Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 08:26 PM

4,897 posts, read 18,489,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
...do you believe we choose specifically? Such as not only the family we're born into, but what conditions we may or may not have, etc.?

What are your thoughts on choosing an intellectually disabled incarnation? What do you think the lessons might be?
actually from what i understand, a person might come into this life intellectually challenged in order to elevate another's soul--as in the parents/family
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 09:24 PM

790 posts, read 4,019,255 times
Quote:
What beautiful things to say. I have never thought of it quite this way.

You don't sound presumptuous! This is what I asked for...people's opinions on how all this works. Because my own head is kind of in a muddle right now. It's a lot to take in, you know? Surprises around every corner with this little guy. Thank you so very much.
And thank you for your response. Internet communication is so strange and often i don't whether or not i'm connecting with someone unless it's directly expressed so thank you again.
I can't imagine having a child ... any child. "My" dog is as much as i can handle.
I imagine, no matter how challenging, that you have a very interesting and fruitful road ahead of you with your little guy.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:05 AM

22,161 posts, read 19,213,038 times
Quote:
...do you believe we choose specifically? Such as not only the family we're born into, but what conditions we may or may not have, etc.?

What are your thoughts on choosing an intellectually disabled incarnation? What do you think the lessons might be?
Absolutely yes we choose every aspect of our life: gender, race, country, culture, ethnicity, all of it we choose ahead of time. Economic class, intelligence, family of origin, our siblings, our parents, we all choose ahead of time. Obstacles, traumatic events over which we have "no control" challenges we choose for specific, individual reasons.

My friend Ronnie laughs at this of course and says, "Then why don't we all choose rich, thin, and blonde?!"

Our spirit is interested in evolution of the soul, growing into the biggest brightest best most evolved we can be. We choose a life plan to move us in that direction. Evolution never ends, either in physical life, or when we leave life and exist in non-physical realms as spirit, or when we are between lifetimes.

It is fascinating to hear and read and seek to understand why certain paths are chosen. Some of the most highly evolved souls choose to incarnate in what we might see as "challenging" roles to play. Often this can be to bring growth and love to the people around them.

For instance, talk and listen closely to families with severely disabled in some way children, there is a thread of how much love and caring the child brought to the other family members, the steps they had to walk through in having that child in their lives, the growth they themselves received.

My understanding is that as a soul group, autistic children (and adults) are some of the most highly evolved souls, and they act as messengers of love to the people around them in the world. At that level it is not about personal ego gratification ("make me thin and blond and rich!") but a soul asking how best can I serve through love?

Old 03-28-2008, 01:54 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,995,285 times
Wow. What wonderful answers. I'm going to chew on them for a while. Thank you so much. Great insights.

Old 03-28-2008, 03:11 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,525,886 times
Default choosing our life

I do believe we choose our life's path. I have read many books on the subject and am convinced that we all have lessons to be learned. As to choosing to be disabled in any way, I believe that would be a plus in the ladder up to our final destination. We need to experience all walks of life be it male or female, black, white asian, rich poor, etc.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:08 PM

19 posts, read 41,358 times
Yes, I do believe it. There are some cases (though I don't know how reliable) where kids know about things from somewhere else or dream of things they've never experienced. This couldn't happen unless they were somehow alive before birth.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:31 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,525,886 times
Thumbs up Little boy who was a pilot

If you all have not heard about the little boy who had nightmares of burning and crashing in a plane, please Goggle it. It is fasinating and to me proves the case for reincarnation.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude1948 View Post
If you all have not heard about the little boy who had nightmares of burning and crashing in a plane, please Goggle it. It is fasinating and to me proves the case for reincarnation.
My eldest son from the time he was a babe in arms would go into absolute screaming hysterical terror every time he saw a dog. I'm convinced it had to come from some life when he was ripped to shreds. This was waaaaaaay before he could even talk, and there were no other fears in his life at all.

Old 03-30-2008, 12:13 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,435,824 times
Quote:

imho what determines our incarnation is karma, more than ourselves

Old 03-31-2008, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
imho what determines our incarnation is karma, more than ourselves
but souls reach a point in their evolution where we move beyond karma, where it has all been fulfilled, and at that point many very evolved souls still do choose to return in human form as a high act of love, and to further the evolution of others
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality