Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2018, 03:39 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,580,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesg View Post
Actually the line is "time not important, only life important".

The 5th element was a fun movie.
no, actually, my line from 82, is time doesn't matter, only life matters. yeah, I did like the movie also. wasn't great, but i liked it. i am older so the music hurt a little bit.

and what I meant by that is humans think on humans time scales. many can't understand that if you thought at a rate of 'one thought per 100 years" you would watch the crust of the earth moving like we do in a time lapse movie. human would be almost, if not totally invisible. "cities" would look they are 'alive".

look at the cosmic web. what information is being past along that newt work? People do not understand that to a moth, you are an infinite being. it doesn't see you change at all. To a humming bird, or a fly, youre moving in slow motion.

its still life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 04:56 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,064,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
no, actually, my line from 82, is time doesn't matter, only life matters. yeah, I did like the movie also. wasn't great, but i liked it. i am older so the music hurt a little bit.

and what I meant by that is humans think on humans time scales. many can't understand that if you thought at a rate of 'one thought per 100 years" you would watch the crust of the earth moving like we do in a time lapse movie. human would be almost, if not totally invisible. "cities" would look they are 'alive".

look at the cosmic web. what information is being past along that newt work? People do not understand that to a moth, you are an infinite being. it doesn't see you change at all. To a humming bird, or a fly, youre moving in slow motion.

its still life.
Stop it, my brain hurts.
Not sure what to make of the cosmic web stuff.

Old 04-13-2018, 01:03 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Quote:
Stop it, my brain hurts.
Don't worry. It's all about creating mental confusion so we doubts everything we thought we knew, in hopes to make all sort of wacky speculative hypotheses look equally valid.

Old 04-13-2018, 07:30 AM

16,777 posts, read 4,982,520 times
Quote:
Good for you for at least having a go.
You are the second observer, the first was present at the big bang and is now ,using your figure , 13.7B light yrs out there.

The time differential is 13.7B vs 6k.
So the next time a creationist nutjob says the 6k yr old universe was created in an instant you should ask...how did they know?
You are still getting it wrong. The first user at the big bang would not see me, as I would not exist at that time.

At the present time, a second observer would be somewhere IN a 13.7 billion year old universe, as they too would have expanded with the universe. But they would most likely be some other distance than 13.7 billion light years away.

Perhaps you should try and understand the concept of the big bang, the universe and relativity instead of relying on nonsense taken from a creationist web site.

Old 04-13-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
You are still getting it wrong. The first user at the big bang would not see me, as I would not exist at that time.

At the present time, a second observer would be somewhere IN a 13.7 billion year old universe, as they too would have expanded with the universe. But they would most likely be some other distance than 13.7 billion light years away.

Perhaps you should try and understand the concept of the big bang, the universe and relativity instead of relying on nonsense taken from a creationist web site.
they dont understand the process. Watch it, describe it, predict with it, test it again.

If a conclusion has an explanation, mechanism, and makes predictions its more valid than those that don't. And "deny everything" is just not science at all.

Old 04-13-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Stop it, my brain hurts.
yup, That's the point. we have people telling us what is what in terms of science and a statement of belief. Down play the stuff that doesn't support a belief statement and over play the stuff that does.

we have denominations of atheist doing it and we denominations of theist doing it.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:06 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,064,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post

Its my thought experiment , I designed the Set up....not you.
I sent you with the inflation, I remained.
You experience 6kyr, I am 14byr old.

Old 05-11-2018, 03:17 AM

283 posts, read 172,506 times
The fact that someone choose a Christian funeral ( you don't need to call a magazine or newspaper explaining them you have changed your mind ) is enough to prove his conversion...

Gossip newspaper or any magazine or newspaper are not the sources of his deathbed conversion...

Anyway... like it or not... his Christian funeral ( it is a sacrament.. and only true Christians believe in sacraments.. no followers of atheism needs a sacrament) speaks for itself...
A Christian -Anglican or Catholic- Priest will never celebrate a Christian funeral ( in the Church ) just for fun of the curios.

A priest before accepting to celebrate a funeral checks whether the deceased was baptized and if he was not explicitly atheist... and to get this information a Christian priest asks his family and not the journalists of gossip magazines..
Everybody knows that you can convert to Jesus any time before dying..

You can not have a Christian funeral if you are not baptized and if you don't deny your atheism ( only relatives could know the last will of Hawking.. and the Christian funeral speaks for itself without any other explanation )

Christian Church and Christian priest are not toys that can be used as you wish..

The relatives have the duty of informing ( they are supposed to know the last will of the deceased ) the priest about the last wishes of the deceased...

Do you think that relatives could have lied to the priest by not telling the truth about the latest Hawking convictions?

It could be and in one stroke Hawking's relatives would have made fun of the deceased .... themselves..... and the Church ...

Great satisfaction

Do you think that this is an atheistic funeral of someone who claimed to be an atheist ?

So if you don't want a Christian service funeral... you need to inform your family not to lie to the priests on your last wills ..

In simple words : being not baptized.. agnostic or atheist prevents you from having a Christian funeral

Last edited by asiago12; 05-11-2018 at 03:28 AM..

Old 05-11-2018, 03:53 AM

3,802 posts, read 2,997,866 times
Well researched, and very good points.
Whether he was buried or cremated is also noteworthy.
There certainly is a very good case that he did indeed convert at the very end of his life.

Old 05-11-2018, 04:32 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiago12 View Post
The fact that someone choose a Christian funeral ( you don't need to call a magazine or newspaper explaining them you have changed your mind ) is enough to prove his conversion...

Gossip newspaper or any magazine or newspaper are not the sources of his deathbed conversion...

Anyway... like it or not... his Christian funeral ( it is a sacrament.. and only true Christians believe in sacraments.. no followers of atheism needs a sacrament) speaks for itself...
A Christian -Anglican or Catholic- Priest will never celebrate a Christian funeral ( in the Church ) just for fun of the curios.

A priest before accepting to celebrate a funeral checks whether the deceased was baptized and if he was not explicitly atheist... and to get this information a Christian priest asks his family and not the journalists of gossip magazines..
Everybody knows that you can convert to Jesus any time before dying..

You can not have a Christian funeral if you are not baptized and if you don't deny your atheism ( only relatives could know the last will of Hawking.. and the Christian funeral speaks for itself without any other explanation )

Christian Church and Christian priest are not toys that can be used as you wish..

The relatives have the duty of informing ( they are supposed to know the last will of the deceased ) the priest about the last wishes of the deceased...

Do you think that relatives could have lied to the priest by not telling the truth about the latest Hawking convictions?

It could be and in one stroke Hawking's relatives would have made fun of the deceased .... themselves..... and the Church ...

Great satisfaction

Do you think that this is an atheistic funeral of someone who claimed to be an atheist ?

So if you don't want a Christian service funeral... you need to inform your family not to lie to the priests on your last wills ..

In simple words : being not baptized.. agnostic or atheist prevents you from having a Christian funeral
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/st...-pope-francis/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality