U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 01:23 AM

2,049 posts, read 429,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I certainly agree on freedom to choose, debate and question. Which I may observe, is only permitted by religions within the limits of acceptance of religion itself.

There is no stepping Outside the Box and asking "Why it this true out of all the religions, or are any of them true?"

But in fact, no. You do NOT need to know what a religion says to question whether it is true. At least not with any that put gods at the focus of their validity. One only needs to ask "Why should I believe a god exists at all?"

If you can make a case for that, THEN maybe we could start to look at the different religions.

What you are doing , old mate (I suspect ) is trying to wangle study of the Quran text (which in bitter experience means, one -sided apologetics, with any questions from our side batted away with "I am an expert - I speak the language - you don't, so you have to accept what I say") as the starting point of the discussion.

It isn't.
"Why should I believe a god exists at all?"
I think this is the first step
Which is why I believe in God
And does God exist?
And you put what you know of information and experiences and I also put my knowledge and experiences

Then we move on to the next step of comparing religions and heads of religions and looking at their lives
But this freedom should be provided that what it offers is one of the texts in every religion
Even if you do not believe in those texts, but their use for proof and comparison is permitted
I am present to have a dialogue with you and with pleasure
Even if you want a separate topic
In order to reach fruitful results from the dialogue
Because free dialogue is fruitful
Restricted dialogue is used for publication and propaganda only
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2018, 12:33 AM

2,049 posts, read 429,796 times
When you choose religion, you choose your lifestyle and style of thinking
If you want freedom and peace, you follow those who advocate these teachings
But if you are looking for war, oppression and injustice, you follow those who advocate these teachings
And with you the texts of every religion
You can compare them
Know your way and what to choose

Old Today, 08:27 PM

11,128 posts, read 12,207,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southkakkatlantan View Post
I'm interested in hearing from people who have been the same religion all of their lives as well as those who have switched religions (converted) in their life.
i chose it because it was the only belief system that made sense of what I experienced, what I knew, and all that I hold near and dear
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality