Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 07:14 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,762,684 times

Advertisements

By the way, I just think it's interesting whenever an alleged atheist has one of these experiences. As far as whether she is on the up and up, I have no way of knowing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2018, 07:19 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,971,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
What results do you have from your control group?

Oh, that's right, you don't have a control group.

All you have is a pool of people who have been heavily contaminated by near-death experiences, concepts of an after-life and religious views.
jeez...the poster isn't asking you to believe it, just what your think about it....lighten up

Old 03-18-2018, 10:23 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,028,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
1. she had out of body experience. Not near death one.
2. 4 min is not enough to be "dead". It's actually between 15 and 20. Some did better than that.
3. I see nothing in her description that qualifies it as "heaven". In religious sense, of course.
4. I am glad she returned back to life with a purpose. Same time, somehow, I can't develop much respect to a person that uses "Stuff" as intelligent descriptor to some grand knowledge passed onto her. Sorry.
5. It's self promotion. Her, her book, her site. She "got on TV". YouTube is modern day TV equivalent. How should I put it. Those who had TRUE connection with Intelligences dwelling in The Realm of Permanence, rather do not develop inclinations to go public and "cure the world". Selling "stuff" along the mission.
For #3. She literally said it was a nice place and an ANGEL was guiding her. Very religious if you ask me.
For #4. I didn't like her "it was weeks, months, a lifetime even" ... choose a time-frame already, seems like you are making it up on the spot otherwise and have no idea how you kept time while in the experience/dream.
For #5. Yes, I found it sketchy that she wasn't just doing it all for free. Very weird to want to make money off of heaven, instead of volunteering as its spokesperson perpetually and destitutely. (I mean its supposed heaven, so not even 40-60 years on Earth as the Queen of all Technology would even begin to compare).

Old 03-18-2018, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
That's why it's called "near death".
Well, most people assume that if your heart stops and is restarted, that somehow restarts/revives your mind also if you were unconscious ("dead") as such.

Not too many people would be thinking that what this lady meant by her NDE is that she was under anesthesia and was merely "unconscious" as if in a coma, without her heart stopping to pump oxygen to her brain. Let alone how many minutes it would take to actually kill a brain totally rather than just making it fall asleep from oxygen deprivation.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
jeez...the poster isn't asking you to believe it, just what your think about it....lighten up
Mircea's reaction is simply a product of her conditioning. She had expectations as to religious motivations (in terms of propaganda, etc.) merely from the putting forth of such a story [#atheistfindsCatholicJesus, etc.].

Old 03-18-2018, 10:32 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,048,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
What do you think of this kind of experience? She said that she used to have a more medical/scientific understanding about this, until she actually experience it for herself.

Part of the "message" I think she received is that God uses other people to help us. In other words, everyone needs other people. She needed people (the medical technicians in this case) to help bring her back to life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VM9wcYvnCc
Ironic thread title (I didn't watch the video yet).

How did she go to heaven when she did not believe in one?

Old 03-19-2018, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Ironic thread title (I didn't watch the video yet).

How did she go to heaven when she did not believe in one?
It is a common cultural norm around here to have Christians saying that "they didn't really believe" until some "great and amazing" or "just personal" experience brought them to believe that Jesus was really God. It's the basic outline of the Story of Paul/Saul.

A "conversion through experiencing an extraordinary event" motif. Very powerful.

Old 03-19-2018, 03:13 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,793,132 times
Money. Money. Money. Money. Money. Money.Money. Money. Money. Money. Money. Money.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:39 AM

18,423 posts, read 9,043,161 times
Why do so many people think that experiences are inherently supernatural?

Today I had the unfortunate experience of burning my tongue with a cup of hot coffee. As far as I know, no supernatural agents were involved.

Old 03-19-2018, 07:45 AM

24,181 posts, read 9,112,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Why do so many people think that experiences are inherently supernatural?

Today I had the unfortunate experience of burning my tongue with a cup of hot coffee. As far as I know, no supernatural agents were involved.
Because humans are pretty vain. The thought of ceasing to exist is something they don't want to accept, hence the need for religion to create the fairy tale of heaven and hell.

"Dead? I will live forever and ever and ever. In a better place! I have no idea what I'll do for eternity but certainly this place exists somewhere."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality