics may be discussed, and what you have to believe to post there.
As for excluding "my" denomination, you come pretty close to doing that, already, which is why you had to delete several of my posts, as I became acclimated to what I perceive as a hostile environment in the Christianity forum. (I will try to be more tolerant in the future )
Food for thought:
What every intolerant would-be dictator desires is to control others. Since our relationship is one-on-one with God what business is it of yours what other relationships with God are like? You come in alone and will leave alone. You should keep your focus on that and how you and your relationship is faring with God, period.

Old 01-12-2018, 04:10 PM

1,701 posts, read 458,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What every intolerant would-be dictator desires is to control others. Since our relationship is one-on-one with God what business is it of yours what other relationships with God are like? You come in alone and will leave alone. You should keep your focus on that and how you and your relationship is faring with God, period.
Another unfocused opinion by someone who doesn't get it.

Only a hell hole of a place just allows anyone and everyone in.

I did not come into this world alone (and neither did you) and I will not leave alone.
You may leave alone, if you wish, I will be with Jesus.

Old 01-12-2018, 05:05 PM

32,479 posts, read 7,777,256 times
Not that I am bothered much by your views and beliefs, but more for the unusual experience of standing shoulder to shoulder with my old mate Mystic without ripping into him for once, and saying that your post, T Rex soft tissue, sounds like 'Because of my Faith, I am entitled to walk on everyone's face'.

Old 01-12-2018, 05:53 PM

1,701 posts, read 458,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Not that I am bothered much by your views and beliefs, but more for the unusual experience of standing shoulder to shoulder with my old mate Mystic without ripping into him for once, and saying that your post, T Rex soft tissue, sounds like 'Because of my Faith, I am entitled to walk on everyone's face'.
I have to remember to consider the source when seeing posts like this one. Typical.

Old 01-14-2018, 02:17 PM

6,823 posts, read 3,448,059 times
I discovered the Flying Spaghetti Monster just a few years ago.....Praise the Holy Noodle.

Old 01-14-2018, 04:59 PM

20,420 posts, read 20,079,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seethelight View Post
After about one second of consideration, that my choice not to belong to any religion, suits me very well.
One second, huh? Boy, that shows a lot of deep thought.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:46 PM

2,051 posts, read 490,419 times
Quote:
The best religions are far from myths
Whose teachings are humane and believe in love and peace
Any religion in which contradictions in its texts is from Satan
For Satan has false prophets
Their texts call for murder and terrorism
Invite you to look for religion according to these rules
Any religious book in which there is no word of love is of Satan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or