U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 12:55 PM

33,585 posts, read 8,511,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
If it is real, they had been working on that billion dollar contraption for ten years and they finally proved that we were not holograms who lived a million years ago but I am still the skeptic, are we really real Daddy?
I have no idea what this is about. You mean the CERN gadget? And how can you be "Skeptical" about the only reality here is - what we can rely on to work every day?

Quote:
I Just think it ridiculous to think we are the only life in the universe, and even more ridiculous to believe that there aren't people out there with technology a million years ahead of us. I mean, if humankind was allowed to continue exploring technology for another ten thousand years uninterrupted, what will humans be able to do?

I am certainly not one who believes in UFO's or that anyone has ever seen just one, EXCEPT for Ezekiel. I can't get over the imagery in Ezekiel. It leads me to think that God came from some place else, visited this earth and left but is going to return. If we humans continue as we are, how much more like God will we become in being able to produce miracles?

Then there is that thing in Daniel where Daniel prayed and an angel was sent to him, but this angel was detained by the king of Persia, and I can't help but think that there is a Persia in another dimension or another world, because it wasn't the human king of Persia holding up an angel, but I would lean to dimension because we see the eyes opened up in a man where he could actually see the army of the Lord when he couldn't see them before.

I just don't think it is that black and white, whether here or there, I see humankind becoming like God in a very short future if we continue in these miracle inventions and awakenings to building a person ourselves. Yeah, you wont be able to get that minute back.
Statistically, the probability of life - and indeed intelligent life - somewhere in the universe is good. So what does that prove about Us and the (questionable) reality of eistence? And I have to give low credence to Ezekiel and Daniel as anything to do with Alien spacecraft. You may believe what you wish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 01:29 PM

12,842 posts, read 4,077,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I have no idea what this is about. You mean the CERN gadget? And how can you be "Skeptical" about the only reality here is - what we can rely on to work every day?

Statistically, the probability of life - and indeed intelligent life - somewhere in the universe is good. So what does that prove about Us and the (questionable) reality of eistence? And I have to give low credence to Ezekiel and Daniel as anything to do with Alien spacecraft. You may believe what you wish.
Meh, I don't necessarily believe it was a space invader, I am just saying it is possible that God is from an advanced race that is a million years ahead of us. If we could go back in time and show the people of the bible what we can do, they would CERTAINLY think that we were gods. I can't help but think that this is going to continue in that the future will have things that we will look at and say,'' Those people are gods.''

Jesus said he was going away to build a place, and the earth isn't that place.

But what gets me to thinking is the promise Jesus makes in Revelation 2. He promises all the overcomers their own earth. For each overcomer, he himself will reign and rule ALL THE NATIONS ON THAT EARTH with an iron fist. This promise is that each overcomer receives all the promises that the father gave to the son. It is insinuating that there are Earths full of people everywhere in the universe and God is training sons of God to go down on those Earths to do what Jesus did here. To me, it proves that there is life all over the universe, and to obtain all the promises that the father Gave to the son means that an overcomer will become, an '' Adam.''

An Adam is a person who receives authority over an entire Earth just like the first Adam, and just as Jesus being the new Adam.

Jesus became an Adam because he died and became a spirit that would indwell his brides that are people all over an earth, the Messiah rules and reigns in the hearts of his bride,'' Eve.''

So I am looking for a Messiah to come and appoint the brethren of Christ their own earth where there will be a bible that begins,'' In the beginning.''

I think there are unlimited Earths and God is just raising up and training sons of God who will represent him on each Earth, and this is how it has always been, and how it will always be. They say that if this Earth is one in a trillion earths that have a moon and seasons, then even with those odds, there has already been 4 billion Earths who have come and gone, that so much time has passed that their earth evolved mankind, and then continued so many millions of years that they are gone now, but there are still billions of earths full of life. All I see is one goal, that God has created a universe to expand himself, and so he seeds these earths with his spirit as people grow his spirit of love, and so God is ever expanding.

Old 01-09-2018, 04:33 PM

9,712 posts, read 13,610,760 times
Here's an idea.

Reality. Reality is everything. It is what was is and will be. (Sort of sounds like god, aye, mates?)

Here is a human. Unlike an animal or a rock or a plant, human has ability to read that reality and adjust it.
Animal or plant or rock is in reality as each one of them is. Animal, rock, or plant. That's it. They are what they are.
But, a human, having a spark of consciousness in him, reads that reality and interprets it as it chooses.
In this respect, a human chooses a reality and creates its own one human exists in. It is pretty much indisputable fact that we all live in our own realities.
But, a human has ability to change his perception of reality. He does this by thinking, by adjusting his perception or, better off, by adjusting his perception of information provided to him (by senses). As, fact it is, what human sees as reality is not reality. It is image of reality assessed by human mind and interpreted in a certain manner. This is fact.
Human can re-tune, so to speak, this assessment and, as such, he changes his reality.
This is free will. Human is the only existing being on this planet that can do this. Human can consciously change his reality - and that is the gift of free will.
Now, because objective reality, one that human interprets, is SAME and same to all, by changing his reality human adjusts that primordial reality and, as such, adjusts it for others that interpret it.
Wild as it sounds, but you can find many historical facts that show this done. A man born into poverty could have died a slave or a beggar. Yet, he chose to become say a great warlord and built a vast empire and changed lives of millions and entire map of the planet. Just an example.

Old 01-10-2018, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Here's an idea.

Reality. Reality is everything. It is what was is and will be. (Sort of sounds like god, aye, mates?)

Here is a human. Unlike an animal or a rock or a plant, human has ability to read that reality and adjust it.
Animal or plant or rock is in reality as each one of them is. Animal, rock, or plant. That's it. They are what they are.
But, a human, having a spark of consciousness in him, reads that reality and interprets it as it chooses.
In this respect, a human chooses a reality and creates its own one human exists in. It is pretty much indisputable fact that we all live in our own realities.
But, a human has ability to change his perception of reality. He does this by thinking, by adjusting his perception or, better off, by adjusting his perception of information provided to him (by senses). As, fact it is, what human sees as reality is not reality. It is image of reality assessed by human mind and interpreted in a certain manner. This is fact.
Human can re-tune, so to speak, this assessment and, as such, he changes his reality.
This is free will. Human is the only existing being on this planet that can do this. Human can consciously change his reality - and that is the gift of free will.
Now, because objective reality, one that human interprets, is SAME and same to all, by changing his reality human adjusts that primordial reality and, as such, adjusts it for others that interpret it.
Wild as it sounds, but you can find many historical facts that show this done. A man born into poverty could have died a slave or a beggar. Yet, he chose to become say a great warlord and built a vast empire and changed lives of millions and entire map of the planet. Just an example.
That we have a choice -making ability and the capacity to decide what to do with our lives is evident. It is also hedged around with restrictions, but 'Free Will' never mneant being able to do whatever we wanted. That was a red herring argument (not that you were making it - just sayin') but the free Will debate is about whetheer there are reasons we make a particular choice or whether it is a random coin -flipping.

In fact I see that as a philosophical matter, though science (as it seems to be doing with Ethics) can tell us moire than philosophy can, if it understand the way it works and philosophy doesn't. But more, the Free will debate is more about whether it looks like an evolved condition that we have or whether it is some faculty instilled by God (or some sorta -god, at least). And really is the argument that it means that whatever happens to us is our fault, not God's, which is more or less an indefensib;e argument, other than a brutal "Well, it's our fault because God says so - no matter who is actually responsible". But then it often does come down to that - ethics, truth honesty and goodness are nothing to do with human ethics but are whatever God says they are at any particular time.

Old 01-10-2018, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Meh, I don't necessarily believe it was a space invader, I am just saying it is possible that God is from an advanced race that is a million years ahead of us. If we could go back in time and show the people of the bible what we can do, they would CERTAINLY think that we were gods. I can't help but think that this is going to continue in that the future will have things that we will look at and say,'' Those people are gods.''

Jesus said he was going away to build a place, and the earth isn't that place.

But what gets me to thinking is the promise Jesus makes in Revelation 2. He promises all the overcomers their own earth. For each overcomer, he himself will reign and rule ALL THE NATIONS ON THAT EARTH with an iron fist. This promise is that each overcomer receives all the promises that the father gave to the son. It is insinuating that there are Earths full of people everywhere in the universe and God is training sons of God to go down on those Earths to do what Jesus did here. To me, it proves that there is life all over the universe, and to obtain all the promises that the father Gave to the son means that an overcomer will become, an '' Adam.''

An Adam is a person who receives authority over an entire Earth just like the first Adam, and just as Jesus being the new Adam.

Jesus became an Adam because he died and became a spirit that would indwell his brides that are people all over an earth, the Messiah rules and reigns in the hearts of his bride,'' Eve.''

So I am looking for a Messiah to come and appoint the brethren of Christ their own earth where there will be a bible that begins,'' In the beginning.''

I think there are unlimited Earths and God is just raising up and training sons of God who will represent him on each Earth, and this is how it has always been, and how it will always be. They say that if this Earth is one in a trillion earths that have a moon and seasons, then even with those odds, there has already been 4 billion Earths who have come and gone, that so much time has passed that their earth evolved mankind, and then continued so many millions of years that they are gone now, but there are still billions of earths full of life. All I see is one goal, that God has created a universe to expand himself, and so he seeds these earths with his spirit as people grow his spirit of love, and so God is ever expanding.
Ah. A variant of the 'Chariots of the Gods' theory. It was always an interesting one.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:34 AM

3,711 posts, read 1,219,917 times
Quote:
It's happened to me quite a lot. Why would I not believe it?

No. You are confusing Free will with environmenntal anc conditional limiitations upon it. And it's not a disbelief in free will, it is trying to understand what it actually is and how it works.
Most people with common sense know what free will is and how it works.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:46 AM

3,711 posts, read 1,219,917 times
Quote:
It's happened to me quite a lot. Why would I not .
You didn't say " I ".
You said "you".

Old 01-14-2018, 01:15 PM

Thing is, every single name in the bible has a meaning with every named river, every named tree, every named valley and mountain. Every person in the bible had to have the exact life they led because all it is a story that repeats itself from the beginning to the end, and the end takes you right back to the beginning. You can't change the name of a mountain without taking a meaning away. Every person, every animal and everything named was predestined to have that name and to be what it was and that makes me think of free will and whether we have it or not. Joseph had to be rejected by his brothers, he had to be thrown in a pit and sold into the Gentile nations where he became co ruler when his brothers came up to Egypt and didn't know it was their brother Joseph.

Jesus had to live this same life and he also had to come in the bloodline of Joseph as well as David. He had to be rejected by his brethren, sold into Gentiles, thrown into a pit wherein was no water{Hell}, and he became co ruler in the hearts of Gentiles all over the world.

The brethren of Joseph learn who Joseph is, and they come in trembling fear at what they had done to their brother Joseph, and he told them that everything they had done was meant to be done, there wasn't a free will where they may have done something different, they did exactly what was pre destined to happen and Joseph told them this.

Jesus had to go through these exact things, and when Messiah will appear to his brethren ALONE, he has a face to face with Jews before he reveals himself to anyone, and he comes to all his family in Israel and reveals himself to them, and all this time, the family of Joseph, and the family of Jesus presumed him to be dead, but when Messiah comes, he comes with forgiveness EXPLAINING how their rejection has saved the entire world and he appoints them as head shepherds being able to choose out any land they desire, and this word,'' Shepherd,'' it mean that Israel will be a nation of priests and greatly loved by Joseph and Jesus.

I am seeing a day when the whole world will hear the wailing of crying and tears when the greatest family reunion there ever was has taken place, '' THE FACE TO FACE.''

This doesn't mean that every Jew in the world will be gathered to one place to meet Messiah, Messiah comes to Judah first in this famous, curious, face to face, and I am convinced that it will just suddenly be that Messiah is in each one in the same moment no matter where they are standing, and be it at the kosher meat market or the bingo night, their bodies will suddenly change in a glorious fashion and the whole world will see it and watch it happen.

THE FACE TO FACE

This is what happened when Messiah revealed himself to Paul, and I have no doubt that Messiah revealed himself to many Jews in that day because Paul was one of 7000 reserved in Israel, his family were not of Judah, Paul and all the disciples were of the lost ten tribes, and the priesthood did not turn to the Gentile, it turned to Jews, living as Jews, living amongst Jews but whose family were traced back to the Northern kingdom as one of the 7000 man remnant in each generation as Paul explained.

There is a face to face coming to Judah, and at the same time this is happening, Damascus will be destroyed forever, and that is the very day that the whole world becomes one religion. These are my good opinions.

All the people who are glorified are already appointed, and they had already lived before, and their lives are already pre destined in my opinion.

Old 01-14-2018, 01:43 PM

I think there is a certain number of people who fell to this Earth and that there were so many appointed to be born that the Earth could not sustain them all at one time, and so a 7000 year period was ordained where man would continue for 6000 years until each soul had been born that was to be born. The wars that took place were all meant to happen and the population had to be controlled, not like God ordered war, but I believe God holds his hand over us so that we don't see the animals we are, and he doesn't do this to everyone all the time, and even the ones he protects, he withdraws that hand so they can know and see an abomination within themselves. A third of heaven fell some place, and I don't believe it was on this earth, but I think an earth went through a 7000 year period as raising sons of God and people with free will, and the time of that Earth had run it's course, and there is always A THIRD of heaven, Heaven happens to be in 3 sections and the majority are always standing in that least of the kingdom in the outer court of Gentiles called the outer court of darkness. These are people who did not want to join the tribes of God, but are nonetheless saved, and they are the lowest in the kingdom, a third of the kingdom, and a third of the kingdom ALWAYS falls, and it WILL ALWAYS fall. With the world now going through a population explosion, something is about to happen because the Earth wasn't meant to sustain this many people.

Old 01-14-2018, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
You didn't say " I ".
You said "you".
Don't mess me about Ok, I have experienced this and for myself can believe it. Why therefore would I not believe such a feeling would be experienced by others? Why would you, even if you have never been in a position to miss something (or not), assume that others would not also experience it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or