U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 07:37 AM

12,517 posts, read 10,671,740 times

Advertisements

I sit....in stillness.
God infuses my brain/mind with enormous insights....where my eyes actually
pop open and my mouth drops!! LOL! I 'get' tons of reasons for the craziest things....
And these answers do NOT come from myself...thus, the word infused.

Jeremiah 33:3, good one to remember.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2018, 07:46 AM

327 posts, read 126,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I sit....in stillness.
God infuses my brain/mind with enormous insights....where my eyes actually
pop open and my mouth drops!! LOL! I 'get' tons of reasons for the craziest things....
And these answers do NOT come from myself...thus, the word infused.

Jeremiah 33:3, good one to remember.
Wow! I couldn't rep you.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:14 AM

18,743 posts, read 8,806,278 times
Only Buddha knows.
Only Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva know.

Gee, it's so easy to make such statements.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:14 PM

12,517 posts, read 10,671,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Only Buddha knows.

Ah...yeah...Brahma and Vishnu...um yeah....

Old 01-28-2018, 09:30 PM

It seems to me that if only god knows, then there is no point in Christians posting, since they know nothing.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Only Buddha knows.

Too easy.

God is a God of truth, what have you to speak for them?
They have no God or gods. Share.

True or not, only God knows what was on my mind today...and yours, except you share.

When did God create a Man?
When did God create a Man, and separate him from the animals?
When God made Adam in his own Image?
When God made Christ in his own image?
One fell. One rose up. A real God made Man?

And then I saw them:
And the words had 2 wings with which to lift themselves up.
And they had 2 wings with which to completely cover themselves.
And they had 2 wings with which covered their hands-handiwork.

I think they must come in pairs. A pair in which is a seed, and the seed is the word of God vs. history of Men as gods; thorns and thistles.

Cherubims?

Cherub ,n., pl. cherubs for 3. Cherubim for 1, 2. – 1. A kind of celestial being. Genesis 3:24; Ezek. 1-10. 2. Theol. A member of the second order of angels, distinguished by knowledge; often represented as a beautiful winged child, or as a winged head of a child. 3. A beautiful innocent person, especially a child. 4. An innocent face. [ME and OE cherubin, pl., ult. t. Heb.:m. kerub sing., karubim, pl.] – ???and they sing???

And they were gathering east of Eden with fiery two-edged swords that cut both ways; it cut for good, it cut for evil, but always it cut to the way of life; And the flaming swords began cutting every way to protect and keep the way of the tree of life.

I'm not positive, my thoughts, what's Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva, in your own words, all have to say - speak your mind, I'd like to know. Only God knows all we ever knew.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
Too easy.

True or not, only God knows what was on my mind today...and yours, except you share.

And then I saw them:

I think they must come in pairs. A pair in which is a seed, and the seed is the word of God vs. history of Men as gods; thorns and thistles.

Cherubims?

Cherub ,n., pl. cherubs for 3. Cherubim for 1, 2. 1. A kind of celestial being. Genesis 3:24; Ezek. 1-10. 2. Theol. A member of the second order of angels, distinguished by knowledge; often represented as a beautiful winged child, or as a winged head of a child. 3. A beautiful innocent person, especially a child. 4. An innocent face. [ME and OE cherubin, pl., ult. t. Heb.:m. kerub sing., karubim, pl.] ???and they sing???

And they were gathering east of Eden with fiery two-edged swords that cut both ways; it cut for good, it cut for evil, but always it cut to the way of life; And the flaming swords began cutting every way to protect and keep the way of the tree of life.

I'm not positive, my thoughts, what's Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva, in your own words, all have to say - speak your mind, I'd like to know. Only God knows all we ever knew.
Everything you wrote could just as well be a fantasy as a reality. Where's the evidence?

Old 01-31-2018, 10:30 AM

1,863 posts, read 638,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by auralmack View Post
Too easy.

And then I saw them:

Cherubims?

Cherub ,n., pl. cherubs for 3. Cherubim for 1, 2. 1. A kind of celestial being. Genesis 3:24; Ezek. 1-10. 2. Theol. A member of the second order of angels, distinguished by knowledge; often represented as a beautiful winged child, or as a winged head of a child. 3. A beautiful innocent person, especially a child. 4. An innocent face. [ME and OE cherubin, pl., ult. t. Heb.:m. kerub sing., karubim, pl.] ???and they sing???

Harry Potter books are not evidence that Harry Potter is real. Im quite certain that you dismiss all other claimed gods other than yours. What evidence do you have to substantiate yours and dismiss others beliefs.

Old 01-31-2018, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Everything you wrote could just as well be a fantasy as a reality. Where's the evidence?
Evidence for what? That this is a fantasy that mirrors reality? That life is a fantasy? The things we experience is a fantasy in our minds where we can set and wander through our memories which is what? Reality long gone, a fantasy? It no longer exists.

And it is not my story anymore than it was Moses story, or the Babylonian story...arriving almost certainly at least 3400 BC with the Sumerians and the beginning of our history; written history. This story has a mind of its own.

Analects, selective passages from the writings of an author or of different authors; things gathered.

What evidence are you looking to prove? These things don't make sense? According to what?

The words are the evidence to what I say. I'm working from the Bible and a Dictionary. What kind of evidence are you really asking me for?

sorry, I offended you. seems I got another infraction.

Can you tell us a little about Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva? No God? some God? much blood on their hands? Give some of their concepts from your own mind. Tell us what you think? Is their any truth in their fantasy or realities? It is all probably allegorical based upon some reality or truth...

What the 1611 Bible Story is really saying, I think I know. And this is the only way I can even start to explain it.

Old 01-31-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Harry Potter books are not evidence that Harry Potter is real. I’m quite certain that you dismiss all other claimed gods other than yours. What evidence do you have to substantiate yours and dismiss others beliefs.
Harry Potter books are evidence of a "Mind at work." A fantasy that doesn't mirror reality exactly.

The Bible is evidence of "Different Minds over millenniums at work towards one work."

Why do you think I will dismiss what others believe? I believe I could die today and come back tomorrow more than I could die today for the end of all time. What evidence? I have an opinion.

What beliefs I might dismiss is those that are suppose to come from the same Book I am working from: God curses men for eating apples, and some Blame Satan, and others Blame God as the source of our problems. Get real. Evidence is found in the scriptures and before our eyes today: #1. Only God is righteous. Ideally or materially. Truth, to make peace. #2. Men as gods. Ideally or materially. Lies and deceptions, to make wars.

Government is just an idea of men, supported by men.

So, true or not - at worst:
God is just an idea of men, supported by men.

God is an entity of truth. Honesty matters.
Government is an entity of lies and deceptions. Honesty is a loser.

And I doubt that I would dismiss or even argue with your claim of other gods.
But I probably won't completely change my mind either. We might give each other insight to our thoughts.

Give us a little insight to whatever it is you think about God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or