Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 06:50 PM

11,020 posts, read 5,982,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I call my guy honey bear...does this mean he's a bear?
I get called 'baby', does that make me a baby?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2018, 07:44 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,257,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
I get called 'baby', does that make me a baby?
Awww does the baby need coddling?

I would tell Tza to stop shaving her legs, plucking her eyebrows, stop shaving under the arms, stop getting hair cuts and see how that makes her look. LOL

Last edited by Matadora; 05-29-2018 at 08:41 PM..

Old 05-29-2018, 11:15 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Quote:
I would tell Tza to stop shaving her legs, plucking her eyebrows, stop shaving under the arms, stop getting hair cuts and see how that makes her look. LOL
Now that is good!

Old 05-30-2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I said that is my view of our purpose, NOT that we are achieving it. The problem is that too many people think that worshiping God is our purpose when it is to reproduce God's love for all life.
Have you ever stopped to think that perhaps the reason most humans are not achieving it is because it's a man created invention that has not been successful thus far in shaping human behavior? We have seen cases where human behaviors are easily shaped by following a simple practice of meditation, yoga, exercise, mantras, chanting or breathing exercises. However we don't see this in people who follow religion...people can tout all day long about how religious or connected to a god they are but often times you find that these folks are the worst humans on earth. Why do you suppose prisons are full of born again religious folks? Religion is a band-aid that falls off repeatedly.

I think if everyone would listen to the stories from humans who work in law enforcement or as psychologists you will hear the stories of the cruelty of humans since the dawn of recorded history.

Here is just one tiny example of the plethora of examples of ongoing human cruelty.
Quote:
I entered law enforcement at 20 years of age. When I retired 30 years later I thought I had seen the full spectrum of human abuse, violence and degradation. The cruelty of humankind no longer shocked me, though it wore me down.

Through the years I never investigated a single case of sexual abuse of an animal and none of my fellow officers ever spoke of it. The crimes occurred under the radar, hiding in the long dark shadows of secrecy, pain and trauma.
Zoophilia*: A Hidden Horror for Animals

This is enough evidence for me to infer that religion as an institution is a failure. It's also interesting that you see more men claiming that we are born sinners and clinging to fundamental religious beliefs more than women. I wonder if it stems from their guilt of being a male and understanding that males are the main culprits for all the cruelty we see on earth.

The concept of an all powerful, good and knowing god flies in the face of common sense when you stop and take the time to understand the cruelty of humans.

This is just one tiny example...just think of all the others I have not mentioned. It's enormous the ongoing cruelty humans inflict on all life forms on earth...but according to religious folks it's all because someone is not worshiping a god correctly.

Last edited by Matadora; 05-30-2018 at 07:00 PM..

Old 05-31-2018, 02:52 AM

11,020 posts, read 5,982,960 times
Quote:

The concept of an all powerful, good and knowing god flies in the face of common sense when you stop and take the time to understand the cruelty of humans.
Exactly.

Old 05-31-2018, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Exactly.
Sadly many use the god band-aid to cloud facing reality. I think if humans would instead face reality head on vs. hiding behind a band-aid the world might actually become a better place to exist upon.

Old 05-31-2018, 04:29 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,603,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
There is no mention of God in any of the items listed in post #289 and #291.
do you really consider your wife an ape? do you really see your children as no different than apes?
Wives came from ribs, not apes. DUH!

Old 06-26-2018, 08:02 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,257,477 times
Quote:
Sadly many use the god band-aid to cloud facing reality. I think if humans would instead face reality head on vs. hiding behind a band-aid the world might actually become a better place to exist upon.
Common sense belief in God is a matter of choice.
Were it not for choice between what is good or evil....we'd all be animals who are trapped in being what they were/are designed to be.
Humans, on the other hand, can create, advance in knowledge and excell without limits in all areas.
Common sense is intellectual reasoning not common to animals.
To equate animals to humans is, in my opinion, not having respect to ones gift of intellectual abilities.
Only, common sense would tell us that.
Origin, though, is from a higher intelligence, understood.....as God.

Old 06-26-2018, 09:49 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times
Men say , if God came to earth men would believe, but God did come to earth and men resented having their lies exposed and killed Him . Should Jesus come to earth again now it would not be any different . Men resent their lies being exposed .
Jesus provided the Holy Spirit to teach in His place, wicked men have no power to stop and only those desperate to know Him can enjoy.
Those that might attempt to manipulate can't, but those that cooperate have His guidance .
Because God is spirit ,only those awakened by Him in spirit can know Him .
There have been men that were awakened of God through Jesus name not affiliated to any particular church , simply the desperation on their own to know and seek God HONESTLY, not accepting second hand information . God is not obligated to reveal Him self to the liar and deceptive or the abusive, self glorifying egocentric .
They whom lie believe every one lies ,so doing justifying them selves in the act, also believe God lies. this is true of Allah but not the Lord God of heaven. According to scriptures, all liars end in hell even the religious ones . Miss led false teachers/prophets are liars . how is it God would allow misleading ? misleading happens by choice . the Holy Spirit does not mislead . Do I mess up ? yes but I know that when I correct the mistake there is forgiveness when I ask ..The more often I seek God for direction, and fallow His leading, the less often I make mistakes.
How do I know that His leading is not my own ?
Often times I need guidance in an area I have no prier experience or knowledge ,and the inspiration I get from God directs me through as though I've been there before. I have lots of coincidences ,as the world might put it .
Often enough to begin to take God for granted, but I choose not to .

Old 06-26-2018, 01:52 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Yeah,he did.
"....my view is that our purpose is to reproduce the consciousness of God. "
Whatever that means.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I have a new electronic version of the Theist= English dictionary, but that one crashed it.
Quote:
Thanks I missed that and yes what the heck does that even mean?
The English is quite clear and straightforward so what is unclear?
Quote:
It makes no sense to believe that's the purpose when humans are the reason this earth is suffering and humanity is suffering as well as other animal species suffering due to human activity. It does not amount to a hill of beans that the planet is full of people worshiping their personal god...the suffering and destruction continue. The vast misery and destruction that we see on earth is a high price to pay just so that humans can " reproduce the consciousness of God."
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I said that is my view of our purpose, NOT that we are achieving it. The problem is that too many people think that worshiping God is our purpose when it is to reproduce God's love for all life. IF we all achieved that state of consciousness and acted accordingly, the deleterious effects you speak of would not exist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Not in agreement or disagreement, but if you put it that way rather than the mumbo-jumbo way that you did........
I suppose it served to make the thread a little longer and try to cow us 'less erudite and intelligent'participants from responding .
I said it as clearly and unambiguously as I could. I am quite surprised it was so poorly understood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality