U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 10:28 AM

2,010 posts, read 3,134,483 times

Advertisements

How do you know when someone is being brainwashed by their"church". I say church lightly because i'm not sure what this is that shes going to. The pastor does nothing but scream and yell and work himself up into a frenzy. I've seen a person on the floor that they were trying to heal. I've heard him tell people that Jesus will heal their health, when in reality they can't be healed. My friend has changed, she's so different, not the person she used to be before she started going to this church. It seems like she's being sucked in to whatever this is, i dont even know what religion he preaches, it's kinda hard to to tell with all the yelling he does. I honestly believe him and his wife recruit people and take advantage of them, Just curious if anyone knows about these kind of places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2018, 10:54 AM

19,965 posts, read 21,930,712 times
One is brainwashed when they accept EVERYTHING the church teaches without QUESTION and is willing to do ANYTHING to defend the church.

Old 02-17-2018, 10:59 AM

2,010 posts, read 3,134,483 times
Thats exactly what's going on, thankyou. I'm not even sure what this Pastor preaches, all he does is yell, he gets scary.

Old 02-17-2018, 11:16 AM

20,001 posts, read 24,823,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
One is brainwashed when they accept EVERYTHING the church teaches without QUESTION and is willing to do ANYTHING to defend the church.

Also when they believe it is wrong to question the word of god or their church.

Old 02-17-2018, 02:25 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,749,254 times
Did you attend a service with your friend?

Old 02-17-2018, 02:32 PM

19,965 posts, read 21,930,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Thats exactly what's going on, thankyou. I'm not even sure what this Pastor preaches, all he does is yell, he gets scary.
slip him some prosec to relax and have a real conversation with him.

Old 02-17-2018, 05:18 PM

7,678 posts, read 6,403,009 times
Many times God through Jesus Christ will wash out the demonic spirits and place God`s living spirit in the person who gives His life to God , where God has His spirit which is the Goodness spirit ..........Still there are religions of the world who don`t have God and man may brain wash people with their passions

Old 02-17-2018, 05:25 PM

4,383 posts, read 2,123,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Please keep in mind the religious leaders of Jesus' day were corrupted, so it should Not 'Sue'prise anyone that is happening today. Jesus forewarned us at Matthew 15:9. Jesus also forewarned us so we can be forearmed that MANY would come ' in his name ' but prove false at Matthew 7:21-23.

Also, we are informed that after the death of the Apostles that false teachers ( Dressed in sheep's clothing ) would be fleecing the flock of God - Acts 20:29-30. This is in harmony with Jesus story about the genuine ' wheat ' Christians would be growing together with the fake ' weed/tares' Christians until the harvest time.
As we know a harvest comes at the end of a growing season. We are nearing that end ' time of separation ' to take place on Earth as mentioned at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill (Not badwill)

Old 02-17-2018, 05:32 PM

5,183 posts, read 2,363,235 times
Could one take legal action? It sounds like this woman is being damaged - there would likely be more. May be difficult to prove though.

Old 02-17-2018, 06:44 PM
Status: "Herding cats and stalking amoebas" (set 8 days ago)

2,926 posts, read 1,013,275 times
I wonder about the person who started a thread a day or two ago about leaving his/her Jehovah's Witness church. Seemed like he/she was totally spooked. I commented by their words that they sounded as though they were under a spell by their church leaders and maybe family (I avoided the word "brainwashed"). Then the thread quickly and mysteriously disappeared. I can only guess that they freaked out about leaving the church, and commenting here, and begged to have it pulled ASAP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality