U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2018, 06:11 PM

24,964 posts, read 12,919,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Fair enough.
However I still have those as my last thoughts that I tried to live a good and peaceful life - before the curtain falls on my eyes.

Most hope to die with those thoughts, with or without a belief in a god.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2018, 06:20 PM

4,092 posts, read 1,501,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Then I'll say, "I'm truly sorry I doubted you. Maybe you shouldn't make faith in you so difficult to experience for millions and millions of the people you yourself cretated. You're not doing a very competent job for someone who is all powerful".
This is where you think God should do and act as per YOUR wishes and as per YOUR satisfaction.
Unfortunately, things dont work this way in the Abrahamic faiths.

You are judging God, yet the scenario is totally opposite. We are or will be judged by God (for those who believe) - we can’t judge God because we have no way to reward or punish him.

When God created human, he didn’t ask him how should I create you, because you don’t ask your creation any questions before creating it since it doesn’t exist.

Does a carpenter ask a chair BEFORE creating it as to how to design you? No
He just whittles it as he wants it. The chair has no say in it.

Does a computer programmer ask a program as how to design it? No he doesn’t because the program doesn’t exist.. He starts writing the code as he wants it.

For believers. God created human and our environment/challenges/ whichever way he wanted it - we have had no say in it.

For believers in God, one of the idea is, “Since we are here, let’s deal with it”.

Those who choose not to believe in this philosophy are free to choose whatever suits their mindset and their situation. And I don’t have an issue with it.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:24 PM

4,092 posts, read 1,501,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Most hope to die with those thoughts, with or without a belief in a god.
That’s fine with me.
I would rather die with these thoughts in addition to be a believer to play it safe - just in case if there is God I have to face in the cosmic realms.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:54 PM

21,019 posts, read 9,824,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
In a word: Yes.

Take a hard look at the world. People are not naturally nice. They're mean. Our hearts are naturally wicked...it's who we are.
You need to get out more. There are millions of nice people in the world -- far nice than you or your ilk -- who are not believers in the bible.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Of course not. Animals show love and kindness and none of them have read a bible or Koran.

Fundies, whether Christian or Muslim, at least realize they have no inner moral compass like the rest of us. They need theirs imposed by a scary god-thing.

Weird that they brag about it.
I think you may have hit it on the head. With some people, being loving and kind is simply intrinsic and something they grew up being. Others have to have those traits placed on them from the outside. They're usually not very good at it, even then.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:58 PM

24,964 posts, read 12,919,111 times
Quote:
Thatís fine with me.
I would rather die with these thoughts in addition to be a believer to play it safe - just in case if there is God I have to face in the cosmic realms.

If there is a god worthy of the capital "G," I will have no reason to fear facing it.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:00 PM

Quote:
This is where you think God should do and act as per YOUR wishes and as per YOUR satisfaction.
Unfortunately, things dont work this way in the Abrahamic faiths.

A perfect statement of why I now reject the Abrahamic faiths. They expect people to be perfect, even while god is the most imperfect.

You are judging God, yet the scenario is totally opposite. We are or will be judged by God (for those who believe) - we canít judge God because we have no way to reward or punish him.

Glad to hear he doesn't care if we reject him or even hate him. Rather emotionless, isn't he.

When God created human, he didnít ask him how should I create you, because you donít ask your creation any questions before creating it since it doesnít exist.

That's a brilliant statement.

Does a carpenter ask a chair BEFORE creating it as to how to design you? No
He just whittles it as he wants it. The chair has no say in it.

So we are no more than wood shavings. Gee, and I always thought the creation of life was something wonderful.

Does a computer programmer ask a program as how to design it? No he doesnít because the program doesnít exist.. He starts writing the code as he wants it.

Yawn.

For believers. God created human and our environment/challenges/ whichever way he wanted it - we have had no say in it. For believers in God, one of the idea is, ďSince we are here, letís deal with itĒ.
Those who choose not to believe in this philosophy are free to choose whatever suits their mindset and their situation. And I donít have an issue with it.

You seem to have quite a big issue with it. Otherwise you wouldn't post about it so often.

See above.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Thatís fine with me.
Ah...you're just playing it safe. Cool. And here I thought it was a deep belief.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:06 PM

2,174 posts, read 754,262 times
Quote:
Thatís fine with me.
This reeks of doubt and lukewarm faith.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:11 PM

4,987 posts, read 2,432,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
One of the things that non-believers, and even some of us believers are always going to question, is why do we just have a book left behind?
So to speak, I find we have the ' book of creation ' surrounding us as described in Job chapters 37-38.
Who can better answer the questions there.

Inquiring minds want to know, and I find the best answers to life's questions are answered in God's Book ( Bible ) for us.
Having the earthly life account about Jesus in written form stays the same generation after generation until Jesus' coming glory time of Matthew 25:31-33.

Jesus painted a word picture for us at Matthew 24 and Luke 21 in connection to our day, our generation, to let us know why things are happening the way they are happening. We will soon see the fulfillment of 1st Thessalonians 5:2-3 when ' they ' (powers that be) will be saying, "Peace and Security" as the precursor to the coming great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among persons of goodwill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality