U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 10:36 AM

10,245 posts, read 10,351,610 times

Advertisements

This thread is about the Christian religion.

It is not about the Qur'an or Islam.

If you don't understand the concept of the Trinity, you might consider reading and learning instead of posting and confirming what you don't know.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:05 AM

2,052 posts, read 552,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post

If you don't understand the concept of the Trinity, you might consider reading and learning instead of posting and confirming what you don't know.

We say that we worship one God
He is the Father
And whoever says otherwise is lying

Not to say that Jesus is a separate God and that the soul is separate and does not say that Christ is separate
That is, the three are really one
I think the one who is talking to me here is a Muslim
That is why I give him evidence from the Koran as well
If the Koran says that God has a leg and a hand
It means he is like humans
This link is important
So we defend our Christian faith
We say that whoever says we worship three gods is a great liar

Old 01-25-2018, 12:54 PM
Status: "Winter is almost here. It's time for more holidays." (set 17 days ago)

3,106 posts, read 854,753 times
Quote:

OK. I have already said enough about the Trinity and there isn't anything left to post. This has come at a convenient time for as I am off on holidays for a few weeks very soon.

I will leave you to deal with mahasn sawresho's post after your warning about the Qur'an and Islam. He is still talking about the Qur'an he calls "Koran" in his posts. And he admits why he is talking about the Qur'an (Koran). Here is the proof:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahasn sawresho View Post
I think the one who is talking to me here is a Muslim
That is why I give him evidence from the Koran as well
If the Koran says that God has a leg and a hand
By the way, I too am a person and need to do some shopping for the holidays.

So long, friend.

Old 01-25-2018, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
OK. I have already said enough about the Trinity and there isn't anything left to post. This has come at a convenient time for as I am off on holidays for a few weeks very soon.

I will leave you to deal with mahasn sawresho's post after your warning about the Qur'an and Islam. He is still talking about the Qur'an he calls "Koran" in his posts. And he admits why he is talking about the Qur'an (Koran). Here is the proof:

By the way, I too am a person and need to do some shopping for the holidays.

So long, friend.
Are we in a forum for dialogue
What the technique
We are class friends
Does he intervene to protect you when you can not respond
When we speak the evidence, it is not abuse
If you are unable to respond logically, this is your problem
When Christianity is accused of polytheism, it means insulting every Christian
And whoever accuses Christianity of worshiping his three gods is lying

Old 01-26-2018, 01:33 AM

3,409 posts, read 1,244,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by granpa View Post
How many Gods exist in the Christian religion?
1? 2? 3?
If more than one then why not many?

People will probably say that there are three but the three are one.
If so then why not many and the many are one?
There is the Father
There is the Son
There is the Lamb
There is the Holy Spirit.

Now please pay attention here.

A Human's mother is always a human.
A cow's mother is always a cow
A Chicken's mother is always a chicken
A cat's mother is always a cat, and so on.

It won't make sense if I point to a fish and say, "it's my cat's mother", because a cat's mother is always a cat.

So we see that the nature does not change.

By the same logic, a God's mother must also be a God. And hence Mary is also a God because Jesus is a God. And Mary is also the Lamb and the father and the Holy Spirit becaus so is Jesus.

Mary cannot be human because a human gives birth only to Humans.
Humans cannot give birth to a God.
So it's either "Mary is God", and hence Jesus is also a God, OR, "Jesus is a Human" and not a God, because a human's mother is always a human. So make up your mind as to who is who?

So to answer the OP, I think it's 5 at a minimum.
The Father
The Son
The Mother
The Lamb
The Holy Spirit.

But then there is also another can that opens up here. If the nature does not change and Mary is a God then we must apply the same logic to Mary's father and her mother and their entire family tree who should technically be, all Gods due to having the same nature. The answer to OP then be, I don't know, in millions perhaps?

Old 01-26-2018, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
There is the Father
There is the Son
There is the Lamb
There is the Holy Spirit.

Now please pay attention here.

A Human's mother is always a human.
A cow's mother is always a cow
A Chicken's mother is always a chicken
A cat's mother is always a cat, and so on.

It won't make sense if I point to a fish and say, "it's my cat's mother", because a cat's mother is always a cat.

So we see that the nature does not change.

By the same logic, a God's mother must also be a God. And hence Mary is also a God because Jesus is a God. And Mary is also the Lamb and the father and the Holy Spirit becaus so is Jesus.

Mary cannot be human because a human gives birth only to Humans.
Humans cannot give birth to a God.
So it's either "Mary is God", and hence Jesus is also a God, OR, "Jesus is a Human" and not a God, because a human's mother is always a human. So make up your mind as to who is who?

So to answer the OP, I think it's 5 at a minimum.
The Father
The Son
The Mother
The Lamb
The Holy Spirit.

But then there is also another can that opens up here. If the nature does not change and Mary is a God then we must apply the same logic to Mary's father and her mother and their entire family tree who should technically be, all Gods due to having the same nature. The answer to OP then be, I don't know, in millions perhaps?
God has a Son who is also God. It makes sense that the mother who gives birth to God (who is also Son) is also Mother of God and should be worshiped and was worshiped and still is worshiped.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venera...atholic_Church

Old 01-26-2018, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Does he intervene to protect you when you can not respond
Are you accusing the moderator of protecting me?

Moderators are honest people. They have a difficult job. They don't need accusations from posters like you of protecting other posters.

Quote:
When Christianity is accused of polytheism, it means insulting every Christian
And whoever accuses Christianity of worshiping his three gods is lying
So tell me, how many gods you worship? Do you worship only the Father or Son the Flesh too? Do you worship Mother of God (Mary) and the Holy Spirit too or not?

I don't accuse Christians of polytheism. Christians themselves are trying their best to worship different entities, including Mary, the Mother of God, and giving mixed signals to the others.

Old 01-26-2018, 04:44 AM

26,141 posts, read 13,853,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Modalism is the idea that these are separate entities. These are the same One. All of this is God.

Richard no, I can't. Buddhism came from Hinduism yes, but rejected the caste system and the entire concept of the Hindu reason for the goal of life. So, now imagine a Hindu declaring that Buddha was saying we need a more rigid caste system and putting their take on the Buddhist concept of rebirth. Yeah, it's that important.
Buddhism began in a region of the world where an early form of Hinduism was practiced. As such, a lot of the same language was used. It is, however, a VERY different religion.

NOTE: Some hindus may well consider Buddhism to be a cult formed from their religion. I imagine some Jews also consider Christianity in the same way, however Judaism and Christianity are two very different religions with very different codes of ethics, very different opinions of the afterlife, very different objects of worship etc. Similarly, Buddhism and Hinduism are very different.

For instance, Hindus believe in the 'self', whereas this idea is flattly rejected by Buddhists. Also, Hindus believe in reincarnation, whereas the Buddhist view of reincarnation (technically rebirth) if very different (due to the lack of existence of a 'soul' or self). Kamma is also viewed differently: Hindus see it as retribution and reward, whereas Buddhists see it purely as causality without subjection. It must be noted that the Vedas and Upanishads as we know them today did not exist at the time of Siddhartha Gautama (the Buddha) --- so Hinduism has also been influenced by Buddhism to some degree.

So, in short, Buddhism and Hinduism both came from the same region in the world and used the same terminology, but they are two very different religions and neither 'came from' the other. - https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...8020127AAVGalq

Old 01-26-2018, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khalif View Post
Are you accusing the moderator of protecting me?

Moderators are honest people. They have a difficult job. They don't need accusations from posters like you of protecting other posters.

So tell me, how many gods you worship? Do you worship only the Father or Son the Flesh too? Do you worship Mother of God (Mary) and the Holy Spirit too or not?

I don't accuse Christians of polytheism. Christians themselves are trying their best to worship different entities, including Mary, the Mother of God, and giving mixed signals to the others.
No my friend
I respect what you write here and I also consider you a friend
But only I am seeking a free dialogue
Without restrictions and without conditions we only provide evidence and logic
But on this subject
He is the three Goddess of Christianity
This is a lie
I want to ask you the following logical question
Why do other religions not attack Christianity in their faith?
Is there any text in the other books that refer to Christianity as the Koran mentioned?
Do Buddhists attack Christianity in its faith?
Jews do not attack the doctrine of Christ
But they differ in the personality of Christ
Only Muslims attack the doctrine of Christ day and night
Why should we defend our faith?
This is our right
I think we are about one point and we did not get out of it
and I tell you
The one God in his full and sacred qualities written in the Torah of the first travel where we believe in them
Ie, that one God, Holy and Sacred is unparalleled
This is what is written in the Torah
But this does not prevent the presence of God among men
For God loves men
God is love
He appeared in Christ
That is, God is Christ and Christ is God
I believe that this religious philosophy will not be accepted by a man from the Sahara
My friend, we are talking about thought
Christianity is a sophisticated thought
He declared to us that God is love
If you want to believe that God is the enemy of men, you are free in your faith
This is the difference between God in Christianity and God in other religions

Old 01-26-2018, 07:47 AM

10,245 posts, read 10,351,610 times
Quote:

Thread closed because you people don't seem to be able to follow simple directions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or