U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread
Old 01-13-2018, 02:57 AM
3,080 posts, read 1,000,875 times

Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The Creator God is the same God for the Jewish , Islamic , and Christian faith, all which makes these three belief non pagan ...... If these three beliefs have different creeds then that what make them theirs, so each will have opposing views for their belief
"The creator God".

In Judaism, I think it's Hashem.
In Islam, it's Allah
What is it in Christianity? The Father?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2018, 06:05 AM
24,142 posts, read 12,610,892 times
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Look. If you are going to talk about the ''Christian'' God and intend to have a meaningful conversation, then get it right. The doctrine of the Trinity, whether you agree with the doctrine or not, is that there is one God in three persons. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are one God. Three persons or centers of consciousness who so deeply mutually indwell each other as to be one being. The Trinitarian doctrine is that God is one in terms of his essence or nature, but three in terms of personages.

And yes, the God of Christianity is the same God as the Jewish God. The difference is in how he is viewed. Keep in mind that the first Christians were Jews.

Now, you're asking your question of Jews so I'll leave you to your discussion. But at least have enough respect for the Trinitarian teaching to not call the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit three separate Gods. They are one God.
They are three separate gods...
Old 01-13-2018, 06:07 AM
24,142 posts, read 12,610,892 times
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
As others have said above, the Hebrew God is the same as the Christian God (as the "Father"). Jews stop before the continuing revelation as revealed in the New Testament, with the additional "persons" of Jesus and the Holy Spirit also part of God (in entirety). Seen another way, it's as if the Jews cross out the personalities of Jesus and the Holy Spirit, to only leave the Father.
They are not the same...
Old 01-13-2018, 10:09 AM
1,014 posts, read 312,662 times
When talking about this it is important to separate between the idea of God and the God figure. If the Jewish idea of God is an all powerful, all knowing, all present God, and Islam has the same IDEA of the God then those two must, by definition be the same because there isn't room for two such ideas. But if the God character in Jewish understanding said "X" and the God character in Islam said "Not X" then the specific iterations of the God idea cannot be the same as they cannot be said to have quoted self-contradictory ideas.

If the God idea in Judaism is a singular unity that cannot be subdivided though we have names for different aspects. Whether or not this is identical with a Christian idea of God in which the components can address each other as distinct is a subtler theological argument and I get the sense that even within Christianity the opinions of the exact nature of the trinity are diverse and often at odds.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:43 PM
1,597 posts, read 1,156,993 times
If we are truly monotheists, then there can only be ONE God.
But there can can be many different ways of understanding that God.

I spent my first 30 years as a Christian. I've spent close to the last 10 as a Jew.
The two ideas of God are light years apart.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:43 PM
10,410 posts, read 3,286,872 times
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
I think the answer may vary among jewish groups but what's the general consensus in the Jewish theology?

The God of Christianity is the same God as the Jewish God?

A point could be raised, as to which Christian God are we referring to? The father, the son or the Holy Spirit?

I don't know the answer to that. Perhaps the father?
Christians believe in a lawless pagan Babylonian Messiah who was supposedly the very first resurrected Messiah, they prove their belief by being the only people who keep the ways of Tammuz alive.

When for 2000 years Jews have been persecuted for loving and keeping the commandments of God, Christianity has persecuted the for keeping the ways of God.

Does it sound like the same God where one people is persecuted and killed for keeping the ways of the God of the bible?

Christians hear a different call, they exceed in promoting an anti-Christ who is opposed to the Babrbaric God of Israel, not the same Gid.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:45 PM
2,529 posts, read 1,227,581 times
Jesus = Samson
Old 01-14-2018, 08:00 AM
1,520 posts, read 651,872 times
Christians and Jews have the same God. Christians did persecute Jews in past eras especially. Primarily out of jealousy that got twisted into hating Jesus. Christians today .... especially American. UPHOLD ISRAEL more then any other Nation as in Gosh plan that it was to be so again. Also the teaching that Israel will be head of the Nations in the age to come.

Most will say Jesus was Jewish in use of the term today and he and Apostles clearly did worship on the Temple until the point of claims about Jesus had them persecuted. There are Scholars believe a Apostle or couple did hold positions in the Temple once.

The way most groups in Christianity see Jesus as a part of God manifest in the flesh..... that is where a can't be the same God divide makes its presence in Judaism in a Christian Trinity notion of God especially. Also in how a Satan is perceived and the resurrection of Jesus of course. Though Judaism sees a restored Temple WITH a sacrificial system? Christians who see it rebuilt would see that aspect fulfilled in Jesus.

I still maintain Judaism's Messianic Age to come and a Kingdom age of much of Christianity ..... are the same expectation. Both claim Israel as head of Nations with the Messiah arrival. The denial in Judaism is any connection to this Christian Jesus as one and a return.

To be seen as my opinion and not more as for me to debate.....

Last edited by DavePa; 01-14-2018 at 08:09 AM..
Old 01-14-2018, 01:36 PM
10,410 posts, read 3,286,872 times
For the first 100 years, a Christian was a convert to Judaism being legally authorized by Rome. It was impossible to be in an unauthorized religion and Christianity flew under the banner of Judaism until the day Gentiles converted back to the ways of Roma, and who could blame them after the Jewish war? Nobody wanted to look like a Jew, you kept the Passover of our Lord, and you just might get killed, you and your whole family. I would like to think that I would have chosen death rather than denying my Passover lamb, my goat of Yom Kippur and my Sukkot Bull. Gentiles were added to the nation in those first years, but that has been long ago, Christianity maybe in support of Israel, but as long as they reject the feasts of Jesus, they don't have an inheritance in Israel. They maybe saved, but salvation is the least in the kingdom, salvation doesn't include you in the covenant Messiah brought only for Ephraim and Judah.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:20 PM
2,049 posts, read 435,503 times
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
...is completely irrelevant to the question.

Christianity, Judaism and Islam are all rooted in the same beginnings and are based on the same [supposed] 'god'...which is something that makes the animosity between these groups hilarious (apart from the fact that many ignorant/innocent people are dying because of it, a tragedy that is a major indicator that none of them are 'right').
Islam is different from them and declared war on Christianity and Judaism

The Christians did not declare war on the Jews and also because Christ did not know Muhammad but Christ
We warned them and said false prophets will come and declare my name and this is what Muhammad did
We find this contradiction in the Koran
And the relationship between Christianity and Judaism
It is a one-sided relationship
For Christ is a Jew in his origin
His followers are also Jewish
But the difference occurred in the Jews' view of Christ
The Jews wait for Christ, who is working to restore the glory of King David
While Christ rejected this and said that His kingdom was not of this world
It can be said that it is a political difference and not a difference of faith
Because Christ did not violate the Torah in many of its moral principles and also in the oneness of God
Christ said He did not come until He abolished the law
But he came to complete the law
And he declared that God was not a national God to the Jews
But he is the God of humanity
He declared that God is love
This is the essence of the Torah and the Gospel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or