Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 01:11 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,589,417 times

Advertisements

I had this strange conversation with a co worker yesterday and got to thinking more about it today.

The idea they were talking about was, maybe I am already dead and everything around me, things I do on a daily basis, places I go, etc, are all just 'mental manifestations'...how would I know this for sure, or be sure it wasnt so?

Could our brains actually create such a mental illusion?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2018, 01:12 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,283,162 times
The Matrix

Old 02-25-2018, 01:37 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I had this strange conversation with a co worker yesterday and got to thinking more about it today.

The idea they were talking about was, maybe I am already dead and everything around me, things I do on a daily basis, places I go, etc, are all just 'mental manifestations'...how would I know this for sure, or be sure it wasnt so?

No point worrying about it. Find a way to be joyful in your illusion.

Old 02-25-2018, 02:10 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,441,143 times
Quote:

Sorry to say,'' YOU ARE DEAD.''

Estás muerto

Sorry kid, no other way to break it to you, now live with it, I mean, be dead with it.

Old 02-25-2018, 02:11 PM

Einstein proved that time doesn't exist as far as I am concerned. The past, the present and the future all occupy the same space.

Old 02-25-2018, 02:14 PM

I do sincerely believe that all of us lived before this Earth was even created. But then for all pretenses and porpoises, I believe this is where the third of heaven fell, and a third of heaven will always fall and they will begin again until they enter into the Tabernacles of heaven. I believe I lived before and I fell here.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:08 PM

45,580 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:

Hint... if you brain is capable of creating an illusion, most likely you are alive.

Let me know when your brain stops its creativity.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:08 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Einstein proved that time doesn't exist as far as I am concerned. The past, the present and the future all occupy the same space.
Perhaps as far as you're concerned Hannibal, but in reality Einstein demonstrated that time, which is a part of the space-time 'fabric,' is quite real and that it is relative. Time moves slower for a person in motion than for a person who is standing still. Time also moves faster at altitude because of the reduced effect of earth's gravity. And this is easily shown in experiments.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:30 PM

16,078 posts, read 10,738,506 times
I had a pastor that proposed that we exist outside/apart of time and that we are already in heaven in sort of a parallel existence that is eternal. Perhaps time is a human concept and maybe we exist in more than one form at any given time.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Perhaps as far as you're concerned Hannibal, but in reality Einstein demonstrated that time, which is a part of the space-time 'fabric,' is quite real and that it is relative. Time moves slower for a person in motion than for a person who is standing still. Time also moves faster at altitude because of the reduced effect of earth's gravity. And this is easily shown in experiments.
Yeah I can't never figure it out although I have literally watched a ton of shows explaining it, and I come to the same conclusion. I don't much believe in time, or that I even have free will, just my opinion and it is as good as anyone else's because there are nothing but opinions.....It would certainly be laughable if someone were to say that the earth is 6000 years old, or even that a literal flood came, and I have opinions there also. People used to think that the Earth was the center of the universe and it seems so silly now, or even to think that this is the only Earth with people. That would be impossible, I am sure there are billions of earths out there, and I know there is a bible coming to each one. Hell, it's already happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality