Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2018, 10:47 AM

1,220 posts, read 986,683 times

Advertisements

The Bible is "short" on precise details because Jesus made a short work of it all. Now ya'll have a blessed Memorial day weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2018, 10:51 AM

16,758 posts, read 4,968,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Oh...you talking with me? Yes, you are the result of a man and a woman passing on their mutating heritable characteristics. How did a monkey enter that relationship?
Or a cabbage?

Or my mothers apple pie recipe (no, you can not have it)?

In other words, nothing (unless my parents went to the zoo on a date). Monkeys are non-hominoid simians.

As you are clearly ignorant about such things, just take comfort in the fact that everything you say out of ignorance will most probably be wrong.

Old 05-26-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
The Bible is "short" on precise details because Jesus made a short work of it all. Now ya'll have a blessed Memorial day weekend.
Which Jesus, the angel, the one who was devoutly Jewish, the gentile influenced one born over 10 years later, or the Gnostic Jesus?

Yes, the NT describes at least 4 mutually incompatible Jesus'.

Old 05-26-2018, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
Or a cabbage?

Or my mothers apple pie recipe (no, you can not have it)?

In other words, nothing (unless my parents went to the zoo on a date). Monkeys are non-hominoid simians.

As you are clearly ignorant about such things, just take comfort in the fact that everything you say out of ignorance will most probably be wrong.
Thanks buddy. Gotta go. Have a great weekend.

Old 05-26-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Thanks buddy. Gotta go. Have a great weekend.
Me too. Bier and grill time.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:42 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,760,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

Talking donkeys, snakes, and water-walking, oh my!

Enjoy your fantasies, Fundie.

Fantasies and delusions are only called facts by believers when the words religion or faith are attached to them.

Old 05-26-2018, 01:51 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,601,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan2008 View Post
Fantasies and delusions are only called facts by believers when the words religion or faith are attached to them.

Too soon

Old 05-27-2018, 07:05 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Well then you should just admit that nothing will convince you. Anyone can dismiss ANY evidence if they can try hard enough.
...and what evidence will convince you that your god doesn't exist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Yes, Jesus does exist. He did walk the earth almost 2000 years ago.
Any evidence for that...other than your Bible?

Quote:
He said the Laws would remain, but he fulfilled the Law.
Nope. The OT is full of statements claiming that the laws will last FOREVER and that they will NEVER change. Even your man-god said that not one jot of the law will change until heaven and Earth pass away. Don't know if you've noticed but 2000 years after he allegedly said that...the Earth is still here and therefore, according to your Jesus, the laws still stand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
You don't believe he could have told his disciples what was said later? They were together almost 24/7]
Yeah! 24/7 of witnessing miracles and at the end, they put their 'souls' in danger by denying him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Diogenes View Post
190 AD. Tertullian, writing around 200 AD said John ended at chapter 20. The last chapter was yet to be included.
As gMark ended at Chapter 16;8 but had chapters 9 - 20 added at a later date. So much for the 'never-changing' word of God huh!

Quote:
You've already made up your mind that miracles don't exist so why should one expect you to fairly accept evidence?
...which is Christian-speak for 'I don't have any convincing evidence so I'll just claim.... you won't accept anything I offer so what's the point in giving anything.'

Quote:
The apostles died horribly for their faith.
According to your bible...but no other evidence supports this or even that they existed.

Quote:
People don't sacrifice everything for a fiction.
Many people do so. Thousands of Japanese soldiers sacrificed everything because they believed their Emperor was a god. Was he?

Quote:
Yes, archaeology. You know, the main tool to verify ancient history. At the very least, it gives credibility to the Biblical accounts.
...and yet, when that very same archaeology shows the Bible to be wrong...you don't believe it.

Quote:
Ahem...I didn't glance at the clock while I was passing on my changing heritable characteristics. If you're still hell bent on screwing around with monkey's and fish you're gonna need a bigger clock.
Still waiting for you to explain (if the Earth is flat as you claim) why everywhere doesn't get sunlight as soon as the Sun rises?

Old 05-27-2018, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
...and what evidence will convince you that your god doesn't exist?

Any evidence for that...other than your Bible?

Nope. The OT is full of statements claiming that the laws will last FOREVER and that they will NEVER change. Even your man-god said that not one jot of the law will change until heaven and Earth pass away. Don't know if you've noticed but 2000 years after he allegedly said that...the Earth is still here and therefore, according to your Jesus, the laws still stand.

Yeah! 24/7 of witnessing miracles and at the end, they put their 'souls' in danger by denying him.

As gMark ended at Chapter 16;8 but had chapters 9 - 20 added at a later date. So much for the 'never-changing' word of God huh!

...which is Christian-speak for 'I don't have any convincing evidence so I'll just claim.... you won't accept anything I offer so what's the point in giving anything.'

According to your bible...but no other evidence supports this or even that they existed.

Many people do so. Thousands of Japanese soldiers sacrificed everything because they believed their Emperor was a god. Was he?

...and yet, when that very same archaeology shows the Bible to be wrong...you don't believe it.

Still waiting for you to explain (if the Earth is flat as you claim) why everywhere doesn't get sunlight as soon as the Sun rises?
Hi Robert...hope all is well. You spoke correctly...the sun rises. It also sets. Both actions require the sun to move. The sun in our sky is local...in the firmament where God placed it. It's an electric spot light, lighting the areas it's local to as it moves.

Old 05-27-2018, 09:50 AM

...and by the way Robert...you cannot prove the inexistence of God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality