Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2018, 10:01 AM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Funda-gelical men are weak, stupid, and often brutal. They revere the bible because it gives them permission to subjugate women and hate gays.

As a bonus, if they say the right magic words to Jesus, they'll shoot straight to heaven when they rattle their last breath.

In other words, it doesn't surprise me when men with all the spirituality of maggots say crap like that. And it surprises me even less that other maggots support them.

Stupid is as stupid does.
YUP, but everyone should already have a clue, his name is Robertson, I think that is what you call ,'' Inherited craziness,'' Pat Robertson lol. WHY, WHY did anyone ever watch the Robertsons?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2018, 08:06 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,993,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I think this is the best explanation ever!
It is no explanation at all. The Bible does not teach a spouse should remain in an abusive relationship and just pray about it.

Those Christians teaching that did not get that theology from the Bible.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:12 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,004,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
YUP, but everyone should already have a clue, his name is Robertson, I think that is what you call ,'' Inherited craziness,'' Pat Robertson lol. WHY, WHY did anyone ever watch the Robertsons?
You realize, of course, that the very people that Trout hates on this forum, guys like me, whom he refers to me in the derogatory manner.....we despise the likes of Pat Robertson? He's a crazy old man that just needs to stop.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:27 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You realize, of course, that the very people that Trout hates on this forum, guys like me, whom he refers to me in the derogatory manner.....we despise the likes of Pat Robertson? He's a crazy old man that just needs to stop.

Hate is too strong a word. You are not worthy.

It's that I think you are a dishonest and unpleasant person and I have no respect for you at all.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Hate is too strong a word. You are not worthy.

It's that I think you are a dishonest and unpleasant person and I have no respect for you at all.
And you know nothing about me. You don't know me, nor any of the other people that you routinely insult on this forum. I'm sorry for whatever happened that gave you such a negative attitude toward religion. I really am. For some reason you've got a bone to pick with religion, and daily you make bigoted, disparaging comments toward it here. I'm sorry that your'e such a negative person.

Old 05-10-2018, 08:46 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
And you know nothing about me. You don't know me, nor any of the other people that you routinely insult on this forum. I'm sorry for whatever happened that gave you such a negative attitude toward religion. I really am. For some reason you've got a bone to pick with religion, and daily you make bigoted, disparaging comments toward it here. I'm sorry that your'e such a negative person.

I'm sorry you lack insight.

Old 05-10-2018, 09:45 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
I've seen this, and it reminds me everytime I look at it, that there is no way one can be bigoted against a religion, just a person.

There is a difference.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
I've seen this, and it reminds me everytime I look at it, that there is no way one can be bigoted against a religion, just a person.

There is a difference.
And by exhibiting bigoted attitudes against anyone with an idea that contradicts one's own is the issue.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:10 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,666 times
Quote:
And by exhibiting bigoted attitudes against anyone with an idea that contradicts one's own is the issue.
I will attack the problems vociferously of religions. Every. Single. Time.

I won't attack you. I am not bigoted towards anyone, but I will not cotton bad philosophies or ideas.

Old 05-10-2018, 10:20 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Being gay is a choice.
Is that so? Well perhaps you could tell us, at what point in your life did you sit down, think about it, weigh up the pros and cons and then make the choice of whether to be straight (or gay)?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality